Trakker tempest or cyprinus typhoon?

Just looking at some options, can get a trakker tempest dpm4 with a skullcap, like new condition for 230 (no groundsheet tho) the Camo colour looks pretty cool lol

Theres also a cyprinus typhoon m4 for 200. Comes with a zip in groundsheet. Also like new condition. 

Thoughts? 

16 hours ago, jh92 said:

Just looking at some options, can get a trakker tempest dpm4 with a skullcap, like new condition for 230 (no groundsheet tho) the Camo colour looks pretty cool lol

Theres also a cyprinus typhoon m4 for 200. Comes with a zip in groundsheet. Also like new condition. 

Thoughts? 

Unless your stuck on those 2, have a look at the Sonik AXS, lots of sales with Overwraps now also...just seen 1 on Gumtree for £150....plenty around for £200/250

36 minutes ago, Highy said:

Unless your stuck on those 2, have a look at the Sonik AXS, lots of sales with Overwraps now also...just seen 1 on Gumtree for £150....plenty around for £200/250

Just looking for that sort of design, looks really easy to set up. I will check out the sonik axs now 👍

3 hours ago, Highy said:

Just seen one of these but without an overwrap for 140, do you use an overwrap with yours? 

4 hours ago, Highy said:

When do overnight/24hr....I always use the wrap and take the front off,

Screenshot_20220618-210448_Gallery.thumb.jpg.942c7c12b71e532a8ce6d4f85f885e70.jpg

gives about 2 foot extra room.

IMG-20210716-WA0008.thumb.jpeg.e3525415723f155ae46b7fc932111303.jpeg

On days I take it just in case.

20220625_120441.thumb.jpg.76e4d7b479f1128beca9ab92be9e93f8.jpg

Screenshot_20220313_065539.thumb.jpg.e0c9ed792181e57f5aa9135914ae3c1f.jpg

After going through some reviews I'm gonna go for the axs bivvy. Hopefully it will stay water tight without an over wrap. I may look into purchasing one in the future, but I'm lazy, if I can get away without using one I will 😂

I'm mad I had to pull away from my session but hopefully pick the Bivvy up this evening and get back to the reservoir tonight or for first light tomorrow morning. Need to be off the reservoir for 8am Sunday 👌

12 minutes ago, jh92 said:

After going through some reviews I'm gonna go for the axs bivvy. Hopefully it will stay water tight without an over wrap. I may look into purchasing one in the future, but I'm lazy, if I can get away without using one I will 😂

I'm mad I had to pull away from my session but hopefully pick the Bivvy up this evening and get back to the reservoir tonight or for first light tomorrow morning. Need to be off the reservoir for 8am Sunday 👌

If in any Doubt give it a Fabsil, but only once on my AXS it dribbled in, but that was due to a scewiff seam on the inside near the Door, Sonik replaced for me no questions. 

With the Wrap on you get that extra space space and is Pitch Black when on....

Screenshot_20211009_173650.thumb.jpg.d16600e767ac2af3d67b92233beafd7c.jpg

Before I got the Camo Wrap this 1...

Screenshot_20210502_201107.thumb.jpg.f8cc551d991837129479a6dc7f489618.jpg

2 Mates also have an AXS and they love em...

40 minutes ago, Highy said:

If in any Doubt give it a Fabsil, but only once on my AXS it dribbled in, but that was due to a scewiff seam on the inside near the Door, Sonik replaced for me no questions. 

Awesome mate I will give it a test tomorrow. I will also fabsil it when the weather dries up a bit 👍 

2 hours ago, Highy said:

Some of the stitching is coming away on the top right corner of the door, can probably stitch it back myself but if I'm not fishing directly into the wind when it's it should be fine. Managed to get it down to £100. So will look into getting an over wrap because I got it nice and cheap lol. 

Just had a little play with it, nice and easy to set up, packing it away is a different story, will have to find a video for that 😂

Edited by jh92

3 minutes ago, jh92 said:

Some of the stitching is coming away on the top right corner of the door, can probably stitch it back myself but if I'm not fishing directly into the wind when it's it should be fine. Managed to get it down to £100. So will look into getting an over wrap because I got it nice and cheap lol. 

