September Catch Reports

jh92

14 hours ago, finchey said:

Nice fish mate well done. Are you getting used to the self takes.😁👍

Yeah and no, I'm getting the shots right but it's not always taking them when I ask. Need to download the whistle app I think 😆😂

Had a belting run at 2 this morning, running down over the stones bare footed in the rain to hit it, struggling around to get my waders on. Fish gets closer in and I net it... 3lb common 😭😂 then wrap up to 30 wraps to get it back out again 😂 

Anyway I was gonna do a few days but needed up packing up this morning. Probably head out again later or tomorrow 👍 

6 hours ago, jh92 said:

Yeah and no, I'm getting the shots right but it's not always taking them when I ask. Need to download the whistle app I think 😆😂

I use the whisle app and I don't have any problems and the photos are OK for what I want.

I hope you don't mind mate but I had a little play around with your photo, what do you think?😁👍2053760219_Screenshot_20220923-061649_Chrome2.jpg.ca72a67623cf7be13081989bad673a82.jpg

1 hour ago, finchey said:

I use the whisle app and I don't have any problems and the photos are OK for what I want.

I hope you don't mind mate but I had a little play around with your photo, what do you think?😁👍2053760219_Screenshot_20220923-061649_Chrome2.jpg.ca72a67623cf7be13081989bad673a82.jpg

I've just played with the camera settings, I've managed to set it so it takes a picture whenever I talk with the app open. Hopefully get a few more shots lol. 

Thanks for that mate it's much closer, I appreciate it 👍👍

Got down the syndi late weds again couldn't get in the swim I wanted but he was going the next day so I plotted up on the other side with a mind to moving in once he'd gone.

I chucked 2 singles out and crashed out.  Midnight the usual fish crashing out just outside the main snags in my bay, they were off on the feed somewhere!

No more activity near me from then onwards and nothing in front of the swim I'm wanting, a change of plan.  By mid morning I'm packed away and have my bucket in a swim down the other end.  I walk the dog along the river looking for perch spots for my drop shotting and find some nice chubb.

Walking past another lake one launches out in the middle and I go for a look from a central point, lots of fizzing going on close around this point so the plan changes there and then, I go get the car and barrow round to save the swim.  After a quick lead around I chose underarm range for all 3 and catapulted 1.5k of boilies around the area.

After lunch a few hours perching on the river but frustration as I only found one and he spat the hook 3 times!  Also a nibble from one of two good chubb but I was too slow aaagh!

Back to the lake and I get the rods out for early evening and soon after one crashes right over the right rod - I think I'm hauling tonight and have early dinner - in bed for 9 expecting action.

12pm the left rod signals, I run out and strike at a liner, great, de-weed the line and cast it back out.

Dawn comes and goes, very little going on just a couple crashing in a margin far away and I think I've totally overdone the bait - I start making the last tea.

The right rod is away at 10am just after I saw the first patches of fizz over the area.  It quickly weeds up so I put the waders on and go out to meet it, the weed starts coming and the fish is right on top 3 yards behind, I snook the net under him and it was game over.

My prize a 25+ Old Nene Valley Common, most likely from the river originally  Chuffed with that, one from each lake now- onto the river!

Screenshot_20220923-110819_Gallery.thumb.jpg.761b159771ea0f980c024d615451366d.jpg

4 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Got down the syndi late weds again couldn't get in the swim I wanted but he was going the next day so I plotted up on the other side with a mind to moving in once he'd gone.

I chucked 2 singles out and crashed out.  Midnight the usual fish crashing out just outside the main snags in my bay, they were off on the feed somewhere!

No more activity near me from then onwards and nothing in front of the swim I'm wanting, a change of plan.  By mid morning I'm packed away and have my bucket in a swim down the other end.  I walk the dog along the river looking for perch spots for my drop shotting and find some nice chubb.

Walking past another lake one launches out in the middle and I go for a look from a central point, lots of fizzing going on close around this point so the plan changes there and then, I go get the car and barrow round to save the swim.  After a quick lead around I chose underarm range for all 3 and catapulted 1.5k of boilies around the area.

After lunch a few hours perching on the river but frustration as I only found one and he spat the hook 3 times!  Also a nibble from one of two good chubb but I was too slow aaagh!

Back to the lake and I get the rods out for early evening and soon after one crashes right over the right rod - I think I'm hauling tonight and have early dinner - in bed for 9 expecting action.

12pm the left rod signals, I run out and strike at a liner, great, de-weed the line and cast it back out.

Dawn comes and goes, very little going on just a couple crashing in a margin far away and I think I've totally overdone the bait - I start making the last tea.

The right rod is away at 10am just after I saw the first patches of fizz over the area.  It quickly weeds up so I put the waders on and go out to meet it, the weed starts coming and the fish is right on top 3 yards behind, I snook the net under him and it was game over.

My prize a 25+ Old Nene Valley Common, most likely from the river originally  Chuffed with that, one from each lake now- onto the river!

Screenshot_20220923-110819_Gallery.thumb.jpg.761b159771ea0f980c024d615451366d.jpg

You do cram a lot of fishing in your fishing…great write up and a nice fish 👍

On 22/09/2022 at 18:27, jh92 said:

IMG_20220922_180714.thumb.jpg.c851ba128b625e0bc45340b87e3cc903.jpg

Nice common just bouncing over 22lb 8oz 👍 had a nice little mirror before hand probably low double 👍

I like the pic… you can tell the fish came to the left rod, and looks like you have to wade out to net the fish as it looks a shallow margin ? The net, unhooking mat and weigh sling tells a story and the clean looking carp confirms it  👍 

15 hours ago, B B said:

I like the pic… you can tell the fish came to the left rod, and looks like you have to wade out to net the fish as it looks a shallow margin ? The net, unhooking mat and weigh sling tells a story and the clean looking carp confirms it  👍 

Yeah mate left rod and the margins ain't very nice, shallow with rocks and submerged treestumps 😂 I love the big open waters, you don't really know the stock etc. A little bit of mystery to the place 👍

I went back up there today only to find my wheelbarrow wheel had popped. Managed to find a little garage in the middle of nowhere that could sort me a new one. £15 sorted. Headed back to the reservoir only to find most of the swims had been taken. It was really rammed, I managed to find one spot but I wasn't feeling it, spoke to the bailiff and there's a match on tomorrow so everyone has to be off by 8am tomorrow.

That was it really I loaded the gear up and headed back home. I plan to return tomorrow after the match, hopefully be one of the first there so can get a decent swim. It will probably be my final stint there for a while so decided on doing a minimum of 3 nights 👍

Popped down the Syndicate lake for the day on Saturday.

Fancied a spot of float fishing with some Corn and got what I was after , a few Roach here a few Rudd there but I couldn’t resist sticking a Shellfish B5 20 miller beneath the float for the last couple of hours . 
here’s one of em … ugly blighter 🤣

4018E0B2-6C37-4061-865C-6FF58C84494A.thumb.jpeg.f9348b3b96b98b4e7fdb303110f991ab.jpeg