drayton reservoir

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi

Anyone know when or if they plan to repair the damaged closed off Dam wall pegs at Drayton,

I would guess less than half the pegs along the wall are fishable,

are any of the main boards either side damaged or unsafe.

Thanks

Bowza

• 5 months later...
I heard there was a common in there around 44lb apparantly. Then when i fished it in winter last year i asked the baliff and he nearly wet himself laughing :lol: Don`t think its true somehow.

on the other hand, iv met a few bailiffs that think the is a 40 in their pond cause it did a 30 years back " it'l be 40+ son".........yeah right :lol:

the were carp in drayton before they stocked it, so i dont see why the couldnt be, wouldnt have thought many fishing there would have been set up to land it so it may have been caught a few times , just not banked.or maybe not....all adds to the mystery :lol:

• 2 months later...

Well I said I would update, got to the car park for 6.45 no daughter with me as it was probably too cold for her,

I walked round the left hand side to peg 88, it has a large bivvy area just behind it and a good mark using bouy no 4, traffic cone

so I spoded out about 10-15 spods in a area to both sides of the bouy and about 10 yards short of it, I put my rods out with small pva mesh bags as well.

Blanked, not a bleep, no one else was getting a run either, at around 14:30 I packed up and went back to car ,

ah well another day needs to be planned, cant wait for my other lake to re-open from close down.

wind was comming over the damn wall and cold rain most of the day, small amount of sleet around 9am,

Still it was relaxing

beats a day in the office :)

Bowza

Leggs

if truth be known , I threw my gear on the barrow still rigged up, with the intention of fishing the damn wall near the car, but lack of coffee and anything else to drink, plus my iffy tummy , it went in the car after a quick visit to the porta loo

felt rough for the last few hours, all started Sunday morning when I woke up, hope it clears for weekend need to get out for another session somewhere, my try stanwick lakes mallard

Bowza

if you get there early enough head for pegs around the 90's fish long in day with small bags or method and short after 2ish i just chuck my bait in as far as will go under arm and just fish over it, corn and pellet work really well,there is also another peg thats a flyer but if i told you that i would have to kill you :wink: