May catch reports

Its-grim-up-north

Just got back from a great 3 night social at Trent View, 2 nights in the Bay pegs 6/7, last night in the Hut Swim.

The first day was a slow steady set up including  cook/social tent - the full works lol and enjoying some good bbq.

As evening drew near an unexpected weather front moved in and that spelled the end of our chilled vibe and the start of a run of frantic action.

It rained all night and the action never stopped - I got zero sleep but by midday we finished up with 15 fish, 11 for me - I was truly knackered but buzzing we had both caught.

We spent the rest of the day wowing at the results so far, prepping and hoping for a repeat the following night.  Whilst I lost a fish to a hook pull early evening - that was the last of the action - the fish left the bay soon after not to return and we actually got some sleep but by morning we were disappointed that the second night was a bust - but hopeful that a change of scene would restart our little run.

The last day in the main bowl started with confidence with a big S/W wind smashing in - we were on fish again and over all rods but as the temps dropped they backed off us and did the off.

Overall a great trip, fab venue,  will be back for sure!

Somehow I have no pics of the first 4 of my fish and the quality of the remaining pics of mine were so bad that I ended up sacking the cameraman completely and doing self takes, fortunately the last few fish were the best. 🤣👍

Screenshot_20220519-150205_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9cde0d65f55ba33b92777b8e76c978c7.jpg

Screenshot_20220520-225110_Gallery.thumb.jpg.89cc8a256fa205aa48def64dec86ecaf.jpgScreenshot_20220521-134842_Gallery.thumb.jpg.03cd0945fc0456c175498655c8faf474.jpg

1 hour ago, kevtaylor said:

Just got back from a great 3 night social at Trent View, 2 nights in the Bay pegs 6/7, last night in the Hut Swim.

The first day was a slow steady set up including  cook/social tent - the full works lol and enjoying some good bbq.

As evening drew near an unexpected weather front moved in and that spelled the end of our chilled vibe and the start of a run of frantic action.

It rained all night and the action never stopped - I got zero sleep but by midday we finished up with 15 fish, 11 for me - I was truly knackered but buzzing we had both caught.

We spent the rest of the day wowing at the results so far, prepping and hoping for a repeat the following night.  Whilst I lost a fish to a hook pull early evening - that was the last of the action - the fish left the bay soon after not to return and we actually got some sleep but by morning we were disappointed that the second night was a bust - but hopeful that a change of scene would restart our little run.

The last day in the main bowl started with confidence with a big S/W wind smashing in - we were on fish again and over all rods but as the temps dropped they backed off us and did the off.

Overall a great trip, fab venue,  will be back for sure!

Somehow I have no pics of the first 4 of my fish and the quality of the remaining pics of mine were so bad that I ended up sacking the cameraman completely and doing self takes, fortunately the last few fish were the best. 🤣👍

Screenshot_20220519-150205_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9cde0d65f55ba33b92777b8e76c978c7.jpg

Screenshot_20220520-225110_Gallery.thumb.jpg.89cc8a256fa205aa48def64dec86ecaf.jpgScreenshot_20220521-134842_Gallery.thumb.jpg.03cd0945fc0456c175498655c8faf474.jpg

Nice Kev , very nice indeed 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, yonny said:

Win some lose some mate. If the carp aint in front of you you're not going to catch them. How did the others get on?

Busy stockie slaying.... think they've had ten carp between them , all recent stockies & few tench . We knew where some better fish were but couldn't get on them. 

(NO PICTURES FOR THIS SESSION DUE TO PHONE PROVIDER ISSUES)

Arrived at the lake yesterday about 2pm....Not Spawned yet....was absolutely rammed....me n mate found 2 pegs right in far corner were hardly any one fishes so we both had a look see who we think was doing the night, looked mainly like day anglers.

So we both just had 1 rod each on a Zig, with in 5 mins mates ripped off and was 13lb on the nose....not a sniff me all day on zig....got to about 7pm and all started to pack away so we moved round to the far bank and there was 5 for the night including us 2.

We were on the same 2 pegs as we fished last time out (13 fish)....so we did the same tactics 1 rod each on a patch 12 rods out, 1 down the sides....mate had 1 about 9pm 12lb 6oz....then quiet until about 11pm when the rain started all night until about 4am this morning, 5am I had a take from the margin, felt a decent fish, played it into land only for the hook to pull about 2ft from netting....was gutted.

So it ended mate on 2, I lost 1....

BUT.....the worst thing was that the Sonik AXS Bivvy had 2 leaks during the night in the rain....Sonik have had a few pictures, Video and a not happy email...its only been used 11 times from New and was only its 2nd use without overwrap....not even 12month old.

The new reels performed well, very happy with them.

18 hours ago, Highy said:

(NO PICTURES FOR THIS SESSION DUE TO PHONE PROVIDER ISSUES)

Arrived at the lake yesterday about 2pm....Not Spawned yet....was absolutely rammed....me n mate found 2 pegs right in far corner were hardly any one fishes so we both had a look see who we think was doing the night, looked mainly like day anglers.

So we both just had 1 rod each on a Zig, with in 5 mins mates ripped off and was 13lb on the nose....not a sniff me all day on zig....got to about 7pm and all started to pack away so we moved round to the far bank and there was 5 for the night including us 2.

We were on the same 2 pegs as we fished last time out (13 fish)....so we did the same tactics 1 rod each on a patch 12 rods out, 1 down the sides....mate had 1 about 9pm 12lb 6oz....then quiet until about 11pm when the rain started all night until about 4am this morning, 5am I had a take from the margin, felt a decent fish, played it into land only for the hook to pull about 2ft from netting....was gutted.

So it ended mate on 2, I lost 1....

BUT.....the worst thing was that the Sonik AXS Bivvy had 2 leaks during the night in the rain....Sonik have had a few pictures, Video and a not happy email...its only been used 11 times from New and was only its 2nd use without overwrap....not even 12month old.

The new reels performed well, very happy with them.

The fish are not far off spawning there i think....got the deeper out and about 1/2 rod length out in about 5ft water the fish were stacked in balls of about 20 fish up n down about 7 pegs on both sides of us, looking like pairing up and will donthe deed soon....next time I'm out will be for father's day so hopefully be done by then.