Jump to content

September Catch Reports


jh92
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, emmcee said:

I hope you got more than just "mat" shots for your first 30? 

Well done by the way 👏 

Yes mate I tried to get a couple by balancing my phone on a bucket and shouting "cheese" not sure if it's my southern accent but it didn't pick it up every time I said it 😂

 

Here it is 

IMG_20220905_144130.thumb.jpg.766b811fb399af7aacb128e40cf13fdc.jpg

Not the best shot but it will do 👌

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jh92 said:

Yes mate I tried to get a couple by balancing my phone on a bucket and shouting "cheese" not sure if it's my southern accent but it didn't pick it up every time I said it 😂

 

Here it is 

IMG_20220905_144130.thumb.jpg.766b811fb399af7aacb128e40cf13fdc.jpg

Not the best shot but it will do 👌

That will do nicely, congratulations clean looking fish to 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jh92 said:

Yes mate I tried to get a couple by balancing my phone on a bucket and shouting "cheese" not sure if it's my southern accent but it didn't pick it up every time I said it 😂

 

Here it is 

IMG_20220905_144130.thumb.jpg.766b811fb399af7aacb128e40cf13fdc.jpg

Not the best shot but it will do 👌

That's a belter well done mate, glad you got a decent pic a mat shot never does a fish any justice, well worth getting into the photography tbh a good pic will make a capture live longer in the memory, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

That's a belter well done mate, glad you got a decent pic a mat shot never does a fish any justice, well worth getting into the photography tbh a good pic will make a capture live longer in the memory, 

Thanks mate yeah they all look tiny when doing a mat shot 😆 I've got a dslr at home, no idea how to use it though 😂

Had a 24lb 10oz common a few hours ago, started raining heavy, hooked into the fish and then lightning started cracking over the reservoir. Safe to say the rod didn't go back out until the storm passed lol. 

 

IMG_20220905_190442.thumb.jpg.2dfa45d3d0a220757d344fda90a4fa78.jpg

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jh92 said:

Thanks mate yeah they all look tiny when doing a mat shot 😆 I've got a dslr at home, no idea how to use it though 😂

Had a 24lb 10oz common a few hours ago, started raining heavy, hooked into the fish and then lightning started cracking over the reservoir. Safe to say the rod didn't go back out until the storm passed lol. 

 

IMG_20220905_190442.thumb.jpg.2dfa45d3d0a220757d344fda90a4fa78.jpg

 

 

I'm no expert but you've got the expensive part already, a couple more items off amazon and you will be set up I think, might be worth starting a thread about it, lots of people seem to know a bit in here, 

Also well done on the captures mega session, hope it continues 

Edited by elmoputney
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bailed out early this morning, my fast and light Brolly has failed on me. One of the spokes has gave way and ripped off the fabric.. Not sure how I don't stretch it out mega tight. Water started coming in really bad, running off the middle bit straight onto the bedchair. Woke up to a wet bedchair, just everything has got wet and with more rain forecast for the next few days I got packed up while it stopped 😂

5 fish and lost one. Very pleased. 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, jh92 said:

Yes mate I tried to get a couple by balancing my phone on a bucket and shouting "cheese" not sure if it's my southern accent but it didn't pick it up every time I said it 😂

 

Here it is 

IMG_20220905_144130.thumb.jpg.766b811fb399af7aacb128e40cf13fdc.jpg

Not the best shot but it will do 👌

Top stuff matey well done 👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/09/2022 at 21:49, jh92 said:

Thanks mate yeah they all look tiny when doing a mat shot 😆 I've got a dslr at home, no idea how to use it though 😂

Had a 24lb 10oz common a few hours ago, started raining heavy, hooked into the fish and then lightning started cracking over the reservoir. Safe to say the rod didn't go back out until the storm passed lol. 

 

IMG_20220905_190442.thumb.jpg.2dfa45d3d0a220757d344fda90a4fa78.jpg

 

 

I had a decent camera but in the end just downloaded a camera whistle app on my phone. Hold the fish up, whistle and picture is taken.  You can have the screen facing you (as in selfie mode) so you can see exactly what you get. Most mobile phone cameras are pretty good so was a no brainer, less weight to carry for starters 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, commonly said:

Screenshots seem to be the best way to upload. 

Not sure about the 8mb thing, you are not the first to have this problem mate 

Probably something to do with my settings on the phone, it always saves the files really big. 

I've had 5 so far, all low doubles with the biggest being just under 16.

