north west carp fishing

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont at the moment but hopefully ill be getting a permit in may/june when they come on sale. however you need to find someone who is already a member to sign you on. u may be able to ask someone on the day. i think the dates are on the eccleston angling centre website ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk

anyone else got any decent waters in the northwest.....im about to join lymm angling. anyone got any advice on which lakes (shakerely and lymmvale seem obvious)

i fished highfields last weekend resulting in no fish and no runs! my bro caught 2 mirrors at 20-4 and 24-5....the smaller fish having never been caught!

is anyone fishing the northwest carp championships at wyreside in august? apparently its pairs with one fishing wyre or bantons and the other fishing sunny 1,2 or foxes...maybe even river and quarry too but im not sure...good prize money up for grabs!

anyone else got any decent waters in the northwest.....im about to join lymm angling. anyone got any advice on which lakes (shakerely and lymmvale seem obvious)

I've been in Lymm Anglers for just over a year , they have some very nice Carp waters , yes Lymmvale is a beautiful water with some stunning fish , Carp to 27lb(20's are quite numerous but difficult to catch) it is also a stunning Tench water and also 2 VERY large Cats , Shakerley I can't really report on as I havent fished it yet but the average size of Carp being caught from catch reports is around 17-20lb , Founders Pool is a good carp water with carp to 24lb I believe , Belmont estate has 2 good carp waters altho it is quite popular with the membership and only fairly small , Belmont Pool itself has Carp to 29lb and a 30 is expected this year , this is probably your best bet for a 20+ fish at a Lymm water just dont expect to be alone at the water.

Hope that helps ya some :)

You should try the Fan Lodge in Bickershaw, Wigan. I fished it for about five years. Ive had mirrors up to 20lb and the biggest of the common's which was 22lbs. There are also plenty of high doubles. The most productive bait is a fishmeal boilie with fish and friut flavours.

PENDLE VIEW FISHERIES nr CLITHEROE.

THEY CHARGE £18.00 FOR 3 RODS FOR A FULL 24 HOURS FISHING.

EVEN THOUGH NO BOOKING SYSTEM IS IN OPERATION,THEY HAVE 10-11 DOUBLE PEGS FOR OVER NIGHT CARPERS,WHICH WILL TAKE 2 BIVVIES & 6 RODS WITH ROOM TO SPARE.

THE BIGGEST FISH TO DATE IS A COMMON OF 37.8lb,WHICH WAS LAST OUT IN AUGUST 2004.

8.5 ACRES OF WATER WITH A VAST RANGE OF MIXED CARP FROM 8-37lb+.

INCLUDING SILVER CARP,WHICH ARE PLANKTON EATERS.

GRASSIES OVER 15lb,OVER 30 25lb+.

TOILETS/SHOWER&HOT FOOD+LADIES AND DISABLED LOOS ASWELL.

BAIT BOATS ARE ALLOWED.

NO TIGER NUT OR PEANUTS ALLOWED.

DRIVE TO YOUR PEG WITH PARKING ASWELL.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT??????????:)

somewhere a bit cheaper please! my club card is £85 for the year....or just under 5 nights on pendle:eek:

£18 for 24hrs fishing is dayllight robbery mate!:o

OK SO THE PRICES MAYBE WRONG,,BUT IF YOU WANT REALLY CHEAP FISHIN,,THE UK HAS OVER 2500 MILES OF CANAL(ALONG WITH PUPPYBAGS/FOOTPATHS/DOGCR*P ETC ETC ETC)OR YOU CAN STICK TO YOUR CLUBCARB AND DREAM OF THE BIG ONE THAT YOU NEVER HAD!:( .

CHECK THE LINK AND DECIDE FOR YOURSELF.........

WWW.FISHERIES.CO.UK/PENDLEVIEW

RING THEM AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS AS YOU GET DISCOUNTS FOR FISHING OVER SO MANY DAYS.

i think i'll pass on ringing them thanks mate! i'd rather sit amongst the dog walkers on the canal or stay on my club water dreaming than be taken for a mug;)

better still i'll stick with my club card and have the chance to catch fish that are of equal size to those in pendle but without the credibility problems....lol:D

DONT KNOW WHAT PROBLEMS YOU HAVE HAD,BUT I FIND THE STAFF VERY HELPFULL.AS FOR THE CREDIBILITY OF THE PLACE,MAYBE YOU COULD LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN.

