October Catch Reports

jh92

6 hours ago, finchey said:

Well done mate πŸ‘ 😁

Had another common about 12lb and missed one, I think it might of been a fish trailing line cos I lifted into it while it was taking line, nothing there, checked the rig and the silicone hasn't moved on the hook, so don't think it was a take as such lol.Β 

Have you had any joy yet??Β 

59 minutes ago, jh92 said:

Had another common about 12lb and missed one, I think it might of been a fish trailing line cos I lifted into it while it was taking line, nothing there, checked the rig and the silicone hasn't moved on the hook, so don't think it was a take as such lol.Β 

Have you had any joy yet??Β 

Yes I had a 12 8 and around 4pm there was an horrendous rain storm never fished anything so bad before and guess what I got a double take, I landed one an other 12 8 and lost the other at the net around the same size and right now I'm sat in an other horrendous rain storm and I'm actually preying they don't goΒ  again. I no shouldn't but I've used all my spare clothes and I don't fancy being pΒ wet all night. πŸ™„

Β 

34 minutes ago, finchey said:

Yes I had a 12 8 and around 4pm there was an horrendous rain storm never fished anything so bad before and guess what I got a double take, I landed one an other 12 8 and lost the other at the net around the same size and right now I'm sat in an other horrendous rain storm and I'm actually preying they don't goΒ  again. I no shouldn't but I've used all my spare clothes and I don't fancy being pΒ wet all night. πŸ™„

Β 

Always the way mate, hopefully it stays quiet until the rain has passed for youπŸ˜† yeah I've been watching the forecast on my phone, apperently I got some heavy rain coming in for about 6 hours tomorrow morning. Won't be packing up in that πŸ˜†Β 

Just had another common about 5lb πŸ‘

1 hour ago, jh92 said:

Always the way mate, hopefully it stays quiet until the rain has passed for youπŸ˜† yeah I've been watching the forecast on my phone, apperently I got some heavy rain coming in for about 6 hours tomorrow morning. Won't be packing up in that πŸ˜†Β 

Just had another common about 5lb πŸ‘

I've been having really heavy showers on and off for most of the night, and I've also had another common 11lb luckily it wasn't raining. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

42 minutes ago, finchey said:

I'veΒ beenΒ watching the forecast on my phone,Β 

The forecast I've been watching which is bbc is up the wall, no rain forecast all night but it's raining more than fine.πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

I favour the Weather & Radar appΒ 

Best of luck with the fishing 🀞

13 hours ago, finchey said:

I'veΒ beenΒ watching the forecast on my phone,Β 

The forecast I've been watching which is bbc is up the wall, no rain forecast all night but it's raining more than fine.πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

I've been defeated, had 11 carp in total, a shoal of stockies moved in on my bait and it was run after run. I didn't get to bed until 5am for an hour. New rig on, wrap up to 100 yards, get it out properly then a couple spombs over the top. It felt relentless, I had a double take at one point as well πŸ˜†

Β 

I got cut off by a mussel I believe, had a drop back, lifted into it and there was nothing there, no rig or anything, so ended up fishing the one rod early hours of this morning.

I've ran out of leaders, hook link, got about 2 hooks left, hardly any bait left, low on leads, and all my clothes were soaked, ended up just lying on top the bag this morning for an hour.Β 

Just got home, I feel like I'm done for a while now πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

By the way them Cygnet hooks didn't do it for me, 2 takes and both times they managed to shake the hook before I lifted into it.Β 

October already!

Where has this year gone?

Congratulations to those catching so far.

I suppose that I had better admit to catching myself, a 23lb common from the syndicate on a cut down 12mm Monster Crab pop-up on a Multi rig and 3oz running lead. Hurt like hell lifting it for pics as I have a trapped nerve in my right shoulder.

20221014_090012.jpg

20221014_084307.jpg

Β 

On 02/10/2022 at 08:53, Carpbell3 said:

Someone mention korda hooks are naff.? Dropped the last two fish mid run using a korda klor going back to the wide gapes tough mouths in that lake how that hook never went in is a mystery.

Could be me!

I've said in the past that I think that they are not particularly sharp.

5 hours ago, newmarket said:

curious though about the 3oz lead . Why so heavy ? Distance ?

I prefer heavier leads with running rigs to hold bottom. The lead doesn't get dragged on the take. Also with the same weight lead on each rod I know each rod will cast the same if I do need to fish at range, although with the 3.25oz TC The Ones I can comfortably fish with 3.5oz leads.

I was actually only fishing about 20metres range. The whole lot, rig and lead goes in the PVA bag and pushes the weed to the lakebed.Β 

Β 

We've worked out that this is one of the originals, known as the Parrot due to its mouth. Even with the heavy lead it just pulled the slack line tight to the rod, probably feeding very heavily on small natural food items and the pellets in the bag, so didn't run.

Β 

Β 

@newmarket I think you know how close I was fishing from the vid I sent you. I think that was the fish topping.

On 14/10/2022 at 09:19, salokcinnodrog said:

October already!

Where has this year gone?

Congratulations to those catching so far.

I suppose that I had better admit to catching myself, a 23lb common from the syndicate on a cut down 12mm Monster Crab pop-up on a Multi rig and 3oz running lead. Hurt like hell lifting it for pics as I have a trapped nerve in my right shoulder.

20221014_090012.jpg

20221014_084307.jpg

Β 

Could be me!

I've said in the past that I think that they are not particularly sharp.

Well done , Nick .

A β€œ Double Whammy β€œ then , not only did you catch one from your tricky syndicate , but it was also one of the originals .

I hope the pain from your shoulder didn’t take the shine off your capture ? ; I can imagine the pain you are in from the way you have your neck pulled back into your shoulders like a tortoise πŸ˜„

πŸ˜ƒ

Β 

Not a catch report as such but a blank report! 24 hours on a fairly well stocked water and only 3 skimmers to my name. I only saw 2 shows in all that time. I was fishing towards one of the islands but because the water level was down at least 2 foot lower than I've ever seen it before, I was fishing a good 20 foot short to make sure I had at least enough water to cover the fishes backs.

On reflection, I put too much bait in (I was using the bait boat) and I should have fished the middle of the lake where the water is slightly deeper. I've got another 24 hours booked in at the end of the month and will take that on board and fish differently. The boat will probably stay in the bag (in the car because you can park next to your swim) and I'll just stick out a few freebies. Blanking is OK as long as you learn from your mistakes, slavishly repeating them just extends the blanking period.

That probably would have been a better option. Unfortunately having taken the boat, it seemed like a good idea to pile the bait in on 3 tight spots. The weather was pretty mild but the lake low and clear and I should have shown a bit of restraint. Especially as the bloke opposite was depth charging his side of the swim with a spomb! (which wasn't too far from mine.)