Shock leaders

5 hours ago, jh92 said:

When using a tapered shock leader, how many times/fish can you use it for until it needs changing? 

Looking at the esp 15lb - 40lb tapered shock leaders 👍

I have used tapered leaders for sea fishing, and the leader lasts multiple sessions. I would suggest checking it every time you reel in, habit for me, but mussels, gravel etc, can take chunks out of your line.

On 14/09/2022 at 17:58, salokcinnodrog said:

I have used tapered leaders for sea fishing, and the leader lasts multiple sessions. I would suggest checking it every time you reel in, habit for me, but mussels, gravel etc, can take chunks out of your line.

Thanks mate I will keep an eye on them. 

My esp ones are in the post but picked up some korda sub line ones from a shop. I'm quite chuffed with them I'm now hitting 30 wraps with ease 👍 could probably go even further but I will lose all accuracy 😂

I do have question for anyone that does fish at distance. What is the best sort of rig to be using? 

At the moment I'm using a blowback rig with a 20mm/16mm snowman bait. Size 4 korda krank x hook with esp tungsten loaded semi stiff braid, about 9" long. It's what was doing the business at 20 wraps but wondering if I should use a stiffer boom section? 

4 hours ago, jh92 said:

Thanks mate I will keep an eye on them. 

My esp ones are in the post but picked up some korda sub line ones from a shop. I'm quite chuffed with them I'm now hitting 30 wraps with ease 👍 could probably go even further but I will lose all accuracy 😂

I do have question for anyone that does fish at distance. What is the best sort of rig to be using? 

At the moment I'm using a blowback rig with a 20mm/16mm snowman bait. Size 4 korda krank x hook with esp tungsten loaded semi stiff braid, about 9" long. It's what was doing the business at 20 wraps but wondering if I should use a stiffer boom section? 

If you are happy with it, and it doesn't tangle then stick with it.