THERES ALSO A SMALL WATER NEAR PADIHAM(BURNLEY)CALLED LOWERHOUSE LODGE(2.5 ACRES ABOUT)GOOD STOCK OF 20+POUNDERS.ONLY THING IS THAT IT IS A DAY TICKET WATER(NIGHT FISHING FOR MEMBERS ONLY)CAT MEAT WORKS V/WELL HERE.

explaining credibility isn't easy in a few words mate! prior to 1994 big fish waters in the north west were quite rare and usually very difficult to fish,they were low stocked and the fish in them had taken quite a few years to reach a good size,these waters did and still do require a lot of dedication to fish and anything you catch is well and truly earned,even if its only a double!:wink:

in 1994 our borders came down and free trade was allowed throughout europe,this has led to fishery owners importing large carp from the continent and creating overstocked instant big carp puddles.

today,its now possible to just throw silly amounts of money at the owners of these places and sooner or later you'll get your big fish,theres very little skill in fishing these type of waters and amongst the general north west big fish scene no credibility is given to captures from these type of lakes;)

of course there is another side to this,these fisheries bring big fish within easy reach of your average angler but its at a big cost to your pocket and in a lot of cases to your angling future.

catching bigger and bigger carp is something people should aspire to do and having it handed to them on a plate so easily by these types of fishery is likely to mean more tackle in the for sale columns as people leave the sport for something else;)

WELL,,YOU CANT GET FAIRER THAN THAT,AND I CAN SEE WHAT YOU MEAN REGARDING THE FISH BEING HANDED ON A PLATE.

BUT,,,LARGE,OLD FISH ARE WISE,AND IT STILL TAKES CUNNING AND SKILL TO CATCH A FISH THAT DOESNT WANT TO GET CAUGHT.

AND TO END THIS SUBJECT,,MY PERSONNEL VIEW OF THE OSSIE BIG CARP THAT ARE BEING BROUGHT OVER FOR BRITISH WATERS IS THIS....KEEP YOUR FISH WERE THEY ARE............

fluffflinger i don't understand where your comeing from?

You say you don't support foreign fish being brought into this country yet you do support it as your paying to fish for them. There is ony one reason why those fish are in there and that is to attract anglers which for the fishery owner = more cash in his pocket. So by you even posting the details on here your supporting that kind of fishery. If you think carp belong where they are then don't fish for them at pendle its shows how strong your morals are eh?

Lol those fish in pendle are not old cunning they are rammed in there and have little choice but to eat bait.

(message for melancholy)

have you tried hudsons farm??? near wyreside at st michaels its a water ive yet to try. Im 24 a keen carper live in blackpool but none of my mates are into fishing if you havent fished it before and fancy going let me know or infact if anyone wants to take a trip to any carp lake near blackpool let me know i could do with some company :( :(

YEAH RIGHT!!!

PENDLE DOESNT HAVE FORIEGN FISH CRAMNED INTO ITS WATERS.

THE CURRENT OWNERS CONVERTED THE COURSE LAKE,WHICH HAD A MULTITUDE OF COARSE FISH & A PRETTY LARGE HEAD OF "MATURE" CARP,INTO A COARSE LAKE WITH MORE SPECIMEN & MATURE CARP.

YES THEY SPENT MONEY INTRODUCING A FEW "LARGER"FISH,BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY,YOU GO CARP FISHING TO CATCH BIG FISH.OTHERWISE IT WOULD BE A WASTE OF 5 NIGHTS FISHING,IN ********************ING DOWN RAIN,AND CATCHING NOTHING BUT 10lb FISH THAT ARE ON THIER LAST LEGS.

AS WITH MOST CARPERS,YOU HAVE THE WRONG ATTITUDE TOWARDS FISHING,AS YOUR SAY IS FINAL WITH NO ARGUEMENT.

OR ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE"SERIOUS"CARPERS THAT GETS THE CANS OUT BEFORE YOUR RODS.LOL

IF NORTHERN WATERS ARE BETTER THAN THOSE AROUND THE WIRRAL,THEN SO BE IT,,,,JUST DONT MOAN ABOUT HAVING TO PAY FOR THE FISHING...AND IF YOUR CLUB WATER HAS FISH AT 37lb+....WHY DO YOU WANT TO FISH NORTHERN WATERS WITH BIG FISH IN THEM??????????STICK TO YOUR CLUB WATERS,AS YOUR MENTALITY AMAZING.LOL:confused:

YEAH RIGHT!!!

PENDLE DOESNT HAVE FORIEGN FISH CRAMNED INTO ITS WATERS.

