2023 social- who's up for it??

1 hour ago, dalej2014 said:

Did you post a poll yet? Always seems to get  people clicking?

But you know what, if push comes to shove I'll come and do a 48 with ya anyway! 🎣😉

I wouldn't know how to do a pole on here mate.

I kind of thought the guys that showed interest would've posted here really???

OK, can't find the poll on here either, so here's the list, with postcodes and prices, based on 10 anglers, and 48 hours. |Orchid lakes website is down, and it appears for sale/shut?)

Proposed dates are Friday 15th to Saturday 16th September. (or 16th to 17th?)

If there's any I've missed do comment. Hope this is OK, @commonly

Couple more venues nearer me that may be available well the top one is at present I did enquire about the other to check, both available exclusively, Bedfordshire and cambs, just thought i would put them out there incase we struggled to get any others 

https://www.tedwhitemanwaters.co.uk

https://www.ashmire.co.uk/ 

25 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Couple more venues nearer me that may be available well the top one is at present I did enquire about the other to check, both available exclusively, Bedfordshire and cambs, just thought i would put them out there incase we struggled to get any others 

https://www.tedwhitemanwaters.co.uk

https://www.ashmire.co.uk/ 

Both of those under 90 mins from me. It's awful quiet from anyone else though!?

9 minutes ago, dalej2014 said:

It's awful quiet from anyone else though!?

Yep.

I was told this is why no one bothers???

Good suggestions Elmo.

Again, I've been told (when i tried in 2019) getting people to koff up money to book venues like these is difficult. & the extra money would need to be made up the guys that are committed 😒

Which won't be an issue at Horseshoe, you join, turn up, pay & play from what I believe. 

I was booked onto a lake before lockdown exclusive hire affair 

6 people maximum can book the lake

supposed to be 5 of us on for the weekend 

We got let down last minute so the remaining 4 had to stump up another £30 each

all scrambling around the cash point to get the extra money in a one horse town 

no fun lol

What about looking at a lake where you can either book exclusive or book pegs? That way people that turn up are guaranteed a fish, without having to cough up for no shows.

Could always have a chat with the venue first, probably not the first time they'd have seen this scenario.

On the subject of venues, Fenlands worth a look too - http://www.fenlandfisheries.com/

2 hours ago, commonly said:

Yep.

I was told this is why no one bothers???

Good suggestions Elmo.

Again, I've been told (when i tried in 2019) getting people to koff up money to book venues like these is difficult. & the extra money would need to be made up the guys that are committed 😒

Which won't be an issue at Horseshoe, you join, turn up, pay & play from what I believe. 

Yeah my only concern with horseshoe would be what if we turned up and it's rammed and we're all just camping,  I know what you mean though, exclusives might be hassle if people back out, I don't mind driving I just wouldn't mind knowing I've got a swim when I get there if that makes sense 

44 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Yeah my only concern with horseshoe would be what if we turned up and it's rammed and we're all just camping,  I know what you mean though, exclusives might be hassle if people back out, I don't mind driving I just wouldn't mind knowing I've got a swim when I get there if that makes sense 

I understand totally and this has taken a while.

A friend on the forum is in with the management at carp society. I believe we could get a a certain area to ourselves. Rough numbers would be good, looks like around 8-10. To be clear, I have not joined yet or fished there, other members gave me the steer in 2019.

Exclusive lake bookings require money up front & you know my concerns there.

Day ticket waters are very hit & miss. Likely we wouldn't get to have much of a social,  unless you consider one of the Brasenose waters at Linear, or something similar. 

My resi syndi may do something. They have a few matches. It's near 300 acres ATM, so guaranteed a swim.🤣 Kent is not very central though.

16 hours ago, commonly said:

I understand totally and this has taken a while.

A friend on the forum is in with the management at carp society. I believe we could get a a certain area to ourselves. Rough numbers would be good, looks like around 8-10. To be clear, I have not joined yet or fished there, other members gave me the steer in 2019.

Exclusive lake bookings require money up front & you know my concerns there.

Day ticket waters are very hit & miss. Likely we wouldn't get to have much of a social,  unless you consider one of the Brasenose waters at Linear, or something similar. 

My resi syndi may do something. They have a few matches. It's near 300 acres ATM, so guaranteed a swim.🤣 Kent is not very central though.

Just does depend who and where now doesn't it really I think the longer we leave it the tougher it will get though to find somewhere. 

So I guess wait a week or two see who is still interested and go from there? 

Having arranged socials before on here a few times in the past .... its certainly proving difficult for you commonly. When I first joined this forum if you didn't get your name down you missed out ! & were members on a back up list for any drop outs !  Can honestly say I have made mates for life off this forum & still fish with them now every year on socials .

Obviously I don't visit that much these days but thats only down to a lack of fishing time  the past few years . All you regular posters should jump at this chance to meet up & have a fish... Good chance your make new friends for life .

I'm certainly up for it ;-)

39 minutes ago, dalej2014 said:

This one? https://www.ashmire.co.uk/ 

Works for me. Only 90 mins away! Mind you there's not been many replies lately - was it something I said? lol

That's the one it's a lovely lake, just up from the syndicate i fish, lovely and peaceful, 

@kevtaylorif booking exclusive it's dog friendly too 

24 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Looks good for a social.... get it booked before the dates go i say 👍

The rules are a little strange but nothing that would hinder the way I like to fish .

Happy to PayPal the person doing the booking before hand , just let me know 😎

All Sept was free other than the 15th and 16th,  😳

6 or more for the exclusive £25pppn so we'd be looking at £300ish for a 2 night exclusive 

26 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

All Sept was free other than the 15th and 16th,  😳

6 or more for the exclusive £25pppn so we'd be looking at £300ish for a 2 night exclusive 

Sounds good to me ... fairly flexible with dates in September at the moment so happy to go along with what suits the majority.  

How many are looking at coming at the moment? 

& are we up for more than two nights say 3 ?