New purchases

B B

Another catapult something I seem to go through I got a fox one a few years back got the odd shape handle that is set forward not good on the wrist plus the elastic has snapped at the frame twice now so it's a short range these days.

Just got the fox powerpult with hand guard 

Also grabbed a fox PowerPoint bankstick as having three rods on a pod is annoying when one rod is close in.

16 hours ago, InteraX said:

A bottle of Goo (Orange)

A pot of RG Baits Vita-Lac Hookers

A packet of RidgeMonkey kickers

A packet of RidgeMonkey PVA bags (Large)

I've never tried Goo before, so it might be interesting to see what happens.

Loves a pot of gooed up pop ups/wafters. Also fake Baits soaking in Betalin Gold.

Screenshot_20210920_103537.thumb.jpg.113153437f08ee29bdf005c563562dd0.jpg

Screenshot_20220410_124140.thumb.jpg.5f2014bf7dd74269822b8686955a4d0c.jpg

IMG_20220322_094839.thumb.jpg.ec1f2bfb72216b5e2770e3049566ccf6.jpg

3 minutes ago, Carpbell3 said:

Another catapult something I seem to go through I got a fox one a few years back got the odd shape handle that is set forward not good on the wrist plus the elastic has snapped at the frame twice now so it's a short range these days.

Just got the fox powerpult with hand guard 

Also grabbed a fox PowerPoint bankstick as having three rods on a pod is annoying when one rod is close in.

I've only just recently started to re use the catapult, for under arm flick casts.

It's a forgotten tool I think in carp fishing. 

3 hours ago, Highy said:

I've only just recently started to re use the catapult, for under arm flick casts.

I use a Drennan match catty had it for donkey years, just renew the elastic when it degrades. Keeping it out of the sun helps it longevity. Perfect for floaters when you don’t want to much bait and single boilies on small waters. You can get a single boilies out a fair distance and accurately especially along a tree line. 

IMG_0392.jpeg

1 hour ago, B B said:

I use a Drennan match catty had it for donkey years, just renew the elastic when it degrades. Keeping it out of the sun helps it longevity. Perfect for floaters when you don’t want to much bait and single boilies on small waters. You can get a single boilies out a fair distance and accurately especially along a tree line. 

IMG_0392.jpeg

I think that this proves one catapult or bait delivery system is not the answer to every problem.

I've got a Drennan Boiliepult and a Rod Hutchinson Boilie Catapult, both have had the pouch changed to a smaller one, which I can get 4 15mm or 3 18mm boilies in at a push, or a small handful of floating dog biscuits.

The Boiliepult has been my goto for years, maximum range about 50-60metres, for 3 boilies, a little further for singles. I reckon I tend to use it more for floaters than boilies! Only problem is elastics are getting harder to get.

The RH one I bought around 4months ago I guess (maybe a little longer) has had limited use so far.

I do find that I use my throwing stick more for boilies, putting 5 or 6 in at a time to get a decent spread at that 50-60metres, or single 18mm boilies to 100metres.

I've been Spombing boilies out recently when I want to keep them tight. As good as I am with the catty and stick, wind veer, mishapes or splitting baits (with the stick) or seagulls mean baiting can go awry.

18 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I think that this proves one catapult or bait delivery system is not the answer to every problem.

I've got a Drennan Boiliepult and a Rod Hutchinson Boilie Catapult, both have had the pouch changed to a smaller one, which I can get 4 15mm or 3 18mm boilies in at a push, or a small handful of floating dog biscuits.

The Boiliepult has been my goto for years, maximum range about 50-60metres, for 3 boilies, a little further for singles. I reckon I tend to use it more for floaters than boilies! Only problem is elastics are getting harder to get.

The RH one I bought around 4months ago I guess (maybe a little longer) has had limited use so far.

I do find that I use my throwing stick more for boilies, putting 5 or 6 in at a time to get a decent spread at that 50-60metres, or single 18mm boilies to 100metres.

I've been Spombing boilies out recently when I want to keep them tight. As good as I am with the catty and stick, wind veer, mishapes or splitting baits (with the stick) or seagulls mean baiting can go awry.

Past few sessions and hopefully today, I've been fishing my left rod to an under arm margin, the 1st over hang tree on left, right rod to 10 wraps towards the growing bull rushes. Catty and Spod have both been in use, I think its the ping/trickle of a catty that draws em in, instead of a rain of a scoop (close in).

Screenshot_20230420_172239_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6cc6f073b65b2e99dafb15fd43b24f28.jpg

Hopefully be same spot today after work 🤞🙏🤞🙏

5 hours ago, B B said:

IMG_0392.jpeg

Mine is a Guru, dunno what model, but is good for Pellets....

Screenshot_20230425_152805_Gallery.thumb.jpg.508861bbaa5a6908d17ca5da88f843a4.jpg

9 hours ago, Highy said:

Loves a pot of gooed up pop ups/wafters. Also fake Baits soaking in Betalin Gold.

Screenshot_20210920_103537.thumb.jpg.113153437f08ee29bdf005c563562dd0.jpg

Screenshot_20220410_124140.thumb.jpg.5f2014bf7dd74269822b8686955a4d0c.jpg

IMG_20220322_094839.thumb.jpg.ec1f2bfb72216b5e2770e3049566ccf6.jpg

Strewth ! , you put so much effort into your fishing , Highy , makes me tired just looking at the 'photos of your completed jobs .

I guess those Wigan Kebabs are even more potent than a diet of Red Bull ? .

😁

2 minutes ago, crusian said:

Strewth ! , you put so much effort into your fishing , Highy , makes me tired just looking at the 'photos of your completed jobs .

I guess those Wigan Kebabs are even more potent than a diet of Red Bull ? .

😁

There doing the business so far, just had 1, only about 7/8lb...

7 hours ago, B B said:

IMG_0392.jpeg

That's the catapult I use BB .

My favourite catapult is a Reddicat where the elastic is threaded through the actual frame , but I can't get the replacement elastics anymore ; I'm keeping the frame just in case 🤞.

27 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

Another 9'3" Sharpe's  salmon spinning rod... these make great carp/barbel rods and I got it for a song... very powerful and resin impregnated... in great condition too

IMG-20230426-WA0006.jpeg

IMG-20230426-WA0004.jpeg

I think that's my rod , Blue .

I've lost the little wood stopper 😢 , I've put it somewhere " safe " 🙄 .

I can't say that I use my rod much , if at all , just take it out of its cloth bag and look lovingly at it .

😃

27 minutes ago, crusian said:

I think that's my rod , Blue .

I've lost the little wood stopper 😢 , I've put it somewhere " safe " 🙄 .

I can't say that I use my rod much , if at all , just take it out of its cloth bag and look lovingly at it .

😃

That makes 4 now... plus my 8 foot Sharpe too... cracking rods, powerful too

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

You're lucky I am still waiting for the avid d rig spinner kickers i ordered ages ago, apparently they've been resent now, I also have to return my new attx deluxe receiver, because they sent me the non deluxe one, fooming lol 

2nd time this has been sent, in 2 weeks.

Not like I'm gonna need it this month, May is a write off for me, unless I'm lucky and get a day session in on a Sunday (maybe 21st).

Mate on a 48hr now who i usually go with.

Quick question guys....

Ink the saying "Buy cheap,Buy twice" but has anyone every bought the cheaper Spombs of the Bay of E ?

£12 for an actual Spomb or £10 for 3 off Internet "Buy 2 get 1 free"

I just don't like the Fox Spomb at all I'm using, and want a proper Spomb....the Fox 1 is brand new.