Is it to Hot 🌞 to Fish 🎣

5 minutes ago, Highy said:

I've had all this week off work, weekend tidied up the gardens and Bar, Monday until today, I've fone absolutely nothing with my days off so far.....

Fishing has been a no go due to weather, Dog is bushacked, my lad is a bit of a ginger (strawberry blonde) so will burn easily....then when evening comes I'm too muggy.

Shame you couldn't cancel the holidays for late in the year, I certainly wasn't expecting these temps when I booked months ago

Just now, kevtaylor said:

Shame you couldn't cancel the holidays for late in the year, I certainly wasn't expecting these temps when I booked months ago

I've got more leaving coming up in September....August Bank Holiday I'm off to Cudmore for a 48hr, Saturday Morning set off, be back about Monday tea time.

Hopefully cool down for then.

1 minute ago, greekskii said:

I’m out tonight. May well be pointless but I’m hoping that they’ll have an early morning feed. Luckily the swim I have been baiting is pretty well shaded from 3pm onwards. 

That's what I did last weekend....was out for 24hr, turned up at about 1pm, was 29oC, put my baitbin then fished from about 6pm, had 5 fish through the evening/night then morning was way too warm and was home for 11am the Sunday.

out yesterday for a short day session and called it quits after a few hours, caught 2 but unhooked both in the net in the water as nothing would cool the cradle down so thought why bother as i don't need a photo or weight. will be leaving the rest of my fishing till late sept as more comfortable for me and the fish and really yesterday was just an excuse for me to get out of the house and go bankside so played about with a few new rigs and faffed with solid bags for a change 😅

11 hours ago, Highy said:

Only ever done that once.....under the stars 🌟 

It's a strange feeling (I think)

Did it Friday night. It does take some getting used too. Not as easy in this heat either as I was half in half out the bag, head exposed to keep cool. The full moon made it tricky to sleep too as it wasn’t that dark at all.

Cooler nights you just tuck up under the bag and you feel more sheltered and it’s darker. 

it’s a strange feeling but also a really nice one. 

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, dayvid said:

As its been so hot ,i have pretty much lost all enthusiasm to go fishing, hence i haven't been on here in a while, nor on the bank , but now its cooling down i do intend to get out more .

I can second that....just having a storm passing through now in Wigan....

Hoping to be on the Park Lake for a few hours in the morning before work.