June Catch Reports

Golden Paws

The forecast for yesterday was rain, really heavy rain and I hoped the forecasters were wrong. They weren't! Got to my local days only park lake at 10a.m. and decided to fill it in with the spod as that has produced in the past at this time of year. I fished until 5 p.m. with only 3 shorts beeps although the day was still pretty mild and dry. On 5p.m. the heavens opened and almost immediately I had a screamer which was a Common on 12-14. I lost another one about 10 minutes later before a Mirror of 18-2 and then within the hour another Common of about 7lb. I had several savage line bites but despite being allowed on until 9:30p.m., I packed up before 9 as rain was pouring down my back as my waterproofs weren't up to it! They are in a bucket after the hosepipe wash waiting for my missus to finish her washing before it goes in for a reproofing cycle. The brolly is drying in the garage waiting for proper cleaning and proofing as although it didn't leak, it's heavy and damp. The lake does have a habit of producing last thing and is close enough for shorter sessions and might get there later next time.

8 hours ago, Golden Paws said:

The forecast for yesterday was rain, really heavy rain and I hoped the forecasters were wrong. They weren't! Got to my local days only park lake at 10a.m. and decided to fill it in with the spod as that has produced in the past at this time of year. I fished until 5 p.m. with only 3 shorts beeps although the day was still pretty mild and dry. On 5p.m. the heavens opened and almost immediately I had a screamer which was a Common on 12-14. I lost another one about 10 minutes later before a Mirror of 18-2 and then within the hour another Common of about 7lb. I had several savage line bites but despite being allowed on until 9:30p.m., I packed up before 9 as rain was pouring down my back as my waterproofs weren't up to it! They are in a bucket after the hosepipe wash waiting for my missus to finish her washing before it goes in for a reproofing cycle. The brolly is drying in the garage waiting for proper cleaning and proofing as although it didn't leak, it's heavy and damp. The lake does have a habit of producing last thing and is close enough for shorter sessions and might get there later next time.

Well done  , Golden Paws .

Personally I would have stayed home , and kept all my kit dry , which is why I don't catch much ! ; you're obviously made of sterner stuff .

😃

On 06/06/2022 at 09:30, Golden Paws said:

Well done mate . I remember the days of the 3 short beeps …used to drive me up the wall .

• 2 weeks later...

Did 24 hours on Wednesday and as soon as I got there, fish were spawning which didn't bode well. Luckily it only lasted for about 10 minutes. The lake I fished is a series of bays with an island in front of you. Some smaller fish were in the bays and I could get so close to them, I could have practically touched them. On a few occasions the reeds in the margins rattled, a ripple pattern appeared as they swim under my rods that were sticking out and the opposite reeds started rattling. I did lose one fish during the heat of the day but didn't hear any fish bosh during the night, which is unusual for this lake. All in all a blank but unfortunately when you have to book time off work weeks in advance, you're stuck with what the weather throws at you.

With the weather forecast showing rain Saturday and temps in the mid teens after Friday a scorching 30 degrees it seemed perfect for me - and maybe a bite, I felt I had to give it a go.

An early start Saturday was rewarded with 2 fish - one late morning and another early evening.  This cracker was the bigger of the two. 

Screenshot_20220619-144001_Gallery.thumb.jpg.13ce2d10eebf2d8fe3babf6bd46631f0.jpg

16 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

With the weather forecast showing rain Saturday and temps in the mid teens after Friday a scorching 30 degrees it seemed perfect for me - and maybe a bite, I felt I had to give it a go.

An early start Saturday was rewarded with 2 fish - one late morning and another early evening.  This cracker was the bigger of the two. 

Screenshot_20220619-144001_Gallery.thumb.jpg.13ce2d10eebf2d8fe3babf6bd46631f0.jpg

Lovely fish Kev.

Hope you were safely home before the lightening and the rain ? .

😃

Work still getting in the way of angling but after smashing 10hrs in work in this silly heat matey boy phoned to see if I fancied a few hours on one of our more characteristic waters to see out the solstice how could I refuse 😬

Light gear was the order of the day on this small tree lined deep pool 

Rod,net and bread was all that was needed for this torpedo that dove deep in the 30ft+ water and really put a bend in the 1 1/4 TC rod and 6lb line. Great fun with a mate as the sun went down 😬😎🎣

DE47467E-B8AC-4824-8AE3-62E4C35A0BC8.jpeg

Just had a double take, one was a 5lb eel!! 😳😳😳 he was promptly returned, the other was a 23lb 3oz common so I gathered the photographers, lifted the sling onto the mat, unveiled her in all her majesty, held her up for the first pic… when she decided enough was enough and she leapt out of my arms and into the pond, unphotographed… our combined laughter soon rang out over the East Sussex countryside… 

16 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

Just had a double take, one was a 5lb eel!! 😳😳😳 he was promptly returned, the other was a 23lb 3oz common so I gathered the photographers, lifted the sling onto the mat, unveiled her in all her majesty, held her up for the first pic… when she decided enough was enough and she leapt out of my arms and into the pond, unphotographed… our combined laughter soon rang out over the East Sussex countryside… 

i can beat for foul hooked had a big pike on my deeper took it like a surface lure hung on to it until the edge too, tell ya if i could surface lure fish and catch like that i'd be a happy angler. 

Had my first carp from the new water, it was with the deeper finding areas to fish found some loveshallowkow bars out in the middle fished chods for nods on all three rods due to the silk weed, got a bit happy with the large spomb and put 4 kilo of bait out.

around the 24 mark on my prologic scales.

289084939_135687515764644_8595898531822728168_n.jpg

20 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

I had one last weekend, not as big of course , that jumped out of the net a lot quicker than I got it in there .

I quickly looked around to see if anyone had seen 😳😊.

Congrats Ouchy , sounds like a fine fish 👍🏻

have only managed to get out once this month but it was the solstice so a nice relaxing recharge on a day ticket, still new to carp fishing but sticking with it and used a few different rigs during the day to test them out. got this beauty early on but did lose one in the afternoon which was a bummer but taught me to not faff about too much when playing a big fish. have worked out my feeder game is still on point but need to adapt it a bit better for targetting carp and also have realised i am useless with rigging pop-ups but finding this forum a great inspiration so cheers all.

no idea of the weight as never weigh my fish just do it for the challenge and the fun but this one has stood out as thie first time i have caught one off my own rigs so really pleased with my little self.

to those who have been on this forum for a good few years i thank you all as this place has becopme a virtual library for me :)

20220621_102505.jpg

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

IMG_20220702_202620_694.thumb.jpg.66f3cce333443e5a83b8bc744358e8b5.jpg

Where do I start, arrived at a relatively quiet lake, bucketed the usual swim as it was free went for a walk round, decided I had a decent chance, got my rods set up LH Ronnie, middle rod multi rig and rh rod solid bag,after pulting quite a lot of boilies out I chucked them out, LH rod is my banker rod and it went out sweet, middle rod was another story about 15 before I was happy, bag rod 1st cast bad, got a birds nest and had to set it up again after handlining the rig back in, redid it happy enough with it, so I was fairly surprised to get a bite within a couple of hours, even more surprising was it was a belter and a new PB, 

Happy days and there is still time for another, come on the carps 

Excellent feeling getting your pb ( I think I can just about remember that far back 🙄), nice old warrior by the look of it. 

BTW it's July mate. Cracker..!