Just had a little play with it, nice and easy to set up, packing it away is a different story, will have to find a video for that 😂

Good price that...Full System too ?...Should be OK with that stitching, probably had it abit tight when up?.. what about some tent/bivvy repair tape, then seal over it ?...

Packing away I think is easier....I undo tension strap, pull out the 2 peak poles and clip from top, fan all the poles back together, split each (5) ribs down 1 by 1, fold them over onto themselves, then wrap the tension strap around it all.

2 minutes ago, Highy said:

Good price that...Full System too ?...Should be OK with that stitching, probably had it abit tight when up?.. what about some tent/bivvy repair tape, then seal over it ?...

Packing away I think is easier....I undo tension strap, pull out the 2 peak poles and clip from top, fan all the poles back together, split each (5) ribs down 1 by 1, fold them over onto themselves, then wrap the tension strap around it all.

Yeah mate comes with a full front and clip in groundsheet. Didn't even know you could get repair tape, I will have to look into it 👍

I'm not sure once you've broke them all down if there was a way of folding it all up neatly. I've done what you've done just rolled it up and wrapped them strap around it all. I'm sure after a few goes it will be easier 👍

33 minutes ago, jh92 said:

Yeah mate comes with a full front and clip in groundsheet. Didn't even know you could get repair tape, I will have to look into it 👍

I'm not sure once you've broke them all down if there was a way of folding it all up neatly. I've done what you've done just rolled it up and wrapped them strap around it all. I'm sure after a few goes it will be easier 👍

I actually think it was some seam team I used on my very 1st bivvy, Chub S plus max....I ironed it on inside the bivvy....

41 minutes ago, jh92 said:

This is what I did for the hole....maybe same for the stitching ?...

It was a strip of repair tape....

image.png.afbdca5d5652406b3b7f290d3e330781.png

Edited by Highy

It's a nice bivvy, it didn't let in any water during the heavy down pours I had yesterday. I did have a bit of condensation this morning but that can be sorted with an over wrap. That being said it dried out pretty quick. 

I'm really happy with it. Bargain for £100, I will give it a clean when I get chance then give it a good spray with fabsil. 

Got the vents up on the back this afternoon, really nice. So much so I best stay another night 😆😂

I might be missing something but I don't understand how the rod straps are supposed to work, the storm poles are in the way? 🤷‍♂️😂

21 minutes ago, jh92 said:

It's a nice bivvy, it didn't let in any water during the heavy down pours I had yesterday. I did have a bit of condensation this morning but that can be sorted with an over wrap. That being said it dried out pretty quick. 

I'm really happy with it. Bargain for £100, I will give it a clean when I get chance then give it a good spray with fabsil. 

Got the vents up on the back this afternoon, really nice. So much so I best stay another night 😆😂

I might be missing something but I don't understand how the rod straps are supposed to work, the storm poles are in the way? 🤷‍♂️😂

Storm poles are usually only needed if heavy winds are expected 

do not need them all the time.

hence the name . Bit of a crappy design if they are always needed

Edited by framey

25 minutes ago, jh92 said:

The AXS poles are really supposed to go straight down, just that people chose to put them.on an angle to the bivvy pegs....if you get the Wrap, you'll see it needs to be used with the poles also, velcro inside it to attach to the wrap.

IMG_20201114_135744.thumb.jpg.a9895f8d8567f00217c8817e3f52b04c.jpg

5 hours ago, Highy said:

The AXS poles are really supposed to go straight down, just that people chose to put them.on an angle to the bivvy pegs....if you get the Wrap, you'll see it needs to be used with the poles also, velcro inside it to attach to the wrap.

IMG_20201114_135744.thumb.jpg.a9895f8d8567f00217c8817e3f52b04c.jpg

Awesome, I thought I was doing something wrong 😆 

5 hours ago, framey said:

Storm poles are usually only needed if heavy winds are expected 

do not need them all the time.

hence the name . Bit of a crappy design if they are always needed

I will have to try it without the storm poles, just on a more sheltered water 😆