Is it to Hot 🌞 to Fish 🎣

56 minutes ago, Highy said:

As title, is it ?...

Temperatures for up North are reaching 31oC by Sunday....I'm.not out now until my week off work (8th August)....hopefully cooled down by then....

But is it worth fishing full days in this heat, surely 1st thing in morning, late evening would be prime moments now ?

It’s certainly been warm oop north 🤣🤣

With this heat I’d be topping up my tan from mid morning till late tea time. There’s always a chance of nicking one off the top but like us i think there more interested in catching some rays !!!🌞

Last Friday I baited up virtually as soon as I got there (18:00) but didn’t get the rods out till a couple of hours later. If conditions stay the same for a period of time I’ve found the fish adjust to it they gotta eat sometime ! But quite a few of my club waters are struggling due to the lack of rain and temps we’ve had over the past few wks and for me my river sessions are on hold for a while tbh.

9 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

It’s certainly been warm oop north 🤣🤣

With this heat I’d be topping up my tan from mid morning till late tea time. There’s always a chance of nicking one off the top but like us i think there more interested in catching some rays !!!🌞

Last Friday I baited up virtually as soon as I got there (18:00) but didn’t get the rods out till a couple of hours later. If conditions stay the same for a period of time I’ve found the fish adjust to it they gotta eat sometime ! But quite a few of my club waters are struggling due to the lack of rain and temps we’ve had over the past few wks and for me my river sessions are on hold for a while tbh.

Oo ah....not half...

Weekend session for me was got there about dinner(ish)...setup but fished the margins to start, and was in a corner peg...had a small en, but died then until 7pm...didn't even see a fish on the surface, it was weird....got the deeper out and they were all about 2ft off bottom in 6fy water.

when I moved pegs, about 4 down to my left, 1 down from mate I was with, then it was like a dolphin show....

Don't do fishing really in red got heat, was home for 11 day after...

It’s far from ideal conditions but when , like me , you have to plan your trips well in advance then you have to make the most of it .

hopefully by the time I get out again , the 29th , things will have cooled a tad .

Dont forget though , a bad weekends fishing is better than most other things .

4 minutes ago, newmarket said:

It’s far from ideal conditions but when , like me , you have to plan your trips well in advance then you have to make the most of it .

hopefully by the time I get out again , the 29th , things will have cooled a tad .

Dont forget though , a bad weekends fishing is better than most other things .

I'm next out wc 8th August....any day fishing is better than anything. 

I'm not a sun lover to be honest...love the shade....but god help me at weekend finishing the Pergola 🥵🥵

Main thing to remember through out the summer & especially in these current temps , is to limit the time any capture is out the water,  or best of all do all the work in the water if possible.  Should think DO levels are getting on the low side ... which will make the fishing tough going & be the cause of many a blank . 

15 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Main thing to remember through out the summer & especially in these current temps , is to limit the time any capture is out the water,  or best of all do all the work in the water if possible.  Should think DO levels are getting on the low side ... which will make the fishing tough going & be the cause of many a blank . 

The club water at the weekend had the aerator on and was like a Green Korda goo colour...

3 hours ago, Highy said:

As title, is it ?...

Temperatures for up North are reaching 31oC by Sunday....I'm.not out now until my week off work (8th August)....hopefully cooled down by then....

But is it worth fishing full days in this heat, surely 1st thing in morning, late evening would be prime moments now ?

I've avoided the syndicate lake, it's too too hot for Sky with very little shade. The only fishing I've been doing is nights on a river. 

2 reasons for that, the area is paddleboarder and canoe heaven, and quite shallow the fish only move onto it at night. Its next to a mill pool so should I get what I'm after I do have well oxygenated water to return it to

37 minutes ago, Highy said:

The club water at the weekend had the aerator on and was like a Green Korda goo colour

Sounds like it's stirring the bottom up as well.

10 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I've avoided the syndicate lake, it's too too hot for Sky with very little shade. The only fishing I've been doing is nights on a river. 

2 reasons for that, the area is paddleboarder and canoe heaven, and quite shallow the fish only move onto it at night. Its next to a mill pool so should I get what I'm after I do have well oxygenated water to return it to

Sounds like it's stirring the bottom up as well.

I've only got the Club Lake or Park Lake to fish lately, money has been spent on sorting the Garden and Car for me....

Same happened last year with the lake...

9 hours ago, Highy said:

The club water at the weekend had the aerator on and was like a Green Korda goo colour...

