ashmire

carpholio

I have just spent another 3 days at ashmire with no result, I did have a northerly wind blowing with rain which I thought might of sent the fish down. This place is hard to fish and a lot more than just turning up and plonking your rods in is required. The weed in the place is from top to bottom and is pointless trying to rake as I estimate there to be about 400 tons of the stuff, I have tried praying to the carpholio god with no success.

Who else has fished here and how did you get on? All answers on a pigeon please...

this seems like a very simalr situation that im in carpholio ,as you no find a bait they like, find a location ie clear spots and aply the bait well topping the swim up rather than unleashing hell from the word go its,maybe extreme but i try to count boilies that have landed on the money and when i get a run ,either im lucky and my boilie is first to have been eaten but i usually try an work it out about half way point ..example 100 baits on the spot ,get a run an fish then gradually put 50 baits out to bring numbers up again ,,just a thought, soon be particle an fake bait time ...... or greeno's time .... its all about mantis gold

8) i fished ashmire a couple of seasons ago.it was still choked with weed back then.the fish allways seemed to be around island swim so long chuck seemed to be a good place to fish or the letterbox or gate doubles.i allways seemed to get action but lost a few due to the weed.i never really caught over lots off bait,just find the clear patches in far margins and fish with fluros this seemed to be the best method for me,or if you want a food bait only put out 10 or so boilies while fishing and scatter a kilo or so along the edges when your packing up,hope this helped if not find another water because what you think is in there is not allways the case.

Hello elmo, there is no waiting list of such, the new season for the place starts on march 15th. The exsisting members are given 1st choice of renewing their membership 1st and any that don't, have their place offered to the general public. This year it was £250 but there is talk of a price increase next year. There are about 30 swims and most of them are doubles with 3 swims on the island which is accessed by a boat, the majority of the swims you can park your car next to or get your car near enough to make loading and unloading easier. Hope this answers your question.

• 1 month later...

alright have you tried the gate swim under the dead tree on the right its got a big clear patch that produces quite a few fish also like said before the letterbox can be a good swim you just have to fish under your tips in there then theres the long chuck a lot of people just blast a bait out anywhere but if you look to your left about 3-4yards out another clear patch that can produce some good fish i never bothered with the garden swims really so cnt help there but i found a lot of fish come out under your rod tips give it a wirl you might be suprised i used monster tigernut and it seemed to work for me and as for a forty rons having a laugh just look at the fish you catch there all mainly dark in colour the fish hes holding is really light i think it one of his mates kevin maddocks fish,photo'd in france never mind egh ! lol gate double also worth a cast fish tight to the lillies on the island hope this helps good luck you'll need it this time of year at ashmire

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I was looking to join this syndicate, cracking lake and from what I'm told it is difficult but rewarding.

I lad I fish with done a season on there and had an awesome year including 16 fish through the winter from one swim. (2009/10)

From what he told me it was simple fishing, bait up regularly and be vigilant of the new clear spots appearing where the fish are ripping up the weed and get on them early. While it was simple fishing he put loads of effort into baiting up regularly and setting up in the dark and leaving in the dark etc he was rewarded for this and had all his target fish in the year.

• 4 weeks later...

gets very very busy which makes the fact it is very swimmy worse ...really need to be in gate /gate doubles or early in the year (before the weed makes it unfishable) the long chuck never saw a fish come out of any other swims..........no 40 but plenty of 30,s to go at...very friendly syndicate but take what ron tells you with a pinch of salt