Equipment Questions

MonoFish

Hi All 

I want to start carp fishing, Currently living at Sydney. I made a research about the carp fishing and I see many European and American source. They are using equipments especially made for the carp fishing. When I am trying find them in Australia, I couldn't find any of them. 

I am going to order tackles from Ebay or amazon and make the boilers by myself. but I dont want to buy Rod and Reel online because there is a very high risk to get damaged product. So what are the available AU options for carp fishing rod and reel ? I have 150 $ for one set.  

On 11/01/2023 at 03:41, MonoFish said:

Hi All 

I want to start carp fishing, Currently living at Sydney. I made a research about the carp fishing and I see many European and American source. They are using equipments especially made for the carp fishing. When I am trying find them in Australia, I couldn't find any of them. 

I am going to order tackles from Ebay or amazon and make the boilers by myself. but I dont want to buy Rod and Reel online because there is a very high risk to get damaged product. So what are the available AU options for carp fishing rod and reel ? I have 150 $ for one set.  

Hello mate , I fear you may have to bite the bullet and buy from the uk .

this thread is old but the tackle firms suggested are mostly still thriving .

good luck fella 😉

On 11/01/2023 at 03:41, MonoFish said:

Hi All 

You could leave a comment asking on Fishing With Den latest vid on YouTube he’s a ex pat helpful guy

And a warm welcome to the forum 👍

1 hour ago, framey said:

I found this site 

https://www.ozfinchasers.com.au/product-category/fishing-rods/casting-rods/

I know I could manage with a set up from there so now depends on your budget

Hi Framey

Thank you for sending me that website. its suits my request. but I haven't seen anyone using those brands (Silstar, Eurostar, Oreel) I am going to make more research about those brands.

3 hours ago, newmarket said:

Hello mate , I fear you may have to bite the bullet and buy from the uk .

this thread is old but the tackle firms suggested are mostly still thriving .

good luck fella 😉

Hi Newmarket 

I am still searching UK options. As I mention above, I am afraid to get damaged Items. Also freight is very expensive. So best option for uk is ordering 3 sets. which means I need at least 600$ for order them. (I am looking Sonik Vaderx).

My fishing buddy uses silstar carp rods but they are an old model 

years ago they were quite common in the uk but they seem to not be pushed so much these days 

My father in law had a silstar trout rod that was usually the rod that come out of the bag.

I inherited (made sure)I got that one when he died as it’s a great rod.

thinking about it I can think of quite a number of silstar products used by someone I know over the years

I had a Silstar fly rod, and it was a budget rod without much character.  I think I have a Silstar 3lb carp rod too, but it's a bit of a barge pole and I had to glue the butt ring back in first time out - but it was cheap. You can probably find something usable for the time being from local used tackle until you get dedicated carp stuff. Lots of baitfeeder reels are used in sea fishing and used ones must pop up from time to time, and depending on how far you need to cast, a long rod might not be needed. I used garage sale stuff for years before getting real carp gear.  Good luck in your search!