Fabsil time

42 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

1682773820918757207272790931713.thumb.jpg.4ef377b19cba47c68f74bb4818998e73.jpg

Scrap that I've just managed to kill it 8 think, it just sort of collapsed and it appears that the metal holding the spines has snapped and given way? 

Anyone know if this is repairable? I do like the look of the new esp lo pro 😳

Yes you can repair it. Its fiddly, 2 or 3mm wire. You'll need to get it through the spoke ends, pull it very tight and twist the ends together, then cut the surplus off the twisted section.

33 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Yes you can repair it. Its fiddly, 2 or 3mm wire. You'll need to get it through the spoke ends, pull it very tight and twist the ends together, then cut the surplus off the twisted section.

Thanks nick

I had a look on you tube at what was required and thought that looks fiddly😂

I weighed up the pros and cons, it's an old brolly that cost me £40 second hand, I've done a fair few nights in it, I think I've had my moneys worth. I am having a tidy up/clear out now I have fixed my cyprinus bunker that will do for now, it isn't a brolly though, and it isn't that quick to put up speed was king with a brolly 😭

14 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Thanks nick

I had a look on you tube at what was required and thought that looks fiddly😂

I weighed up the pros and cons, it's an old brolly that cost me £40 second hand, I've done a fair few nights in it, I think I've had my moneys worth. I am having a tidy up/clear out now I have fixed my cyprinus bunker that will do for now, it isn't a brolly though, and it isn't that quick to put up speed was king with a brolly 😭

Trkker tempest or Sonik Axs will be next???..

Here is my brolly that I bought in 2014. This photo was taken last year and I'd proofed it the previous year. Wash all the mud off with a hosepipe but don't use any soap. I think I used a rag to wipe off any sticky stuff. Allow to dry and then proof. I poured the Fabsil into a (clean) old margarine tub and rubbed it in with a cloth but you can use a brush. After the session, a flick of the brolly removed all the droplets.

On another Carp Site, one bloke rants that you don't need to do it but I prefer to put my stuff away dry if possible. My brolly wasn't leaking before but was heavy with the wetness and it took an age to dry in my garage at home. I'll keep on proofing when I think it is necessary.

Brolly after Fabsil.jpg

7 hours ago, elmoputney said:

1682773820918757207272790931713.thumb.jpg.4ef377b19cba47c68f74bb4818998e73.jpg

Scrap that I've just managed to kill it 8 think, it just sort of collapsed and it appears that the metal holding the spines has snapped and given way? 

Anyone know if this is repairable? I do like the look of the new esp lo pro 😳

I used garden wire the sort you use to tie back climbers but it wasn’t up to the job, then I got hold of a cheap nasty wire coat hanger sniped a piece off and used long nose pliers done the job perfectly lasted years 

16828498032712401055545273222628.thumb.jpg.120f40cafcecfd74f76ec48711f6d510.jpg

14 hours ago, B B said:

I used garden wire the sort you use to tie back climbers but it wasn’t up to the job, then I got hold of a cheap nasty wire coat hanger sniped a piece off and used long nose pliers done the job perfectly lasted years 

I've killed it now, I don't think i have the patients lol, I'm using the opportunity to clear out the garage and sell off some bits and bobs and do a tip run, I've taken all the good bits off it like the magnetic storm poles and taken the bag for my bivvy as its better etc, and I have a virtually unused front for it which they don't come with now so I shall try and flog that. 

I took my old broken bedchair out the bedchair bag  and I now have a barrow bag by the end of today I am hoping to be more  organised and have some toot on ebay and have done a tip run 😂

Tip run so far⤵️ I've now got spare bedchair legs for my chair and feet to spruce up my old jrc cocoon that the kids sometimes use, it feels like a result somehow 

57 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I've killed it now, I don't think i have the patients lol, I'm using the opportunity to clear out the garage and sell off some bits and bobs and do a tip run, I've taken all the good bits off it like the magnetic storm poles and taken the bag for my bivvy as its better etc, and I have a virtually unused front for it which they don't come with now so I shall try and flog that. 

I took my old broken bedchair out the bedchair bag  and I now have a barrow bag by the end of today I am hoping to be more  organised and have some toot on ebay and have done a tip run 😂

Tip run so far⤵️ I've now got spare bedchair legs for my chair and feet to spruce up my old jrc cocoon that the kids sometimes use, it feels like a result somehow 

I'd be well tinkering about with all this, saving the bungees n that......a mates mother would use the material from.under the bed and she can make gas cannister & alarm covers.

22 minutes ago, Highy said:

I'd be well tinkering about with all this, saving the bungees n that......a mates mother would use the material from.under the bed and she can make gas cannister & alarm covers.

A friend new to fishing bought a second hand bedchair and was complaining about had it sags and was giving him a bad back he was saving up for a new one. I had a look at it pulled the elastic then snipped off about a foot redone the knot resulting in a firmer bed and no more bad back for him. 

4 minutes ago, B B said:

A friend new to fishing bought a second hand bedchair and was complaining about had it sags and was giving him a bad back he was saving up for a new one. I had a look at it pulled the elastic then snipped off about a foot redone the knot resulting in a firmer bed and no more bad back for him. 

Exactly same, I did that n comfier than mi own bed.

6 minutes ago, B B said:

If anyone needs to replace all the elastic which I had to I got it in B&Q can’t remember if they sell it by the foot or a meter … Elmo got a bit going spare tho. 

Oh you pair now I am going to have to save it and do something with it aren't I lol, might see if I can get a dog bed or pillow case made out of it my mum is pretty handy like that 😂

On 29/04/2023 at 21:45, B B said:

used garden wire the sort you use to tie back climbers but it wasn’t up to the job, then I got hold of a cheap nasty wire coat hanger sniped a piece off and used long nose pliers done the job perfectly lasted years 

19 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Oh I don't know, put a repaired brolly in a charity shop, or donate it to a fishing charity. Much rather that than ending up in landfill.

I had to search for a specific garden wire, think that was a B&Q trip to search for the right stuff.

Years ago when unhooking mats started coming into 'fashion', and nothing commercial was available I converted a baby changing mat into an unhooking mat, covering it with  old parachute material. The padded foam outside shoulder was better than the polypops used in the beanbag style. 

18 hours ago, B B said:
18 hours ago, Highy said:

A friend new to fishing bought a second hand bedchair and was complaining about had it sags and was giving him a bad back he was saving up for a new one. I had a look at it pulled the elastic then snipped off about a foot redone the knot resulting in a firmer bed and no more bad back for him

A length of rope or paracord can be better than the elastic which I found could break inside the outer sheath.