July Catch Reports

elmoputney

1 hour ago, ouchthathurt said:

This lakes been really kind to me, the 8lb was the smallest I’ve had by 10lb. I had the biggest winter 2019, 31lb and ounces. 69017699-C133-4828-93EC-6F217D24F6D8.thumb.jpeg.dd35154c5bc3b974660073d51e0aba06.jpeg

Well that’s ok if you want to catch a 30 , personally I’m still “ enjoying the journey “ as Nick would say .

😢

15 hours ago, finchey said:

I'm thinking of doing 24hrs Sunday, if I can be bothered sorting my gear tomorrow, I'm in one of those can't get the motivation to go fishing at the moment moods, I'm just not feeling it, if I can make the effort I know I'll enjoy when I get on the bank. 😁👍

It is meant to be really hot tomorrow I think, 

I'm taking the youngest to a junior session for a couple of hours, I took my eldest after school this week to the local mudpool, it was literally a bite a chuck, she caught roach, rudd,perch, skimmers, chub, a small baby barbel,small tench, and a 2lb bream, we used some cheese string to catch the barbel, next time I take her we are going to use different baits to try and catch the bigger ones lol 

15 hours ago, finchey said:

I'm thinking of doing 24hrs Sunday, if I can be bothered sorting my gear tomorrow, I'm in one of those can't get the motivation to go fishing at the moment moods, I'm just not feeling it, if I can make the effort I know I'll enjoy when I get on the bank. 😁👍

It is meant to be really hot tomorrow I think, 

I'm taking the youngest to a junior session for a couple of hours, I took my eldest after school this week to the local mudpool, it was literally a bite a chuck, she caught roach, rudd,perch, skimmers, chub, a small baby barbel,small tench, and a 2lb bream, we used some cheese string to catch the barbel, next time I take her we are going to use different baits to try and catch the bigger ones lol 

5 hours ago, crusian said:

Well that’s ok if you want to catch a 30 , personally I’m still “ enjoying the journey “ as Nick would say .

😢

The journey is what it’s all about mate! I just love catching carp (and bass) size doesn’t matter to me, it’s being out on the bank living the dream! 

Got home, from zombie sheep lake this morning early as I had to call the water company as they had “noticed an increase in our usage” after explaining that I haven’t installed a hot tub/swimming pool and that I am not holding playboy bunnies pool parties every weekend, (the wife might get annoyed!) they informed me that my daily water usage is 900L a DAY!! I did a few tests they told me to carry out which proved there is a significant leak in the water main feeding my house, so they have to come dig up the road… 🙄🙄 after the shock I felt I better go relax, so went to a local pond to freeline a mixer or 2. Lost a small mirror in the pads after it skilfully transferred my hook from it lip to the nearest stem then caught this little chap. 66DE96B7-85C4-438F-B1E1-FA6DEC5FD210.thumb.jpeg.919a10fc68f77431a8649e4d53cad2b3.jpeghe proper nailed the mixer, it was a forceps job about 1.5” back! 

2 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

Got home, from zombie sheep lake this morning early as I had to call the water company as they had “noticed an increase in our usage” after explaining that I haven’t installed a hot tub/swimming pool and that I am not holding playboy bunnies pool parties every weekend, (the wife might get annoyed!) they informed me that my daily water usage is 900L a DAY!! I did a few tests they told me to carry out which proved there is a significant leak in the water main feeding my house, so they have to come dig up the road… 🙄🙄 after the shock I felt I better go relax, so went to a local pond to freeline a mixer or 2. Lost a small mirror in the pads after it skilfully transferred my hook from it lip to the nearest stem then caught this little chap. 66DE96B7-85C4-438F-B1E1-FA6DEC5FD210.thumb.jpeg.919a10fc68f77431a8649e4d53cad2b3.jpeghe proper nailed the mixer, it was a forceps job about 1.5” back! 

Gulp ! .

Sounds like the leak is not on your land so you are covered  ? .

I’m looking forward to reading that everything is resolved with no expense to you , Ouch .

😃

8 hours ago, Highy said:

Little en has had about a thousand roach n rudd...plus 8lb common 

Screenshot_20220710-000923_Gallery.thumb.jpg.c11b0f5901400111042415a73bfee844.jpg

Screenshot_20220710-000935_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5ed6fbaa33984a086d9cbca764d6e874.jpg

Mate nipped to loo (literally behind us)...his rod ripped off 15lb 6oz

Screenshot_20220710-000949_Gallery.thumb.jpg.f7bbc1d0283e8258fd57ce515637ca4d.jpg

All quiet so far.

The future England Goalie is a stylish lad , unlike his Dad ! 😄 .

So when I go fishing with a mate I slip something in his coffee , and “ look after “ his rod while he dashes to the toilet ? .

🤔

3 fish this evening in 3 hours, though only one carp, around 7lbs. The other two were tench at around four and one pound each.

No photos as fished on light leger gear (8lb line to 4lb hooklink, size 14 barbless), no mat, unhooked in net and returned.

Homemade groundbait (vitalin, cornmeal and fishmeal 50/25/25) with 2mm pellets treated with molasses on the 1oz method feeder. A few dead maggots and castors over them.

Great fun on light gear.

• 2 weeks later...

Took the little ones today for 3 hours at lunch, few roach and bream on the pole before we hooked into an elastic snapping carp, then we got the old okuma vibe out and started targeting the carp that we got feeding in the edge, it's a bit of a runs place but I think we found some of the bigger ones and got them going, my eldest caught her first carp, I didn't have a net big enough so had to run round the bank to borrow a bigger not big enough net 😂 we lost a couple more to hook pulls(size 14) but float fishing in the margins is amazing fun (I might have a go when I get a free hour) they loved my pellet mix, as soon as it went in they were on it and some bigger ones than the one we caught too, but there is first carp and first carp, she played this one in all by herself too, i guestimated 16lb but so proud she seems to be a natural specimen hunter already, youngest took the photo, happy days IMG_20220729_152752.thumb.jpg.76144f9ad9408e6a147d898e285e3186.jpg 

11 minutes ago, commonly said:

Nice one. Memories like that are priceless mate. 

I'm hoping to get my youngest catching one or two next week. I've got all week to bag one. 

She's over the moon with it, It was so exciting seeing those fish coming in 3 or 4 strong and just going tails up on the bait, and just seeing the old float getting bashed about, makes my normal style of fishing seem a little boring😂 Infact it's about a mile from my house, I might start enjoying an evening of float fishing every now and again I think, greys stalker rod, crystal waggler pellet mix, lovely stuff 

Enjoy your hols mate hope you bag some nice memories