newbie to some degree

been a maggot drowner for a good few years, accidently caught my first carp and have now decided its the way to go. often go fishing with my daughter (12) and between us we are figuring out all of the new tackle and rigs. based in Suffolk and use a few venues around Waveney.

this little beauty and the fight have made me change tack to targetting carp

20211015_131429.jpg

sounds good, we try a few different waters as still finding my feet in all of this, have gone from float and method feeder set ups to learning to tie my own rigs it has been huge fun. still set up one rod on float for tench/bream but have now started sticking out a carp rod away from my daughters pole rig and very loose catapult and caught a few good size carp.

i have to admit it is fun getting an indication and watching the reel go nuts :)

21 hours ago, barry211 said:

sounds good, we try a few different waters as still finding my feet in all of this, have gone from float and method feeder set ups to learning to tie my own rigs it has been huge fun. still set up one rod on float for tench/bream but have now started sticking out a carp rod away from my daughters pole rig and very loose catapult and caught a few good size carp.

i have to admit it is fun getting an indication and watching the reel go nuts :)

Try Hinderclay lakes. Stuart is a good guy, very good fishery manager and cares for his fish and the angler's.

just checked it out and round the corner as well, usually go to Marsh Trail Lakes but testing Aldeby out during half term for a full day to see how we get on

1 minute ago, newmarket said:

That fish doesn’t appear to have much mouth left …. Or I’m more visually impaired than I originally thought .

Good luck to you buddy , welcome to the forum.

i noticed when i caught it, luckily the venue i was at had some lads in a bivvy near my swim so legged it for a dab of carp care and they helped out as i was not expecting to catch it as targetting bream at the time but loved the fight it gave