north west carp fishing

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

highfields is a day ticket water on the way to fleetwood near blackpool....its 25 notes a day for 3 rods.

approximately 4 acres with 8 pegs, its set out perfect with each peg having their own area to fish

the stock is approximately 120 fish from 12/13lbs - 30+ with the lake record currently being 29lb 4oz.....sounds a lot of fish for a small lake but their not easy to catch! i did 5 blanks before i actually caught loosing 3 fish on previous occasions!

baitwise i think anything works well, im going for 4 days next week so ill let you know how i get on!

why is it that there is a lack of safe and secure waters in the northwest where like minded people can go and enjoy there pastime. It seems that to fish most waters in the northwest you have to be built like a brick *h*thouse or go with mates. adam (manchester)

come may ill be able to night fish a water with a fully fenced perimeter and a lock on the gate that ill have a key for. its also a 1 minute walk from my front door :D only problem is it can get busy and biggest carp only goes 20 at its highest weight :/

does anybody know where borwick or borick is? in the northwest possibly near preston??

Your all right about Sale water park, fising is ok, just the dic eds that hang around!!!

Same with Chorlton water park.

I'm looking to go somewhere decent and safe!!!!! Not been carp fishing all that long, I'm in Warrington anglers assoc, and Northwich a.a, Warrington has a nice water, only small called Astle pool, in Chelford, its a hard water, but had a few out of there to 22lb, and an added bonus of a 9lb tench!!

Not fished sandiway yet. Billenge Green (cant spell) produced some good carp, thats on the n.a.a card tho! Just read something on another site about a place called orrell water park, do you know anything about this place, i'm lookin for somewhere to go tomorrow, as long as the weather holds out!!!!

i know orrell water park! i used to fish there every day in the summer holidays when i was a kid, going back about eight years now. was a season ticket holder.

There are two lakes, both about four acre. the top lake has an island and the bottom lake doesnt reall have any features, it used to be reserved for matches only!

Back when i used to fish it, the lake record was a low twenty but the bigest i ever saw was lb17.

Both lakes are full of carp but the top lake has been heavily fished over the years. I would fish the bottom lake if you can, some nice commons and ghosts in there and they will probly be a lot bigger now.

If you go, let me know how it goes, want to go back myself.

Good luck mate

Guest Anonymous

anyone know any lakes up north that hold good carp apart from wyreside and highfields??

being a liverpool lad ive had to fish sometimes with the added security of a nuclear warhead in my rukky:D i have had a spell on the north wales lakes like llyn yr gors which is a top venue BUT its been takin over by a different guy and i had a run in with him coz he decided to stim the bankside one sunny sunday afternoon i asked would he do it if the lake was busy he replied no so my reply was well im a paying angler so theres no difference:mad: anyway there is gweyrd fisheries.Its ok if you want your rod bent by a 10 pounder but your not going to break the pb. I joined lymm angling for a spell and they have a lovely water on there card called lymmvale its a really nice water but they only had 2 bivvy pegs but i had a couple of twentys out of there when i could get on. Now im fishing the lancashire waters called pendleview again not a bad venue but if your like me (working nights and heading up first thing saturday morning) you will struggle getting a swim. Wyreside really good proffesionally run venue with some good carp in now i want to head back down shropshire i was on a syndicate down there called millhouse lakes but it was that old there was only a couple of feet of water left as it was silted up to death( if anyone has any info on a shropshire syndicate it would be most welcome save me the headache lf sniffing one out) Cheers Men

i used to fish orrel too i have to agree with what u say however the lakes arent really that full of carp anymore as they have had a fwe fish kills ive not heard anything for a couple of years tho it may have picked up or the pressure may have eased up a bit, ill have to go back one day :)

i think sunny 2 will be an ok water for us nw carpers this year but id really like some big unpressured water or one were only matchmen fish or something. carping is just too popular now :(

has ne1 here fished a water called kingsdown road flash a.k.a "polys". me and my dad r going 2 fish it soon, ne ideas of tactics etc. wud be helpful.

tight lines.

in reply to polys its still a bit cold yet only 3ft deep in summer breed will beat anthing some very nice carp last year and bailifs r very helpfull try braddys pond 2 9 fish last week 9-14lbs on tigers+sweetcorn ex 5hours fishing