New purchases

B B

Had a fair old drive to Kings Lynn yesterday (90 mins each way) to buy a Drennan Acolyte plus 10' feeder rod. Plan is to pair it with a Daiwa ninja 3012a come payday (this Friday). Then I just need a light unhooking mat, and it's here fishy fishy 🎣😁

Just gone through all my gear to take batteries out of everything, while we go on Holiday soon, won't be out until Mid June now.....Fuuuuuuuming.

I have managed to misplace my Gizmo Receiver and cannot find for love no money....

I've only Purchased them New from Angling Direct on 9th January (Have proof of receipt).

5 hours ago, Carpbell3 said:

Not a purchase but is the front page shop open again, bit of a review in the forums would be good been years since the shop was trading, is it still a Fox venture? 

The forum has had a tidy up, plans going forward?

I wondered the same 

clicked  it a few times and just opened a new forum page

Edited by framey

6 hours ago, Carpbell3 said:

Not a purchase but is the front page shop open again, bit of a review in the forums would be good been years since the shop was trading, is it still a Fox venture? 

48 minutes ago, framey said:

I wondered the same 

Always plans going forward.

The main problem as I mentioned in News and Announcements is Google only picking up on threads started less than 5 years ago. So the database of threads going back to 2005 became almost worthless, which as so many threads had accumulated was rather sad.

So far I have deleted 60,000 threads, goodness knows what that is in posts!

No it's not a Fox only shop, it should be everything.

4 hours ago, Golden Paws said:

Every time I click on the banner it just opens the home page again but in a new window. Is there anything on there worth buying???

5 hours ago, framey said:

I wondered the same 

4 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

The main problem as I mentioned in News and Announcements is Google only picking up on threads started less than 5 years ago. So the database of threads going back to 2005 became almost worthless, which as so many threads had accumulated was rather sad.

No it's not a Fox only shop, it should be everything.

11 hours ago, Carpbell3 said:

Shop up and running now ???

18 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

That’s a shame as some of those very old threads contained invaluable info that I’ve referred back to over the years .

2 hours ago, newmarket said:

That’s a shame as some of those very old threads contained invaluable info that I’ve referred back to over the years .

This might help - http://web.archive.org/web/20230201081725/https:/forum.carp.com/

It's an archive (Way back Machine on archive.org) that backs up websites.

May find the old threads on there 😉

8 hours ago, newmarket said:

That’s just crazy what a waste, I enjoy going back over the old posts especially the pics and  to lose the info … as Newmarket says it’s a shame 

Don't mind my guff going down the plughole shame about the more experienced anglers and their posts.

It's a shame some of the named anglers don't use public forums they are all about YouTube bucks and sales if I was paying anglers to punt gear they would be using a list of media outlets regularly.

On 21/05/2023 at 12:12, Highy said:

Just gone through all my gear to take batteries out of everything, while we go on Holiday soon, won't be out until Mid June now.....Fuuuuuuuming.

I have managed to misplace my Gizmo Receiver and cannot find for love no money....

I've only Purchased them New from Angling Direct on 9th January (Have proof of receipt).

Soooo have you found your Gizmo yet ??

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Oooo, yah 🙄🙄, literally yesterday....it was in a bucket of pellets (how on gods earth) I will never know......saved a few quid there.

Items found in bucket of bag/spod mix:

Braid blades, Gardner baiting needle, spoon for coffee stirring and Sky's bone...

11 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Items found in bucket of bag/spod mix:

Braid blades, Gardner baiting needle, spoon for coffee stirring and Sky's bone...

I always forget I've left my catapult in a bucket until I find it rotting,and i quite often find Pva tape offcuts, scissors and rows of boilie stops too.

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I always forget I've left my catapult in a bucket until I find it rotting,and i quite often find Pva tape offcuts, scissors and rows of boilie stops too.

I always forget to tell my mate my lead bag is in his rucksack then when we get to our faraway swim suddenly I would remember…this has happened several times  😇

On 24/05/2023 at 21:28, Carpbell3 said:

Don't mind my guff going down the plughole shame about the more experienced anglers and their posts.

It's a shame some of the named anglers don't use public forums they are all about YouTube bucks and sales if I was paying anglers to punt gear they would be using a list of media outlets regularly.

There’s quite a few well known anglers that have posted on here over the years .

Jim Shelley , Keith Moors and Richard Gardner to name just 3 .

You could also add Nige Woodcock and , er , Carpmachine to that list as well 🤣

2 hours ago, newmarket said:

There’s quite a few well known anglers that have posted on here over the years .

I recall JS bless him never could understand the no swearing rule always thought it was down to the site using it to ban him, it's the server company Jim.

Great carp angler but how he ever managed to sell books is a mystery real limited vocabulary.

Don't think Nash gives his staff much time off for fishing, listening to one of his pod casts I couldn't be near the bloke he is a bit too barrow boy for me.

I'd fish his lakes though 🤐

1 hour ago, Carpbell3 said:

I recall JS bless him never could understand the no swearing rule always thought it was down to the site using it to ban him, it's the server company Jim.

Great carp angler but how he ever managed to sell books is a mystery real limited vocabulary.

Don't think Nash gives his staff much time off for fishing, listening to one of his pod casts I couldn't be near the bloke he is a bit too barrow boy for me.

I'd fish his lakes though 🤐

JS is the same in real life, and not as nice as his books portray. I won't wash laundry in public, but I've had run'ins with him, and I know additional stories, not just hearsay.

4 hours ago, newmarket said:

I miss Richard Gardners posts, and articles.

I recall some articles he wrote years ago about both fly fishing for carp, and Nile Perch in Africa.

Moorsey used to be prolific.

Newest purchase, after rod licence last week (disabled get concessionary, wow!) to replace the 3 year old chest waders that started leaking in both legs after finding cracked off leads, rigs and hooks in the weed, I ordered a new pair Wednesday night, they have just arrived. 

£30 well spent.

20230526_151554.jpg

1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

JS is the same in real life, and not as nice as his books portray. I won't wash laundry in public,

Don't know him. Seen a video he did on my syndicate, before i joined, as it was the only thing i could findonline about the place.. Very average.

He got banned the year after I joined, so he must be a wally, as the team there are very easy going.

That said, they haven't let other well known celeb anglers join, since. So, I guess they don't want that type of publicity.

6 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

JS is the same in real life, and not as nice as his books portray. I won't wash laundry in public, but I've had run'ins with him, and I know additional stories, not just hearsay.

I miss Richard Gardners posts, and articles.

I recall some articles he wrote years ago about both fly fishing for carp, and Nile Perch in Africa.

Moorsey used to be prolific.

Newest purchase, after rod licence last week (disabled get concessionary, wow!) to replace the 3 year old chest waders that started leaking in both legs after finding cracked off leads, rigs and hooks in the weed, I ordered a new pair Wednesday night, they have just arrived. 

£30 well spent.

20230526_151554.jpg

Look similar to the cygnet ones I got 48 on sale, can well recommend them you could wear them all day other than the hottest days.