That has to be an algae bloom which is mega dangerous in these conditions. All we need is a big pressure drop and the algae will die causing a massive oxygen crash which can wipe a water out. Good job they have the aerator going 👍

40 minutes ago, yonny said:

That has to be an algae bloom which is mega dangerous in these conditions. All we need is a big pressure drop and the algae will die causing a massive oxygen crash which can wipe a water out. Good job they have the aerator going 👍

This is the time I only see it on when it's warm, but the Match lake behind it has a sunken aerator and is constantly on all year round....I think they tend to favour the match scene rather than the pleasure/carp side...

I'm giving all fishing a swerve til the temps drop a bit... I really don't like the high temps we've been having... it hit 33° here on monday and I had a coaching trip... hated it... we caught, but it was too hot really... its rumoured to be hitting nearly 40° by monday... I struggle to sleep in this heat, makes me sluggish so I'll sit park my bum in front of a fan til it cools down a tad

26 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

I'm giving all fishing a swerve til the temps drop a bit... I really don't like the high temps we've been having... it hit 33° here on monday and I had a coaching trip... hated it... we caught, but it was too hot really... its rumoured to be hitting nearly 40° by monday... I struggle to sleep in this heat, makes me sluggish so I'll sit park my bum in front of a fan til it cools down a tad

I'm in the same boat, work and home life (jobs to be done)...so with this heat I'll get them all done VEEEEERY SLOWLY)...I'm.only sleeping about 5hrs at a push, now I'm cleaning house top to bottom, feels like I've jumped in a pool then started, 😅 

I'll be doing some short evening session when I can, since the summer is my best opportunity to fish - I'm on call all through winter, so not as much chance, and I don't like sitting in the cold anyway.

I think the fish will warm themselves then go to a comfortable depth, so still feed and be about, but more likely over drop offs etc.

The key for me is safety, both fish, and fisherman. Make sure you're protected - hat, sun cream etc. Avoid the heat of high noon. Use a bit of common sense. Fish safety - obviously minimise time on the bank. Make sure nets and mats are well wetted with fresh, cool lake water. Take pictures, weigh and return as quickly as possible. I get everything prepped while the fish is in the landing net, then it's a matter of minutes at most to weigh, picture and return.

All that said, it is hot, but let's try and enjoy it as much as we can. We'll all be moaning it's too cold when there's inches of snow around!

On 12/07/2022 at 21:55, chillfactor said:

Couldn't agree more, Phil. It's verging on cruelty to land a fish and use an unhooking mat or cradle in these current temperatures. Do all the necessary while still in the water and as quickly as possible.

Ian.

On 13/07/2022 at 11:17, dalej2014 said:

All that said, it is hot, but let's try and enjoy it as much as we can. We'll all be moaning it's too cold when there's inches of snow around

10 hours ago, chillfactor said:

:lol:

FB_IMG_1639171078382.thumb.jpg.aa0bdee67f026b47e0d4ac744445bdd8.jpg

9 hours ago, welder said:

Couldn't agree more, Phil. It's verging on cruelty to land a fish and use an unhooking mat or cradle in these current temperatures. Do all the necessary while still in the water and as quickly as possible.

I honestly don't want to fish the lake right now, there is very little shade. The mat even after soaking before putting a fish on it is still going to be warm.

Sky would be miles too hot.

FB_IMG_1657867573806.jpg

I cut a trip short last week it was just too hot, couldn't find the fish anywhere only the odd pasty in open water, the proper ones were obviously hiding deep in snags, no early morning shows, no crashing out, seemed dead.

I'm not even starting the prebaiting until this hot period has passed, gonna have a break and have a dabble for perch on the river instead.

1 hour ago, kevtaylor said:

I cut a trip short last week it was just too hot, couldn't find the fish anywhere only the odd pasty in open water, the proper ones were obviously hiding deep in snags, no early morning shows, no crashing out, seemed dead.

I'm not even starting the prebaiting until this hot period has passed, gonna have a break and have a dabble for perch on the river instead.

I've been up in Norfolk pulling nights on The Wensum after seeing a couple of barbel just before I joined The Syndicate and while getting over the 'to-do' on Alton.

Hard work although a friend has kept me in touch with the river, and had a couple to 9lb.

That is small compared to the fish I saw in the area.

Really hard fishing as there are so few fish left due to otters taking many of the fish, including barbel and chub.

On 12/07/2022 at 21:44, Highy said:

I'm next out wc 8th August....any day fishing is better than anything. 

I'm not a sun lover to be honest...love the shade....but god help me at weekend finishing the Pergola 🥵🥵

Today was a way to hot 1 for fishing....instead....

20220716_182306.thumb.jpg.2ba34f6fe2e1480d63c1dc5ae67c7704.jpg

Roof on...2 sides batoned and varnished, only left side to do...paint the decking grey, then all done, hot tub in, water in.....Bosh I'm in.