The Carp Gods

Golden Paws

I had not long started fishing a while back after a day at work and a chap walked past pushing his barrow and asked how I was getting on. I'd only been there about an hour so had nothing to report. He didn't seem in a hurry to set up and we had a good long chat and he asked if he could fish the next swim down as it was available and he had caught a few in there the last time he was down. Obviously I had no objection and he pushed his barrow down to the swim and came back to continue chatting. He seemed like a  really nice bloke but was a bit full of "the carp gods" and seemed to be looking up for inspiration. After about 15 minutes he went to his swim which was partially hidden from mine by bushes but I spotted him kneel to the ground and pray after he'd cast out his 3rd rod which I thought was a bit funny.

A couple of times during the night he came up and asked me to photograph some fish for him, although my rods remained motionless.

The following morning after bite time had ended, he came up and asked if I would mind his rods as he was in desperate need of a trip to the port-a-loo and he handed me his receiver as he didn't want to reel in and cause a disturbance when he came back. I took a quick trip to his swim when he was gone and it all became clear when I looked at his bobbins.

Do you think divine intervention had anything to do with his success or was I just in the wrong swim?

Crucifix-Bobbins.jpg

I was fishing a club sea competition that went through the night till the following midday, was a lovely warm summers evening night with a slight onshore breeze no clouds almost a full moon. I looked up and saw a shooting star told my mate and he said to make a wish, I want a bass I shouted over…5 minutes later I seen another shooting star told my mate, go on then best make a wish then he said , I would like the Bass to be a double with my fingers crossed… just as the sun was almost rising I had my wish come true. 

I'm well running late I'm trying for next weekend few issues to resolve depending.

Got my freezer well packed and the motor is a carp chariot thinking about putting a set of 20 inch wides on her get some extra lift the bolt pattern is fairly standard so plenty to chose from.

She has a few hospital visits this week so I'm thinking Friday to Sunday at Ecton still early to be fair for river feed lakes but they are up and about the frogs will be spawning plus my plum tree is covered in blossom its deffo that time.

Mysterious ways, I prefer the sedona it was only ment to be a stop gap looks like a massive scooby with the air intake.

20230326_094543.jpg

They laugh at me it would appear, 

I had another blank today, but I did have a funny incident 😂

It all started at 3am when I thought I had a bite bobbin went right up to the alarm and didn't drop, lifted Into nothing, as it was foggy and dark I thought I would send out the QE2 with some bait and my rig, put in quite a few freebies, then didn't get a drop, I sat there for a bit in the cold (with hot water bottle) but it bugged me so I rewrapped the marker rod and I had sent it out a rod length top short, reeled it in fine no debris on it, redid it with the correct distance, and got a drop when I released the bait dump, left it quite happy,

when I bought it in at home time it was stuck on an almighty snag, 8 had my phone in my hoody pocket which fell into the edge, stuck my rod down to rescue it only to see my rod getting pulled Into the water under the tension of the line 😂

Managed to catch it with my other rod but couldn't get it back as I had too much tension on it, had to go in a bit and recatch it luckily after filling my wellies I grabbed the handle and got it back in, then all I had to do was try and free it, luckily I had used a 20lb outline leader and it must have cut because I got all my line back bar the rig which I am guessing it stuck in a snag still. And my phone is in a bed of rice(I recently broke my new phone after 6 days and one small drop)  Happy days 

Carp God's suck