Watery Gate

Yes I've fished there a couple of times.

It's a runs water, the average size is about 13lb , whenever we've been we normally have a couple of fish about 16 -17lb, they have a lot of matches on there too.

The bloke who runs it isn't exactly a ray of sunshine and the rats can be a pain. There's loads of 'em. If you leave any bait out it'll be gone in the morning. The rats will have it or the sheep. :shock:

The bottom lake is a puddle and is rammed full of little pasties. There's also a stretch of river which is supposed to hold some good bream and pike.

I went one summer and it was like a holiday camp! Caravans and campers around the lake with music pumping out 'til late. :twisted:

We still caught though. It should be OK this time of year .

The bailiff is only interested in the cash he doesn't seem to care what else goes on as long as he gets the dough.

There could be the odd twenty in there but i couldn't say for sure.

If you want to put a bend in you rod and have a social it's ideal .

Oh and the main lake is about 1.5 acres. Its not that wide just long.

Good luck.

• 1 year later...

Hey up people ohhhhh the joy of search :lol::lol: me and the old boy are on about going down here in a couple of weeks for the night just to get a bend in the rod as we both havent been out for so long :cry: . Just wondering if anyone has any upto date info on the place i.e how its fishing is the owner still a mardy arsse and which areas of the lake are producing the goods :wink: . Obviously i will go for a walk round to see whats what before i start fishing but a helping hand is always good :wink:

Cheers guys and girls

Willow :wink:

"Good times"

:lol::lol::lol::lol: be abit hard for you to know about it buddy unless u fly over here every now and then to fish the place which i dont think you would do :lol: . It not a secret mate far from it it just frustrates me because if i had posted a new thread about it every man and his dog would have been jumping on the "use the search" band wagon so i thought i would use the search. It seems to me that there is a certain clique on here and if you are not in it you arent going to get answered . I mean you aint telling me that there was no one on here from around leicester last night even just to say cant help buddy would have been ok :lol: but to ignore it is abit harsh just my thoughts :lol:

Tight Lines

Willow :wink:

• 3 weeks later...