Polaroids , What To Do If You Wear Glasses ? .

59 minutes ago, crusian said:

Hi Everyone

I used to use clip ons over my prescription glasses , but recently I changed frames and now they don't fit .

What to do , shop around for new clip ons , or is it worth having prescription polaroids ? .

Thanks .

🤔

Got a pair to fit over my prescription glasses from Boots last summer £20ish comfy enough not the best polarised but ok for the price..

08063A76-D5A1-4170-AD92-F1C10309C9CF.jpeg

https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/fortis-wraps-bifocal-2-00-polarised-sunglasses

My close up sight is rubbish and I need reading glasses to do a lot of simple tasks which is pretty annoying. At work I wear a pair of safety glasses but with the same sort of lower lens that makes reading easy but my long sight is near perfect and looking straight ahead is just looking through normal perspex. I've got a pair of the Fortis glasses and they are very good. Sorry about the AD advert but the Fortis website is pretty rubbish when it comes to displaying exactly what you need.

3 hours ago, crusian said:

Hi Everyone

I used to use clip ons over my prescription glasses , but recently I changed frames and now they don't fit .

What to do , shop around for new clip ons , or is it worth having prescription polaroids ? .

Thanks .

🤔

Try these:

https://eyelevel-uk.com/collections/eyelevel-polarized-overglasses/overglasses

22 hours ago, B B said:

Got a pair to fit over my prescription glasses from Boots last summer £20ish comfy enough not the best polarised but ok for the price..

08063A76-D5A1-4170-AD92-F1C10309C9CF.jpeg

22 hours ago, Golden Paws said:

https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/fortis-wraps-bifocal-2-00-polarised-sunglasses

My close up sight is rubbish and I need reading glasses to do a lot of simple tasks which is pretty annoying. At work I wear a pair of safety glasses but with the same sort of lower lens that makes reading easy but my long sight is near perfect and looking straight ahead is just looking through normal perspex. I've got a pair of the Fortis glasses and they are very good. Sorry about the AD advert but the Fortis website is pretty rubbish when it comes to displaying exactly what you need.

21 hours ago, framey said:

I have them prescription made works out about 50£ from boots on a buy one get 1 half price

20 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Thanks very much everyone , that's given me plenty to consider .

😃

7 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

https://fortiseyewear.co.uk/product/overwraps/

I've just bought the normal wraps not the overwraps in Amber after recomendations.

Overwraps go over your normal glasses aparently 👍

I've had the Amber and now got the switch over wraps 

I'm not gonna lie they help a bit but they aren't as good as my old prescription maui Jim's, I will go for prescription ones next time

I am colour blind though and I can't help thinking twin lenses reduces the quality  

Edited by elmoputney

14 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I've had the Amber and now got the switch over wraps 

I'm not gonna lie they help a bit but they aren't as good as my old prescription maui Jim's, I will go for prescription ones next time

I am colour blind though and I can't help thinking twin lenses reduces the quality  

Amber is said to be a bit of a cover all, decent in all lights.

I used to have Shimano with grey/blue lenses but lost those, they were good.

My Fortis in Brown are not as good as the Amber, but I guess each has it's day

On 17/07/2022 at 12:03, crusian said:

Hi Everyone

Thanks .

🤔

Hello mate , when I got my new glasses at Specsavers I got offered a second set of glasses at a greatly reduced rate and I chose Polaroids.
Prescription is the way to go mate , you have to be comfortable by the pool and be able to clearly see it’s contents .

whatever that may be 😊

On 19/07/2022 at 09:42, kevtaylor said:

Amber is said to be a bit of a cover all, decent in all lights.

I used to have Shimano with grey/blue lenses but lost those, they were good.

My Fortis in Brown are not as good as the Amber, but I guess each has it's day

The switch are meant to be a mix of the two and are meant to change  but I'm not sure tbh I think they help a bit but being overwraps I think going over glasses makes them lose some qualityand maybe definition it may be my old man eyes though they've had a tough life lol , I think if you need prescription glasses then prescription Polaroids would be the best choice, I will get some one day