Help Best way to take fish selfies with phone and tripod

carpyian

IMHO the only way to take trophy shots is using an intervalometer. Yes you get loads of unusable shots which you simply delete. You then get to choose the best from the rest. If you are are only using a phone try this app camera FV-5 Don't forget to keep the bloopers as well.

1793715227_slappedbycarp.jpg.97ba2d1e0335c4c16beb46f30f0eaecd.jpg

Edited by carpepecheur

I am not familiar with Panasonic cameras but I am fairly sure it has a time lapse facility. This is very similar to an intervalometer.

It will be a lot easier to use and far more versatile than any add on self-take kits with clamps and wires and bulbs etc.

Regarding quality for basic trophy shots, you want the biggest sensor you can afford with a good kit lens. (I was under the impression you were talking about selfies on a 'phone)

1 minute ago, carpepecheur said:

I am not familiar with Panasonic cameras but I am fairly sure it has a time lapse facility. This is very similar to an intervalometer.

It will be a lot easier to use and far more versatile than any add on self-take kits with clamps and wires and bulbs etc.

Regarding quality for basic trophy shots, you want the biggest sensor you can afford with a good kit lens. (I was under the impression you were talking about selfies on a 'phone)

i was on my phone for years now but thought id get a camera to make it easier im hoping 

From an angling point of view, I would not take a very expensive camera into the hostile environment a lakeside represents and use it in close proximity to a wild animal intent on returning to that environment.

Bigger cameras are heavier and need heavier tripods where as a ‘phone goes in the shirt pocket.

However, if your intention is to enter the world of photography then that is a whole different ballgame and loads of fun. Enjoy.

(But DO take a look at the time lapse option)

3 hours ago, carpepecheur said:

I would not take a very expensive camera into the hostile environment

I can understand that sentiment. I think I paid about £300 for my camera about 10 years ago so it's not expensive but I wouldn't want to fork out unnecessarily for another one. I keep my camera in a bag in my rucksack and inside a zip and seal sandwich bag that keeps any stray moisture out. I quite often take scenic and sunrise/sunsets shots on my camera that a mobile would struggle to do justice. It's also easier to be more create with the flash and cheaper camera's or mobile phones automatically try to flood the scene with light.