August '22 Catch Reports

yonny

Well, it was a good 48hr trip....

Had 3 Carp, lost 3 carp (Barbless rule), i 100% had a Cat on about 1.30 yesterday morning, hit into it, couldn't turn it at all, rod bent double, ended up a clean break on the line (makes me think muscle, as seen a few in the edges)...seen 2 Cats come out 16lb and 24lb, helped with the 24lb fish as he was only a young en fishing (about 17).

The water level was down about 3ft on each lake, looming at going back to 1 of the more specimen lakes.

Edited by Highy

Went to a local runs water to get the rod bent after struggling a bit on my other bigger fish water. I had 10 in 8 hours up to 13lb. I really had the spots rocking, spodding out pellets every hour and had the area bubbling like a cauldron. Quite a few fish coming out all around the lake and I saw one bloke catch at least 6 off the top on large pieces of crust. I tried out a new rig using a doubled over section of heavy fluorocarbon to create a D rig and it worked really well.

Found the carp on my 90 acre reservoir... Up in the no fishing area, they were sat in front the bird hide box thing. I managed to stick my phone out and get a few photos 😆

IMG_20220831_152616.thumb.jpg.c123e44e2b519a1973bbe45594f82a11.jpg

There was a common further out, probably one of the biggest fish I've personally seen in front of me, it was so wide, the scales on it were huge as well. I would like to say it was over 30! 

Anyway that was a enough for me I've been sorting my kit out and heading back up there today for a night session 😆

8 hours ago, yonny said:

Standard mate 😅

It's always the way 😆 I've got as close to them as I could, probably about half a mile away tho 😂 

My friend is just getting into fishing and is on his first session today so we are having a bit of a social, got him set up on a bed of vitalin, he's been hauling in the bream all day and isn't fed up yet 😆😂

Good morning all, the cars all packed ready for a 24hr sesh on zombie sheep lake. Not been there in over a month and I’m absolutely itching to get going! It feels like June 16th all over again. The heats dropped, it’s breezy and cool here, let’s hope the carp feed their nuts off and I can snare a few. 

2 minutes ago, jh92 said:

Not a bad session, I had 3 and lost 3. Biggest was about 7lb. 

My mate had his first carp and a pb of 11lb 4oz 👍 was nice to get out with someone instead of going alone 😆

I've started doing more nights/sessions on my own now, mates don't seem to be bothering....Uncle has started Carp fishing so I'm trying to get him out with me at some point.

22 minutes ago, Highy said:

I've started doing more nights/sessions on my own now, mates don't seem to be bothering....Uncle has started Carp fishing so I'm trying to get him out with me at some point.

I'll do the odd social through the year but I want to fish alone - having someone there holds you back and clouds your judgement, worrying about if they will catch and staying together when you just know you have to do something else or be somewhere else is too frustrating for me.

Predator fishing a different story it's just a fun day out, carping in the main is completely different I'm in hunting mode when on the hard pits.

2 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Those rocks look mega - what an unusual lake, good luck the weather looks bang on, I've gotta wait till next week 

the lake is a flooded WW2 anti-aircraft position built to protect Lydd Aerodrome. The rocks are huge concrete towers that once supported the searchlights and AAA guns. It’s got to be one of my favourite waters ever, which is strange as when I first fished it, I absolutely hated the place and packed up early. It’s not a huge lake, but it’s full of lovely pristine commons which are pretty clued up, you earn each fish from here. I love it now. 

2 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

the lake is a flooded WW2 anti-aircraft position built to protect Lydd Aerodrome. The rocks are huge concrete towers that once supported the searchlights and AAA guns. It’s got to be one of my favourite waters ever, which is strange as when I first fished it, I absolutely hated the place and packed up early. It’s not a huge lake, but it’s full of lovely pristine commons which are pretty clued up, you earn each fish from here. I love it now. 

That sounds cool man, what an interesting place to fish 👍

On 02/09/2022 at 10:09, Highy said:

Uncle has started Carp fishing so I'm trying to get him out with me at some point.

Theirs a coincidence my Uncle John, my favourite who helped me in my fishing in my younger days passed away recently we had the funeral Friday he had a good send off I’m still recovering, his boys had a tab behind the bar last time I could focus on the till it was £900 + … it seems as I get older I go to more funerals 🤔