2023 social- who's up for it??

Not fished Horseshoe since the last social there .... not the most social of venues due to the size , so would probably recommend doing more than 2 nights . Give us a chance for a good Chinwag & a hopefully a bite . 

Always been pretty weedy & I can't see why that would of changed , so bare that in mind also .... finding presentable spots can take time , which would also point to a longer session ? 

Been quite a bit of change since I was last fishing there .... in regards to snag removal which has changed certain areas,  so will be good to go back for a session 👍

59 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Not fished Horseshoe since the last social there .... not the most social of venues due to the size , so would probably recommend doing more than 2 nights . Give us a chance for a good Chinwag & a hopefully a bite . 

Always been pretty weedy & I can't see why that would of changed , so bare that in mind also .... finding presentable spots can take time , which would also point to a longer session ? 

Been quite a bit of change since I was last fishing there .... in regards to snag removal which has changed certain areas,  so will be good to go back for a session 👍

I had a year on the “Shoe” as my mate called the lake…  Clear areas ? We did struggle to find them if I couldn’t I fished the margins to my left and right and had some success there 👍… including a 7lb ish male Tench which sadly I had on the carp rod. 

Evening gentlemen, 

Apart from BB & Chillfactor, I haven't heard anything from those that showed an interest.

Last time (2019)  it was clear getting people to pay up, turn up,the risk being conned etc. was a concern.

Having looked into how best to get members involved, pay the venue directly & have 10 or more guest in somewhere suitable, Horseshoe seems a good suitable venue? 

It would be nice to approach the venue to confirm dates & rough numbers.

So, please respond to the above, or we can be totally open to suggestions for another suitable venue?

Muchos Grassyarse!

I know I won’t be attending the social but if I can suggest Linear Oxfordshire if there’s a group booking they will reserve pegs on a bank for you so not to far apart, easy parking and a shop on site 
Also Orchid lakes, home to the 30’s as it’s called. stunning lake and they drop your gear off at the swims which are bookable 

I'm still in for anything i thought horseshoe sounded a bit big and scary lol but having watched a video you don't have to be able to chuck 150 to get a bite I'm a little more comfortable with it, I'm pretty used to weed so that doesn't worry me too much, does look like a place you need to get location right though and that could be tricky with a group of us~ but I'm up for the challenge 

8 minutes ago, dalej2014 said:

Have dates or venue been confirmed yet guys? Happy to travel to meet up 🎣😁

Not yet mate. Its proving quite tricky getting this tied up.

I'm trying.

Shall we say open to suggestions on dates and venue until Monday. Then try to get things confirmed????

20 minutes ago, commonly said:

Y not?

I’m self-employed and find I’m always chasing my tail,  I just can’t say no to a job 😏… got 2 holls booked up, my own syndicate which Iv neglected and my fishing buddy who’s under the knife on the 1st of march having heart surgery so when he’s back fit and wants to go I’m off…..

Steve if your reading this and I know you pop in now and then best of luck with your operation… and don’t worry mate if it goes all pear shape Il look after your mrs.  😉 

52 minutes ago, commonly said:

Not yet mate. Its proving quite tricky getting this tied up.

I'm trying.

Shall we say open to suggestions on dates and venue until Monday. Then try to get things confirmed????

It's always tricky trying to please lots of people. Best bet is make a decision that suits the majority and see how it pans out. You'll never please everyone.

Maybe post a poll on dates and venue? Most votes after a certain time wins. Seems like that would make it fair? Anyway, thanks for organising, and getting the ball rolling.

On 20/02/2023 at 08:19, commonly said:

https://www.thecarpsociety.com/shop/carp-society-memberships-/

£25 to join, not the membership cost you first see on the link previously posted

Happy to do 15th, 16th (and 17th?). £25 to join for the year and £30 a day (24 hrs at £1.25/hr) I make it. Up for that.

Bait, wait, bosh, get in! lol.

LMK if/when confirmed so I can book leave guys. Cheers.