Last fish wiped out my other rod, so had the fun and games of untangling it, wrapping both rods up and getting them back out. Hopefully get some kip soon because every time I take my waders off and get into bed one the rods rattle off 😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's always best to have as much detail in the original so don't try to reduce the quality. For many years I used Photoshop but when they introduced a monthly fee, I dropped it.  I now use Affinity photo and it really is as good and for a one off fee of £47.99.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/

You can play about with the light setting and saturation quite easily and then resize the image at the end to fit on web pages and download quickly. Typically I use about 800 pixels wide for this Site.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, jh92 said:

Any idea how you make your pictures smaller? Struggling with the 8mb limit 🤔

Anyway off the mark with a common just going into double figures 😆

If you use a computer you can download Microsoft Powertoys, which has a free image resizer. Also on Windows if you open in image viewer then click the ellipses (three little dots, top right), then click on resize... Hope this helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, jh92 said:

Probably something to do with my settings on the phone, it always saves the files really big. 

I've had 5 so far, all low doubles with the biggest being just under 16.

Last fish wiped out my other rod, so had the fun and games of untangling it, wrapping both rods up and getting them back out. Hopefully get some kip soon because every time I take my waders off and get into bed one the rods rattle off 😂😂

This is the problem I have so as soon as it happens the first time (because there’s been quite a few) I keep the rods on the bank and set my alarm for half hour before Dawn .

Im too old for all this double takes in the dark carp 🙄

As for your fone ? If it’s an iPhone there’s a terrific app called PhotoShrinker, not sure if there’s an Android version, must be .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

What I can only describe as a weird session, got up at 4.30 to get down the syndicate lake for first light loaded the car and ready - can't find the car keys, spent ages faffing about before I'm finally on the road.  Halfway there road closure - this is going well!!!

I get there for 6.30 walk round someones in the swim I wanted and his mat is wet.  Walk round the lake then go walk round the big lake.  Another lap of the target lake he's had another - I'm kicking myself for not getting there the night before maybe beating him to it.  I identify 3 other areas where I see bubbling - and I'm reasonably happy to come back later and have a go.

I decide to proceed with plan A back to the car for food then a few hours drop-shotting on the river.

Food done I get the rod and net - no lure bag GREAT, now I don't know what I'm doing and within minutes I'm driving out the gates and heading home in a huff.

The long track gives me time to re-think, I drive to Bluebell for a walk round and gather my thoughts.  Walking past the last lake I see lots of bubbling in a corner- there and then I decide to buy a ticket and fish for them.

2 rods out with the baiting pole nice and quiet and by mid afternoon I'm having a sleep - rudely awoken by a take from the pads at 4pm - a ghosty looking 23lb and ounces common.  Surprisingly nothing through the night although they were showing a little further down the lake like crazy.

Waking up at dawn I moved the right rod from the marginal tree to areas of fizzing and within 20 mins its away - feels good but unfortunately fell off after a minute or so - gutted.  I got the rod back out but it was quickly evident that the activity was firmly over and the rods came back in.

Back home after one night - happy to have caught felt jinxed from the off.

Back on the syndi weds night to Friday so I hope to have my time then - fingers crossed.

Screenshot_20220917-184150_Gallery.thumb.jpg.d8a4de4b3055ba484b926b45c5b37ac6.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

What I can only describe as a weird session, got up at 4.30 to get down the syndicate lake for first light loaded the car and ready - can't find the car keys, spent ages faffing about before I'm finally on the road.  Halfway there road closure - this is going well!!!

I get there for 6.30 walk round someones in the swim I wanted and his mat is wet.  Walk round the lake then go walk round the big lake.  Another lap of the target lake he's had another - I'm kicking myself for not getting there the night before maybe beating him to it.  I identify 3 other areas where I see bubbling - and I'm reasonably happy to come back later and have a go.

I decide to proceed with plan A back to the car for food then a few hours drop-shotting on the river.

Food done I get the rod and net - no lure bag GREAT, now I don't know what I'm doing and within minutes I'm driving out the gates and heading home in a huff.

The long track gives me time to re-think, I drive to Bluebell for a walk round and gather my thoughts.  Walking past the last lake I see lots of bubbling in a corner- there and then I decide to buy a ticket and fish for them.

2 rods out with the baiting pole nice and quiet and by mid afternoon I'm having a sleep - rudely awoken by a take from the pads at 4pm - a ghosty looking 23lb and ounces common.  Surprisingly nothing through the night although they were showing a little further down the lake like crazy.

Waking up at dawn I moved the right rod from the marginal tree to areas of fizzing and within 20 mins its away - feels good but unfortunately fell off after a minute or so - gutted.  I got the rod back out but it was quickly evident that the activity was firmly over and the rods came back in.

Back home after one night - happy to have caught felt jinxed from the off.

Back on the syndi weds night to Friday so I hope to have my time then - fingers crossed.

Screenshot_20220917-184150_Gallery.thumb.jpg.d8a4de4b3055ba484b926b45c5b37ac6.jpg

 

I hate those feelings when it all starts feeling wrong from the off, still nice fish caught hopefully next time you will clump them and it will go well, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...