New purchases

B B

22 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Yeah I have loads of bait too I'm going to do some pre baiting to get rid of it I think, two bins and a load of buckets seems excessive 😂

Think I'll start introducing the pellets with the spod mix from next time I'm out...or even a few pellet only sessions.

9 hours ago, dalej2014 said:

Ijust ordered some pellets, stim liquid, paste, wafters and so on from the new BAD Aquastim partner site. They were doing an Easter sale, so rude not to ;) Pics to follow once order arrives...

I hope you went for the black magic ones, they are very good, i did wonder why Baf had stopped doing smaller amounts of stuff, I might get some bits at some point 

22 hours ago, elmoputney said:

What did you win? 

20230411_113709.thumb.jpg.284fa6fdafdb52a566cdde38b26f4025.jpg

Just arrived 🤣🤣....they'll do the job I suppose.

Also tried 1 of the PVA bags I bought....Rod Hutchinson Medium Extra Fill (didn't realise)...

Screenshot_20230411_133344_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c96fd9ae77b1d29f83b905cfb9b13afb.jpg

Ran the tap to as cold as possible, put a hand full of pebbles out the garden, lick n twist....must have only been about 10/15seconds, all melted.

Also had a look at my 12mm pop ups to put in a bag, might trim em.down before going in the bag to jusssst slowly settle between a pop up and wafter.

On 10/04/2023 at 14:45, elmoputney said:

Had to take the kids to smyths toy superstore today, just so happens there was an angling direct round the corner, 

I bought some korda basix scissors, Sticky bloodworm pellets, cc Moore mini ultramix pellets, some advanta tiger nuts, fox tadpoles and some ridgemonkey anti tangle sleeves. 

Earlier today I bought some avid D rig spinner kickers because I saw them on fb they look mint, 

I didn't just buy loads of stuff I didn't really need lol 

And I've got my DIY deeper WiFi booster up and running now, just need to finish the case test it works properly and I'll do a thread on it, 

So what you are saying , Elmo , is there was no money left for toys ? .

🙄

Well it's my getting older day today and I got the best gift possible, fishing tackle shop vouchers 😍 

I've taken the kids to inflatabounce and luckily for me the tackle shop is just over the road. 

I treated myself to a Gardner GTN landing net, and some particles for tomorrow. Still came out with change too nice, I was concerned I didn't manage to spend it all but it means I can try again another day 😂

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Well it's my getting older day today and I got the best gift possible, fishing tackle shop vouchers 😍 

I've taken the kids to inflatabounce and luckily for me the tackle shop is just over the road. 

I treated myself to a Gardner GTN landing net, and some particles for tomorrow. Still came out with change too nice, I was concerned I didn't manage to spend it all but it means I can try again another day 😂

Happy birthday fella. Have a good 'un! Hope you catch a big girl tomorrow to mark the occasion ;)

2 hours ago, dalej2014 said:

Happy birthday fella. Have a good 'un! Hope you catch a big girl tomorrow to mark the occasion ;)

Thanks went to another shop and bought some more goodies to celebrate, got some innovate baits match the hatch pop ups and glugs x2 reaper nut mix and the fix, Hemp oil, multi rig tool some small Pva bags and another bucket 😂

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Happy birthday Elmo…

It’s seems when ever you take the kids out you happen to come across a tackle shop was this a coincidence or a very cunning plan 🤔

2 hours ago, B B said:

Happy birthday Elmo…

It’s seems when ever you take the kids out you happen to come across a tackle shop was this a coincidence or a very cunning plan 🤔

Thanks

I didn't choose to put a bouncy castle fun place near the fishing shop or an angling direct near the toy shop, it's just a coincidence, one has opened near my mum too and there is another one near work, I guess you could say I'm just lucky or they are trying to make me spend all my money in them and putting them in convenient locations to get me  😬 

7 hours ago, Carpbell3 said:

Dare I go and get the line I need to re do my reels planing on getting out this coming week at some point hospital visits dependent. Will go get the line anyhow as they need doing get one of gardeners lines again the HD has been good but if they have the hydrotuff in I will get that.

If you like hydrotuff, gt80+ is also a good alternative Ive been getting on fine with that for a while now. I've not used gthd before so can't compare it to that though, but Gardner line is usually decent 

I've actually bought an attx deluxe receiver today, I have the non deluxe  one but I got fed up with the double beep first everytime. Scares the poop out of me. I also liked the fact I could change tones for each alarm 🤔

Non fishing purchases I've bought an air fryer 😂

3 hours ago, InteraX said:

I mustn't go to tackle shop opening days.

Daiwa Crosscast Ext 3.5

Daiwa IS Ext sleeve x 2

Ridgemonkey connect standard granite (for the Mrs)

2 packs of hooks

Captive backlead.

Free goody bag

At least you got a free goody bag 😂

I have some 12ft crosscasts 3.25lb I think they are great rods tbh, 👍

On 19/04/2023 at 11:32, elmoputney said:

I managed to bend my old distance sticks last week, so I bought some NGT DELUXE ones for £12 have to say they are pretty good for the price seem solid aluminium have cnc cut bits in them, slimline (standard pencil thickness) not a bad set of sticks for the money. 

16819003751684467092826898568113.thumb.jpg.f4ddb7668e28f425c23d4575c66bffa7.jpg

16819002879941446883067561198805.jpg

Their thin, do the grooves help a lot ?

Oops!

Got a load of back paid ESA this week, so ended up getting a load more bait, Rod Hutchinson Infusion, Monster Crab and KMG, and although the Fox Warrior landing net is still good, I bought myself the RH Sceptre one piece landing net as I do like the idea of having 2...

2 hours ago, B B said:

Their thin, do the grooves help a lot ?

Dunno I haven't tried them yet but my thinking is that it will just reduce those annoying wraps where it seems to slip off the stick and have to stop and go back round,but by the time you've got there you have lost your train of thought and how many you were on so you have to start again 🤯

14 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Dunno I haven't tried them yet but my thinking is that it will just reduce those annoying wraps where it seems to slip off the stick and have to stop and go back round,but by the time you've got there you have lost your train of thought and how many you were on so you have to start again 🤯

Iv got the Avid lime sticks with the curve tops 

I hate it when you take ages to fine a good spot after removing a ton of weed from the lake then realise you forgot to clip up 😏