New purchases

B B

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Awsome shelters, loved mine, you getting the wrap? Saves the faff of a front, also makes front about 2ft extra space....I kept forgetting to loosen the 2 straps on the peak when putting away.

Went up really easily, not sure I will get accessories as its mainly going to be used spring summer and autumn, I have my bunker for winter with wrap, although the wrap does sound better than a front 

3 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Went up really easily, not sure I will get accessories as its mainly going to be used spring summer and autumn, I have my bunker for winter with wrap, although the wrap does sound better than a front 

You'll be surprised how dark it gets with the Wrap on, also is alot easier with a wrap, I hardly used my front to be honest.

Just been to local Fishing Republic....for a look 🙄🙄, wasn't expecting much to be honest.

2x Trakker Storm Poles & Korda Spod/Marker Braid.....had a look at all the available Braids instore....the Korda came out best with the most reviews and best comparisons.

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

This finally arrived this morning had a bit of hassle getting it with a few issues from the ebay seller but after a couple of weeks I got it a rand spanking new sonik axs shelter for £95, well impressed with the erection time and even without pegs or storm poles it seems pretty sturdy IMG_20230515_085452.thumb.jpg.ea9773806682e038e6e8aba05247a6ab.jpg

When I used my Tempest for the 1st time I forgot to peg it out didn’t realise till I packed up, the axs looks similar.  👍

1 minute ago, B B said:

When I used my Tempest for the 1st time I forgot to peg it out didn’t realise till I packed up, the axs looks similar.  👍

There both very similar setups (to me) I like how the Tempest also hooks to the groundsheet aswell as pegging it out.

If Sonik did an Extension, I wouldn't have changed.

Also the AXS has a flatter back than the Tempest.

But I thinknthe Tempest (to me again) has the better built quality. 

But both as good as each other.

3 minutes ago, B B said:

Hopefully I won't do that lol I may only use a few though, I am glad I kept the magnetic storm poles now too off my brolly that will make it even quicker to put up, it's a little taller than the tempest too at 137mm tall which will be good for my back. 

2 minutes ago, Highy said:

There both very similar setups (to me) I like how the Tempest also hooks to the groundsheet aswell as pegging it out.

If Sonik did an Extension, I wouldn't have changed.

Also the AXS has a flatter back than the Tempest.

But I thinknthe Tempest (to me again) has the better built quality. 

But both as good as each other.

That plastic spreader block on the axs doesn't seem that solid tbh, could break quite easily I think but like most things if it can be broken I am sure I am the man to break it  😂

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

Hopefully I won't do that lol I may only use a few though, I am glad I kept the magnetic storm poles now too off my brolly that will make it even quicker to put up, it's a little taller than the tempest too at 137mm tall which will be good for my back. 

That plastic spreader block on the axs doesn't seem that solid tbh, could break quite easily I think but like most things if it can be broken I am sure I am the man to break it  😂

My Tempest 100T is 1500mm, a Tad higher than the AXS, but good to watch the water from....

The Plastic Speader dis crack once on me, Sonik replaced F.O.C.

Just need to push slightly down in the Hub when putting the 2 front poles in.

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

This finally arrived this morning had a bit of hassle getting it with a few issues from the ebay seller but after a couple of weeks I got it a rand spanking new sonik axs shelter for £95, well impressed with the erection time and even without pegs or storm poles it seems pretty sturdy IMG_20230515_085452.thumb.jpg.ea9773806682e038e6e8aba05247a6ab.jpg

I hope you don’t mind me saying Elmo but I’m concerned about your back door not the condition of it, but saying that it could do with a bit of TLC…just saying 😉 It’s the bottom panel of the door. I strengthened the other side of the panel of my door with half inch MDF after repairing a friend’s door similar to yous she had a break in what they did was kick in the panel as it’s quarter inch plywood..Fast forward a year and I noticed someone had a go at my door in the same spot but luckily the mdf saved the day. 

57 minutes ago, B B said:

I hope you don’t mind me saying Elmo but I’m concerned about your back door not the condition of it, but saying that it could do with a bit of TLC…just saying 😉 It’s the bottom panel of the door. I strengthened the other side of the panel of my door with half inch MDF after repairing a friend’s door similar to yous she had a break in what they did was kick in the panel as it’s quarter inch plywood..Fast forward a year and I noticed someone had a go at my door in the same spot but luckily the mdf saved the day. 

Good idea it does need some work really will get on it 👍

2 hours ago, B B said:

How much did the Lug cost ? 

£12 for 3 wraps 

1 hour ago, framey said:

odd number it’s always by the score here lol

I usually get them by the score, but I was only planning a few hours and I felt 30 would cover it! As it was, I had 10 left over… blanked! 

45 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

£12 for 3 wraps 

I usually get them by the score, but I was only planning a few hours and I felt 30 would cover it! As it was, I had 10 left over… blanked! 

I used to dig Rag and Lugworm in my teens for the sea anglers who fished the local foreshore for the big opens near me and would fish in the dock for small Pouting for Conger baits used to keep them alive in a bucket, I always cut the tail so they couldn’t weigh them in. Cant remember what I charged them tho …it was  50 odd years ago 😳

3 hours ago, B B said:

I used to dig Rag and Lugworm in my teens for the sea anglers who fished the local foreshore for the big opens near me and would fish in the dock for small Pouting for Conger baits used to keep them alive in a bucket, I always cut the tail so they couldn’t weigh them in. Cant remember what I charged them tho …it was  50 odd years ago 😳

I usually dig all my own bait, but I was unable to get to the beach due to work and fancied a dangle, so brought some wraps. They were well past their best, the crabs enjoyed them though… 

Nutting yet but will be topping up essential bits for da weekend, nothing major.

She has her big op next Friday so it could be eight weeks before I get out again.

Oh and kind of a purchase just won a civil case againt a major name in the finance world,  sneaky sods even their own legal team was beyond impressed by the case I put to them, they are really flapping it now as I can take them to the high court next already had an offer to settle.

Well I've had an expensive week 

Syndicate ticket 

And I've just done some Gardner fan boy purchasing

Attx deluxe receiver all green leds to match, the last one I ordered never arrived and had issues with the ebayer I ordered from. 

Gardner leather lock washers and some buzz bar spacers to make my set up all neat and smart, 

15lb Gt80+ (nearly went GTHD but I'm sticking with it as it sinks so well) 

Gardner baseball cap 

I also ordered some Oakley  prescription Polaroids and they should be arriving soon. 

I think I am going to be selling some bits soon lol 

I was just about to close my boot after emptying the car when I noticed a man about to throw this away. IMG_20230517_135522.thumb.jpg.66f205ae89a952be9f5511d9870887b1.jpg

Needless to say I asked if It worked and could I  have it and it's now in the back of my car, that's a pretty big coincidence isn't it? And I was made up with that stroke of luck

Edited by elmoputney