THE CURRENT OWNERS CONVERTED THE COURSE LAKE,WHICH HAD A MULTITUDE OF COARSE FISH & A PRETTY LARGE HEAD OF "MATURE" CARP,INTO A COARSE LAKE WITH MORE SPECIMEN & MATURE CARP.

YES THEY SPENT MONEY INTRODUCING A FEW "LARGER"FISH,BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY,YOU GO CARP FISHING TO CATCH BIG FISH.OTHERWISE IT WOULD BE A WASTE OF 5 NIGHTS FISHING,IN ********************ING DOWN RAIN,AND CATCHING NOTHING BUT 10lb FISH THAT ARE ON THIER LAST LEGS.

AS WITH MOST CARPERS,YOU HAVE THE WRONG ATTITUDE TOWARDS FISHING,AS YOUR SAY IS FINAL WITH NO ARGUEMENT.

OR ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE"SERIOUS"CARPERS THAT GETS THE CANS OUT BEFORE YOUR RODS.LOL

IF NORTHERN WATERS ARE BETTER THAN THOSE AROUND THE WIRRAL,THEN SO BE IT,,,,JUST DONT MOAN ABOUT HAVING TO PAY FOR THE FISHING...AND IF YOUR CLUB WATER HAS FISH AT 37lb+....WHY DO YOU WANT TO FISH NORTHERN WATERS WITH BIG FISH IN THEM??????????STICK TO YOUR CLUB WATERS,AS YOUR MENTALITY IS AMAZING.LOL:confused:

Having fished a few places in the NW 20 years or so ago, I'm amazed that Lymm Dam and Burton mere havent cropped up, or what about Grey Mist (I think my first double came from grey mist about 25 yrs ago). I ve caught carp from all of them.

I did fish Lymm vale too but I dont think it was known as a carp water then, I actually went to catch an Orfe!

slow down there fluff flinger....your references to wirral and club waters suggests that your post is aimed at me but the comments your replying to actually came from a fellow lancastrian mate;)

nutbuster...burton mere is in the same category as pendle,over priced and not worth the money they ask for fishing it;)

i've fished grey mist myself and i reckon its an ideal water for anyone coming into carp fishing and i know many an nw angler who started on there:D

hahaha

are you a serious carper? you obviously only rate carp by their size.

i do fish northern waters with big NORTHERN fish in them not IMPORTED big carp rammed into a pond.

The biggest in tha lake i fish is 27/6 i had it last night actually! Il still fish there because ther are atleast 6 more 20's to catch. Every fish i catch there overwhelms me as it such a hard water untill youv'e fished a HARD water youl never get this sort of satisfaction and soon you'l catch really big fish and then what?

wrong attitude? what so if your not doing the same as everyone else and fishing a rammed out lake youve got it wrong?

Your abviouly a novice who has no idea whats out there in the north west and yes there are northern water with 37lb+ fish in that are northern!

your attitude is wrong fishing is there to be enjoyed its not all about catching! i can go for more than 5 days and still be enjoying it with no fish and i have done get some perspective before you start telling me where i should be fishing old boy.

THIS ALL STARTED WITH SOMBODY ASKING FOR DECENT WATERS TO FISH IN THE NORHT WEST....

I MENTIONED A NAME OF A WATER,THEN GOT A MOUTHFULL BACK....

AS FOR THE AUSSIE CARP STORY...THEY ARE AFTER INTRODUCING AUSTRALIAN 30/40/&50 POUNDERS+ INTO ENGLISH LAKES.FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT CARP ARE PROLIFIC IN AUSTRALIA,AND YOU CAN BE FINED FOR THROWING THEM BACK INTO MOST WATERS.IN OTHER WORDS THERES NO SUCH THING AS CATCH AND RELEASE FOR "ANY"CARP IN AUSTRALIA.SO THEY WANT TO SELL TO THE UK AND IF THEY PASS THE HEALTH CHECKS,YOU MAY BE CATCHING AUSSIE CARP IN YOUR LAKE SOON........

HOWS THAT FOR FORIEGN FISH??????:wink:

not quite sure what to make of aussie carp coming over here....i know their regarded as vermin over there so it doesn't surprise me they want to sell them to the uk

but who'd want to buy them? surely it would be cheaper for a lake owner to import from the eu rather than the other side of the world?:confused:

The thing is,is that buying ready grown big fish,in bulk orders,will actually be cheaper than importing from the EU.

If you could buy a 25lb from the Eu for £xxx amount,and buy 4 40lb plus for the same price from OZ,which fish are going to stock your lake?Sad but true,after all health checks are done,these fish will be in UK lakes.

stop immigration now,before our lakes turn into the same state as our country.......:x