Banksticks

Ok thanks for all your replies suggestions and insights.

cost is not Really an issue though of course nobody likes to spend more than they have to to get the job done .

I narrowed it down to 3 and as I really want  some Black ones so choices were limited that I could find . The ones I found that had no horrendous reviews ( even the Century Neville’s) were…

Matrix Blackouts 

Fox quick release sticks

and the Jag Prolites .

Rightly or wrongly Ive plumped for the fox QR’s . I took into account the (massive) little add ons like stage stands , stabilisers etc that I’ll want eventually and found Fox to be most cost effective plus there’s a Tommy bar type thing concealed in each stick .

Also as somebody has suggested a second hand drill might come in handy 😊

Time will tell …

Edited by newmarket

21 hours ago, framey said:

taska made some good stuff 

I have a few bits of theirs 

I did actually consider some Carpy green sticks by Taska (£10 a pop) but in the end decided to buy twice instead of 3 times 🙄

I've just splashed out on Jag Prolite 2 Plus 1 buzz bars, 6 bank sticks and stabilisers, plus if I don't want to use those set-ups I also got the compact pod base which works with all the other stuff.  Basically this covers all situations I'm likely to face: singles, 2 rod bars, 3 rod bars or pod all in one compact case which fits in my rucksack.

Very pricey but I'm worth it lol

On 06/07/2022 at 16:41, kevtaylor said:

Very pricey but I'm worth it lol

That’s how I’ve been looking at it as well .

At least that and making sure all this stuff iv been buying arrives on my early (shift) week so I’m home before the Mrs ☺️.

8 minutes ago, newmarket said:

That’s how I’ve been looking at it as well .

At least that and making sure all this stuff iv been buying arrives on my early (shift) week so I’m home before the Mrs ☺️.

True mate, I'm at an age where my kids are grown up, I can do what I want and fishing is what I do.  I had the same pod for 25+ years so a long overdue upgrade is how I saw it - no regrets.

You only get one life as @thecarpcatcher would say! 

Good luck hiding your goodies 😂