drayton reservoir

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

here you go ===dgcarper

drayton

went there in feb this year had three doubles myself and my mate had a couple. the chap a couple of pegs up from us had twelve fish on the method. had all my fish on white chocolate boilies if that is any help to you , 2oo pound plus catches possible in summer

I have not been for a long while but some things will never change like the best pegs, try and get on the boards peg 34 a,b,c,d,e,f,g, as these are always the fliers and win all the matches from these. if they are taken then try to get 35-40 on the corner of the dam (boat house) The lake used to fish well from the corner opposite the dam where you have a little extra water to fish. (i think these are 89-90) up the sides are also good from 90 -100 and 25-33 but it gets shallow from 1-18 (boat club side) and 100+ so best if its warm. The dam is fairly productive all along but if your off the fish it can be hard going. This time of year i would imagine the method to be best although float fishing in close will produce of the dam (mid wall)

hi there,

Just a question but are you refering to drayton reservior in DAVENTY?

If so then iv been fishing this reservior for a few years now, ever since i was a young wipa-snapper!

Its a great place to fish a to be honest you can use just about any bait and be guarenteed to catch.

I have found personally that the Method feeder is the best rig to use in this water with a very short hook length, of which you can tuck just nicely into your groundbait, this method of fishing is used by a heck of a lot of people whom fish this water.

I have spent a lot of days at the side of this water and never have i been there and had a bad day, I have been known to go there and pull fish out of the water one after anouther, ALL DAY. Some pegs fish better than others,but then every peg fishes well!

Sometimes if its to cold then this reservior can be very hard to fish, but other than that i have had no reason to beleive that i would not catch there!

In regards to the best pegs to fish, I personnaly fish any of the first set of pegs to your left or right as you enter the reservior from the opposite end to the boating house! this corner can be fantastic to fish as its deep, there is a wall around 3ft out which the carp love to feed off, enableing you to method feed around 10/15ft out or just use a float and have quite a hook length on, as the water is very deep in this area, 12ft deep so iv been told, but never plumbed it myself!

ALSO GREAT FOR PIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways let me know if i have the rite place as some people call it drayton reservior and others call it timken reservior!

hope this has been of some interest to you.

Steve.........

Guest Anonymous

all i no is you come of m1 after eddie stobarts place is it the railway termanial jnct and it 10 mins from there ..... last time i went the dam wall was shut for work ???

thanks for all replies. I fished peg 43 on friday & saturday.

I caught 14 fish & 20 fish respectively. Corn on hair rig was the best on groundbait feeder, at distance & also the bagging waggler. The ducks eat the groundbait off the bottom of the float but the carp still come ! I used richworth fruity method mix with crazybait gold, party mix , 4mm pellets , ground-up bolies & hemp.

The last 2 hours produced fish both days, all doubles to 18lb 4oz these fish came from the dam ledge right under the rod tip 10 foot from the edge of the platform !!! Keep loose feeding pellets after an initial four balls of groundbait. The takes are savage to say the least & bait runner reels ESSENTIAL or you will be looking for new gear !

Temperature was 3.5 at 08.00 on saturday with a good breeze into the dam wall. It felt very cool !!!

I was amazed at the small number of anglers on such a prolific water, 20 max. on saturday.

The boards pegs were occupied each day but did not produce.

Tight lines!!

Guest Anonymous

may have to pay a visit tomorrow :D peg 43 ?? did you say its one of the dam wall ?? and only ledger about 10ft of edge of boards ?? any good on pop up corn ??

yes peg 43 is on dam wall.

cast about 50 yards for the majority of the day but keep feeding 10 foot off the platform & fish it from about 16.00 onwards.

I just used 3 pieces of corn & popped up could work, but at the moment the fish didn't seem to be hitting the method ball, thats why I fished groundbait feeder with a 18inch hook length.

I did have some fish on pineapple/banana nutrabait boilies & chocolate pop-ups on the bagging waggler but the water temperature governs this method.

Hope you catch regards Peter.

Guest Anonymous

watch out drayton my bagging waggler is coming to get you :D :D :D with nash white chocolate boilies cheers pete wot time did the car park open as looks like it going to be very warm tomorrow :wink::P:wink:

• 2 years later...

i see they are going to let you night fish at drayton ive fished there a lot in the past but not for about 5 years,how they are talking it is going to be a carp water instead of a match water just trying to think where you are going to the bivvy as it is the dam wall or on the boards cant think off any where to peg the bivvy down

i see they are going to let you night fish at drayton ive fished there a lot in the past but not for about 5 years,how they are talking it is going to be a carp water instead of a match water just trying to think where you are going to the bivvy as it is the dam wall or on the boards cant think off any where to peg the bivvy down

I have fished it once but its not my sort of water, however i read that the match fishing their is in decline because the carp are getting too big for the match tackle - i believe they average 10lb plus now. So they are going to start night fishing there in order to hopefully attract more specimen carpers. As for the stock levels im not sure whether they are going to alter it or not. And i have no idea where you can really pitch a bivvy, from what i can remeber its all wooden platforms. Personally i think they will attract alot of people to fish their, however i doubt proper carpers will bother, too many small fish and too many with mouth damage.

I'd imagine it'd be a cup hook job to secure the bivvy... seem to recall they had tie down rings on the platforms too

• 7 months later...
I took a guy out fishing the other week and went to drayton. we had a blinding day. It was his first time out fishing for carp so had to go somewhere for runs. We fished 42 and used zigs and soup and had 17 fish from 12 till 5pm.

the first boards swim is still the hot swim. :D

Its quite shallow round there aswell isnt it

• 1 month later...