July Catch Reports

elmoputney

IMG_20220702_202620_694.thumb.jpg.66f3cce333443e5a83b8bc744358e8b5.jpg

Where do I start, arrived at a relatively quiet lake, bucketed the usual swim as it was free went for a walk round, decided I had a decent chance, got my rods set up LH Ronnie, middle rod multi rig and rh rod solid bag,after pulting quite a lot of boilies out I chucked them out, LH rod is my banker rod and it went out sweet, middle rod was another story about 15 before I was happy, bag rod 1st cast bad, got a birds nest and had to set it up again after handlining the rig back in, redid it happy enough with it, so I was fairly surprised to get a bite within a couple of hours, even more surprising was it was a belter and a new PB, 

Happy days and there is still time for another, come on the carps 

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Where do I start, arrived at a relatively quiet lake, bucketed the usual swim as it was free went for a walk round, decided I had a decent chance, got my rods set up LH Ronnie, middle rod multi rig and rh rod solid bag,after pulting quite a lot of boilies out I chucked them out, LH rod is my banker rod and it went out sweet, middle rod was another story about 15 before I was happy, bag rod 1st cast bad, got a birds nest and had to set it up again after handlining the rig back in, redid it happy enough with it, so I was fairly surprised to get a bite within a couple of hours, even more surprising was it was a belter and a new PB, 

Nice fish elmo well done mate 😁👍

8 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Thats defo no Rudd !  Great looking fish Elmo and a new PB  👏

Just lost one in a far from epic boat battle, it had just got too far in the weed and didn't want to budge so out I had too go😳 

2 boats in my swim I went for the small one,never again lol, got out to the fish and it came free but the boat just kept spinning round if I hadn't snapped my net spreader block on the way out I may have got it in the net but on one of my rotations it managed to free it self and leave my hook in the pads, it wasn't a monster luckily, but I think captain pugwash is safe for now 😳😁

On 03/07/2022 at 09:58, elmoputney said:

Just lost one in a far from epic boat battle, it had just got too far in the weed and didn't want to budge so out I had too go😳 

2 boats in my swim I went for the small one,never again lol, got out to the fish and it came free but the boat just kept spinning round if I hadn't snapped my net spreader block on the way out I may have got it in the net but on one of my rotations it managed to free it self and leave my hook in the pads, it wasn't a monster luckily, but I think captain pugwash is safe for now 😳😁

Savage.

The best/worst boat battle I ever had was on a syndi in Northants. Got the take and it weeded me up real bad. Did my best to free it but it just wasn't happening. Got the boat out and it took me through 2 anglers lines so had to get them both involved. Weed-bed to weed-bed, a right merry dance. Half hour later up popped...... an 8 lb common 🙈🤣

2 hours ago, yonny said:

Savage.

The best/worst boat battle I ever had was on a syndi in Northants. Got the take and it weeded me up real bad. Did my best to free it but it just wasn't happening. Got the boat out and it took me through 2 anglers lines so had to get them both involved. Weed-bed to weed-bed, a right merry dance. Half hour later up popped...... an 8 lb common 🙈🤣

Brilliant, I have often find it's those smaller ones that cause the most trouble, that one yesterday wasn't a big one, I estimated mid double but it didn't half cause me some grief😁

Biggest regret I didn't take the time to really check out my spot as I hadn't put my Polaroids on, maybe next time I'll chuck a rig over there and need to retrieve it 😏

On 02/07/2022 at 20:38, elmoputney said:

Wonderful looking fish Elmo , remarkably similar to Kev’s capture last month .

congrats matey 👍🏻

Lovely fish mate. Good angling. Congratulations 🎣👏

Proper looking fish that.

Congratulations 🎊 

On 02/07/2022 at 21:38, elmoputney said:

I don’t know what impresses me most , the lovely dark carp , or your serious Carper look , Elmo ? .

😃

7 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

Lovely fish Elmo, very well done! 

I’m all set up for another overnighter, anyone else out tonight? 

I'm thinking of doing 24hrs Sunday, if I can be bothered sorting my gear tomorrow, I'm in one of those can't get the motivation to go fishing at the moment moods, I'm just not feeling it, if I can make the effort I know I'll enjoy when I get on the bank. 😁👍