April catch reports

ouchthathurt

I suppose I might as well admit to catching from the syndicate lake.

I'm not normally worried about ounces, but this time I kept a close eye as we have been going with a regular stocking policy, and was stocked in December 2021 at 16lb. Its now 23.12

Multi-rig with a 3oz running lead again.

The buzzer woke me up, but my first thoughts were not polite as I saw a pair of tufties scooting away, followed by 'that's not a tufty'.

20230414_071854.jpg

20230414_071822.jpg

On 14/04/2023 at 10:56, dalej2014 said:

Nice catch @salokcinnodrog! Love that second pic. Looks like Sky and the carp are having a face off!

She's sulking, had to wait for her breakfast as I didn't feed her until I'd got another syndicate member to come to do pics and got it back.

Little meshed double pop-up bait on a size 6 and multi-rig doing the business over birdseed and Vitalin. The hook balanced the bait nicely, so it was actually critically balanced.

Well , had 4 days planned at churn pool with 3 other mates arrived Monday feeling fine , but by Monday night was feeling like death warmed up sickness/ shivering/ aching all over.  So had to reel the rods in & they didn't go back out. back home now in bed wondering what a good session it could of been as I did manage to catch before the sickness kicked in . Managed to brake my run of blanks which I'm happy about , but I know it could of been a blinder ,just my luck at the moment it seems 🙈

2 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Well , had 4 days planned at churn pool with 3 other mates arrived Monday feeling fine , but by Monday night was feeling like death warmed up sickness/ shivering/ aching all over.  So had to reel the rods in & they didn't go back out. back home now in bed wondering what a good session it could of been as I did manage to catch before the sickness kicked in . Managed to brake my run of blanks which I'm happy about , but I know it could of been a blinder ,just my luck at the moment it seems 🙈

Well done for catching hope you feel better soon, my run of blanks is really notching itself up, I haven't caught a fish since I went to France last year I don't think. Still I'm building up to the next one lol. 

15 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Well done for catching hope you feel better soon, my run of blanks is really notching itself up, I haven't caught a fish since I went to France last year I don't think. Still I'm building up to the next one lol. 

*In Gandalf's voice -  "A good angler never blanks, he just runs out of time in the session..." Better luck soon bud.

Edited by dalej2014

18 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Thanks mate ... turns out to be covid,  first time I've caught it .

These were my captures before I got ill 🤒 

30lb 12 oz on a 10ft zig 

20230417_160744.thumb.jpg.9ebb7bdf7fb60371bfbda978ad0d2191.jpg

44 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Thanks mate ... turns out to be covid,  first time I've caught it .

These were my captures before I got ill 🤒 

30lb 12 oz on a 10ft zig 

20230417_160744.thumb.jpg.9ebb7bdf7fb60371bfbda978ad0d2191.jpg

I probably couldn't even catch that at the moment. I found it quite harsh for a few days though it can knock you about, good effort catching those though that's a good session right there tbh. 

Alright strangers. Not been on here properly for a while as I've been putting 110% into a new job for the last 6 months, not to mention my daughter who just turned 1 year old. This week I managed to get on the bank for just the 2nd time since last August (!). Had a good'n that I thought you'd like!

20230418_101124.thumb.jpg.a361fec0548f2ccaace8c3d828f869e8.jpg

30 minutes ago, yonny said:

Alright strangers. Not been on here properly for a while as I've been putting 110% into a new job for the last 6 months, not to mention my daughter who just turned 1 year old. This week I managed to get on the bank for just the 2nd time since last August (!). Had a good'n that I thought you'd like!

20230418_101124.thumb.jpg.a361fec0548f2ccaace8c3d828f869e8.jpg

Good to see you back that is a belter. Hope your all doing well, you're certainly making having no time work for you 👍

1 minute ago, Highy said:

Better picture....frommother day.

IMG-20230422-WA0000.thumb.jpg.0cd3faaafb9cccd1ea3b158180b8d56e.jpg

It's great to see your smiling face , Highy , but please put some suncream on .

I have blue eyes and pale skin , and now I'm in my 60s a lifetime of outdoors work / fishing has caught up on me , and I've had some skin cancer ( luckily non spreadable ) cut out of my face .

😃