Which is the best Back Lead?

I must admit I am not a fan of backleads, to me the only place to use them is to keep lines away from boats.

I have used them in the past to keep lines down in tight swims, but noticed indication was much reduced.

Captive backleads are probably the best way to not lose them as long as they do drop off on the take or as you lift the rod up.

I used to add and screw in Solar Indicator clips to a slightly drilled out 1oz inline lead, and a small closed steel screw eye then along came Gardner Captive backleads, which solved my problems with boaties.

50 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

If using backleads, I tend to go for the lightest flying backleads I can get away with 

Gardner do some quite nice tungsten ones, that have got a concave end so they fly back up the line, 

If non flying I just use the normal ones as light as I can, just to help get the line out the way, but I only use them if I think my lines might need extra concealment and I'm fishing fairly slack close in