New purchases

B B

3 hours ago, Highy said:

Quick question guys....

Ink the saying "Buy cheap,Buy twice" but has anyone every bought the cheaper Spombs of the Bay of E ?

£12 for an actual Spomb or £10 for 3 off Internet "Buy 2 get 1 free"

I just don't like the Fox Spomb at all I'm using, and want a proper Spomb....the Fox 1 is brand new.

Yes they are pants. Get an x spod, opens every time 

Popped into a tackle shop to get some Maggots today and a couple of pole rigs .

taking my boy to my nearest commie tomorrow for a few hours .

I had to go to Romford to get em though 

My local tackle shop doesn’t sell Maggots , no demand for them apparently 🤦🏼‍♂️.

I think it’s disgusting that these snobby cliquey Carp shops are not giving normal coarse anglers , beginners in particular, the chance to fish for tiddlers and do their apprenticeship in the way most of us did .

No call for ‘em my arsenal ! 🤬

Oh and while I was in there I picked up some (gulp) Korda Ronnie booms , ESP braid versions of the same and a Korda naked Chod system set up .

The fella that’s been making my Combi and Multi Rigs for me has also just received my specs for some Spinner rigs too .

He’s very good which is just as well as my Arthritis would otherwise have me Whip fishing with Junior .

11 hours ago, newmarket said:

My local tackle shop doesn’t sell Maggots , no demand for them apparently 🤦🏼‍♂️.

I think it’s disgusting that these snobby cliquey Carp shops are not giving normal coarse anglers , beginners in particular, the chance to fish for tiddlers and do their apprenticeship in the way most of us did .

Oh and while I was in there I picked up some (gulp) Korda Ronnie booms , ESP braid versions of the same and a Korda naked Chod system set up .

The fella that’s been making my Combi and Multi Rigs for me has also just received my specs for some Spinner rigs too .

He’s very good which is just as well as my Arthritis would otherwise have me Whip fishing with Junior .

No call for maggs no way admittedly I don't use them due to not live baiting but even angling direct sell maggots.

14 hours ago, newmarket said:

i agree with you mate, i always get a pint of reds when i take my daughter out as she loves to sit there with a whip and lift out silvers all day, sometimes i will put a light pole rig on one of my rods and we run a competition. i started on course and switched to carp much later in life and remeber the old magit (maggot) vending machines near our local park

2 hours ago, Carpbell3 said:

No call for maggs no way admittedly I don't use them due to not live baiting but even angling direct sell maggots.

Really ? Cos I can’t find anything on their website ?

Besides mail order maggots ? He didn’t decide he wanted to go till yesterday 🙄

5 minutes ago, barry211 said:

i agree with you mate, i always get a pint of reds when i take my daughter out as she loves to sit there with a whip and lift out silvers all day, sometimes i will put a light pole rig on one of my rods and we run a competition. i started on course and switched to carp much later in life and remeber the old magit (maggot) vending machines near our local park

Teach proper mate , that’s what I say lol.

I haven’t got a problem with kids going straight into Carp fishing . I don’t agree with it as such but everyone to their own 

My beef is with tackle shops that don’t want their business unless they are spending hundreds of quid on shiny Korda and Nash gear . 
My boy will be mastering the basics before I even let him near a reel .

21 minutes ago, barry211 said:

13 minutes ago, newmarket said:

My boy will be mastering the basics before I even let him near a reel .

Exactly what I do pal, I go local Go Outdoors for my lads maggots £1 a pint...

1 rod on the silvers/perch....1 rod on carp setup....

There's 1 lake we've been every year and we have a "Rudd off".

46 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I don't know a shop that doesn't sell. Maggots round my way, I could go to any of my local shops and they would sell them, the little commercial lake near me sells them too, 

Angling Direct do sell them in store also. Probably not worth the aggro selling mail order. 

Ridiculous situation isn’t it Elmo ? 
Essex Angling in Grays Essex . 
They won’t get any of my business.

I always supported my local tackle shop wherever I’ve lived but unless I’m in a shops vicinity by chance I’ll be getting everything online in future.

On 30/04/2023 at 12:59, newmarket said:

Ridiculous situation isn’t it Elmo ? 
Essex Angling in Grays Essex . 
They won’t get any of my business.

I always supported my local tackle shop wherever I’ve lived but unless I’m in a shops vicinity by chance I’ll be getting everything online in future.

I guess they obviously have their reasons for it, might just be easier not too, maybe they lose money on them or something, dunno they've always been good on ebay though I've bought a few bits off them. 

I went to smiths toy superstore /ad yesterday and treated myself to a rainbow high doll and a ridgemonkey xl toaster (granite edition) 

26 minutes ago, B B said:

Keep it for spare parts ? 

3 hours ago, Highy said:

A mate gave me a spomb yesterday, but the tail has snapped, is there anyway of salvaging this....quick link or something?

Screenshot_20230502_083147_Gallery.thumb.jpg.d1a58d4952982053b75ee7c779f5d91c.jpg

Depends on what tubing and bits you have, but I think it can be repaired. 

A swivel onto the Spomb wire, maybe some high breaking strain pike trace wire crimped to it, or even the same type of wire as the Spomb stuff, then the same at the other end. If you use a large diameter shrink tube you can get the swivels inside. Put  a bit of foam inside on the wire and you won't need the Spomb float.

40 minutes ago, B B said:

7 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

A swivel onto the Spomb wire, maybe some high breaking strain pike trace wire crimped to it, or even the same type of wire as the Spomb stuff, then the same at the other end. If you use a large diameter shrink tube you can get the swivels inside. Put  a bit of foam inside on the wire and you won't need the Spomb float.

I've managed to sort of fix it...

I've taken the black bit off the spring, I've crimped some Trace wire through the spring, threaded on the black middle tail, onto of that a thick tail rubber, and crimped a swivel....then fully covered the lot with some tight silicone from the electricans doing some work next door 😁

The Float has been put back inside under the wires.

3 hours ago, Highy said:

A mate gave me a spomb yesterday, but the tail has snapped, is there anyway of salvaging this....quick link or something?

Screenshot_20230502_083147_Gallery.thumb.jpg.d1a58d4952982053b75ee7c779f5d91c.jpg

A Mate is also giving me another red spomb at work later....

1 hour ago, B B said:

31 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Screenshot_20230502_123237_Gallery.thumb.jpg.52966b3c92b46dacbf60cfa5ebe6ccd6.jpg

Screenshot_20230502_123249_Gallery.thumb.jpg.fac2298515a1a5d49f096daed73da8e7.jpg

1 hour ago, B B said:

Screenshot_20230502_123237_Gallery.thumb.jpg.52966b3c92b46dacbf60cfa5ebe6ccd6.jpg

Screenshot_20230502_123249_Gallery.thumb.jpg.fac2298515a1a5d49f096daed73da8e7.jpg

1 hour ago, B B said:

1 hour ago, B B said:

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I guess they obviously have their reasons for it, might just be easier not too, maybe they lose money on them or something, dunno they've always been good on ebay though I've bought a few bits off them. 

I went to smiths toy superstore /ad yesterday and treated myself to a rainbow high doll and a ridgemonkey xl toaster (granite edition) 

So will you be playing with your Rainbow High Doll , or are you collecting them , Elmo , like Beanie Babies ? .

😁