Carp fishing venues North Wales/Chester/Ellesmere port

Evening all, so my boy got a set of carp rods and reels (Leeda rogue 9ft 2.75lb rods and shimano 6000 baitrunners) plus a set of fox mini microns, landing net, line, terminal tackle, candy nut crunch readymades etc etc from wifey and I as he is obsessed with carp fishing but can only go when he’s with me in Sussex, so I got him the above gear so he can get carping with kit that he can stash in the boot of a car. What I’m trying to find is a venue for him in the Prestatyn/Rhyl-Chester/Ellesmere Port area that will allow a 14yr old to fish without silly rules (several waters I’ve found in the area are size 12/10 hooks max, no boilies, no under 14yrs etc - he’s 13, going on 14 in March) that he can go catch a few on a day ticket. I looked at Brickfields pond in Rhyl, but they are prebooked tickets only. Anyone have any ideas? 

many thanks 

On 27/12/2022 at 21:10, ouchthathurt said:

Evening all, so my boy got a set of carp rods and reels (Leeda rogue 9ft 2.75lb rods and shimano 6000 baitrunners) plus a set of fox mini microns, landing net, line, terminal tackle, candy nut crunch readymades etc etc from wifey and I as he is obsessed with carp fishing but can only go when he’s with me in Sussex, so I got him the above gear so he can get carping with kit that he can stash in the boot of a car. What I’m trying to find is a venue for him in the Prestatyn/Rhyl-Chester/Ellesmere Port area that will allow a 14yr old to fish without silly rules (several waters I’ve found in the area are size 12/10 hooks max, no boilies, no under 14yrs etc - he’s 13, going on 14 in March) that he can go catch a few on a day ticket. I looked at Brickfields pond in Rhyl, but they are prebooked tickets only. Anyone have any ideas? 

many thanks 

Hello mate , if Snowman Stevo sees this he may be able to assist.

He’s a Scouser so will probably be able to suggest somewhere your boy can nick a few .

Ouch did I say that ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• 2 months later...

a few to look out for, warrington anglers have a water called the mount which is located in buckley, flint paper mill, tarporley anglers have a few nice waters just outside chester. port sunlight angling club have a few waters just outside willaston, they are in south wirral a few miles from e/port.