Nice legs shame about the face !

May was a write off for me angling wise the dreaded 60hr wks kicked in at work and while it may be good for fishing tokens it’s not good for bank time.

The 4 day break seen me do a Thursday overnight on a local club water that’s a very small snaggy mixed fishery that also has a handful of cats. Picked up matey boy and a quick trip to the local tackle shop and a leisurely drive to the lake we was up and fishing for dinner time. I had to be home to pick the daughter up from Uni Friday dinner so the plan was to catch whatever swam throughout the day and target the bigger girls through the nite. It was a pleasant day t-shirt weather and silvers,bream and a small carp graced our nets but i lost a decent tench to one of the many snags in this tight little pool.

The forecast rain started a bit earlier than hoped so 2 swims was baited heavily with pellet maize hemp and some old salmon trimmings frozen from a few months ago and the lot had a good glug of fish oil and a couple handfuls of krill active hook bait was a 26mm moggy muncher bottom bait and 20mm squid and scopex flouro pop up to a simple  size 4 strong hook 35lb coated braid running rig,traps set game on as we retreated to our beds as the rain intensified. 853F2E3D-0C16-41CC-8D8A-BAD3BCBEA7F0.thumb.png.6b28a45af03a6cb7cefb8e5cfe7dff53.pngThe rain carried on but it was a warm still night and the odd beep kept us both awake for the first hour into dark before drifting off to sleep.

BEEEEEEEPPPPPPPP a one toner at 1am as line flew off the open spool and I was up in a flash and hanging on as the rod bent double as an angry cat sought sanctuary in a fallen tree. Mate woke up and put his waterproofs on and then proceeded to take the mick for the next 15 mins as I did battle in my t shirt and boxer shorts 🙄

Given how tight and snaggy the pool is id like to say what an epic heart in the mouth battle it was but barring a 10 second drama where everything went solid as it found the fallen tree steady pressure soon got it out and most of the fight was done in open water thankfully as it gave me a great battle and fought every inch to the net 😎F361218B-C2AD-40EC-8827-7F337EA3C080.thumb.jpeg.f28ecc44cffdf33feee968d61d7bfae6.jpeg

A quick smoke and dry off while the fish rested and it was weighed and pics time 27,7 it went and the third biggest in the pool I’ve been told so I was more than happy with that. Sadly nothing else the rest of the night but after a dry off and fresh clothes i lay on my bed with a big smile on my face still buzzing off the battle and didn’t drop off till 1st light which made me have a very rushed pack up to go and get the daughter 🙄🙄 but thankfully she understands my addiction to fishing and didn’t mind me turning up stinking of fish and the car full of sodden fishing kit 🤣🤣

Think that’s me now till the rivers open as the dreaded work kicks in again so hopefully can get amongst the barbel and chub on The Severn. Thanks for reading. 🙄😎🎣

50 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

May was a write off for me angling wise the dreaded 60hr wks kicked in at work and while it may be good for fishing tokens it’s not good for bank time.

The 4 day break seen me do a Thursday overnight on a local club water that’s a very small snaggy mixed fishery that also has a handful of cats. Picked up matey boy and a quick trip to the local tackle shop and a leisurely drive to the lake we was up and fishing for dinner time. I had to be home to pick the daughter up from Uni Friday dinner so the plan was to catch whatever swam throughout the day and target the bigger girls through the nite. It was a pleasant day t-shirt weather and silvers,bream and a small carp graced our nets but i lost a decent tench to one of the many snags in this tight little pool.

The forecast rain started a bit earlier than hoped so 2 swims was baited heavily with pellet maize hemp and some old salmon trimmings frozen from a few months ago and the lot had a good glug of fish oil and a couple handfuls of krill active hook bait was a 26mm moggy muncher bottom bait and 20mm squid and scopex flouro pop up to a simple  size 4 strong hook 35lb coated braid running rig,traps set game on as we retreated to our beds as the rain intensified. 853F2E3D-0C16-41CC-8D8A-BAD3BCBEA7F0.thumb.png.6b28a45af03a6cb7cefb8e5cfe7dff53.pngThe rain carried on but it was a warm still night and the odd beep kept us both awake for the first hour into dark before drifting off to sleep.

BEEEEEEEPPPPPPPP a one toner at 1am as line flew off the open spool and I was up in a flash and hanging on as the rod bent double as an angry cat sought sanctuary in a fallen tree. Mate woke up and put his waterproofs on and then proceeded to take the mick for the next 15 mins as I did battle in my t shirt and boxer shorts 🙄

Given how tight and snaggy the pool is id like to say what an epic heart in the mouth battle it was but barring a 10 second drama where everything went solid as it found the fallen tree steady pressure soon got it out and most of the fight was done in open water thankfully as it gave me a great battle and fought every inch to the net 😎F361218B-C2AD-40EC-8827-7F337EA3C080.thumb.jpeg.f28ecc44cffdf33feee968d61d7bfae6.jpeg

A quick smoke and dry off while the fish rested and it was weighed and pics time 27,7 it went and the third biggest in the pool I’ve been told so I was more than happy with that. Sadly nothing else the rest of the night but after a dry off and fresh clothes i lay on my bed with a big smile on my face still buzzing off the battle and didn’t drop off till 1st light which made me have a very rushed pack up to go and get the daughter 🙄🙄 but thankfully she understands my addiction to fishing and didn’t mind me turning up stinking of fish and the car full of sodden fishing kit 🤣🤣

Think that’s me now till the rivers open as the dreaded work kicks in again so hopefully can get amongst the barbel and chub on The Severn. Thanks for reading. 🙄😎🎣

Nice write up and fish…But I’m very surprised that you’re pic got past the mods 😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/06/2022 at 13:12, B B said:

Nice write up and fish…But I’m very surprised that you’re pic got past the mods 😉

It's only the t-shirt flap covering his modesty that meant I let it run.

At least he is not hanging out in front of a sign saying 'no nuts'...