February catch reports

Its-grim-up-north

9 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Well done mate, great result, I'm going tomorrow so hopefully they will be on the move there too, they will probably move away from my swim though 😂

Thanks mate, and good luck. Also don’t forgot your maggots. I reckon there’s a good chance I’d of blanked with out them. 
definitely a big edge this time of year.

19 minutes ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

Thanks mate, and good luck. Also don’t forgot your maggots. I reckon there’s a good chance I’d of blanked with out them. 
definitely a big edge this time of year.

Thanks, I was going with heavily glugged cloudy boilie crumb, Hemp and sweetcorn mix , if I still have time I might nip to the shop I want to secure a good swim though so getting there ASAP is my priority first 

Safe to say I’ve uncovered a cold weather hang out, when lapping the lake and almost falling in when standing on the withered bullrushes I’ve realised there must be a good 2 to 3 metres of covered secluded water underneath them. Definitely a safe warm spot the carp are gavering up in…. Two more falling to the maggot and corn loose feed combo, with a trimmed down yellow pop up and maggot topper as the hook bait.

36B3779B-D5DE-4C57-8D79-E7AF4F6BE94F.jpeg

F5D7589C-1B81-4154-A040-3E1014D25C17.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

Safe to say I’ve uncovered a cold weather hang out, when lapping the lake and almost falling in when standing on the withered bullrushes I’ve realised there must be a good 2 to 3 metres of covered secluded water underneath them. Definitely a safe warm spot the carp are gavering up in…. Two more falling to the maggot and corn loose feed combo, with a trimmed down yellow pop up and maggot topper as the hook bait.

36B3779B-D5DE-4C57-8D79-E7AF4F6BE94F.jpeg

F5D7589C-1B81-4154-A040-3E1014D25C17.jpeg

Great result smashing it up at the moment, long may it continue 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, bluelabel said:

Had this yesterday... a repeat capture form a year or so ago at a pound or so heavier... caught on a 12' Marco Test and Fred Crouch Aerial, 4lb mainline and 3lb hooklink, to a size 18 hook and double maggot... a mother of all fights, but it went back strongly...

20230221_140841.jpg

Got a bit of Koi going on there 

• 2 weeks later...