May catch reports

Its-grim-up-north

Now that the pain killers have kicked in and the sciatica has calmed down a gentle day session on a club water was my Church this Sunday. Ended up with two on the ever reliable maggot rig on this boilie and pellet dominated water. 
A cold start to the day but by the afternoon warm and clear sky’s. It killed the fishing but helped with the chilling out part of the session. 😬😎🎣

F77A30EE-2F6A-4C95-9E08-8878DED4F763.png

3CE6BC57-FDCA-44DC-97C6-21E170310417.png

Edited by snowmanstevo

On 09/05/2022 at 11:42, snowmanstevo said:

Now that the pain killers have kicked in and the sciatica has calmed down a gentle day session on a club water was my Church this Sunday. Ended up with two on the ever reliable maggot rig on this boilie and pellet dominated water. 
A cold start to the day but by the afternoon warm and clear sky’s. It killed the fishing but helped with the chilling out part of the session. 😬😎🎣

F77A30EE-2F6A-4C95-9E08-8878DED4F763.png

3CE6BC57-FDCA-44DC-97C6-21E170310417.png

Lovely to see you smiling , and laughing , Stevo ; is that because of your catch or your " happy " pills ? .

😁

2 hours ago, crusian said:

Lovely to see you smiling , and laughing , Stevo ; is that because of your catch or your " happy " pills ? .

😁

You will never ever see me with that hard meaningful stare of ‘I outfoxed this one’ 🤣🤣

Always a smile matey fishing and catching makes me happy as hopefully my pics show.

The happy pills have certainly helped tho !!!! 😬

Thanks,mate.

3 hours ago, snowmanstevo said:

You will never ever see me with that hard meaningful stare of ‘I outfoxed this one’ 🤣🤣

Always a smile matey fishing and catching makes me happy as hopefully my pics show.

The happy pills have certainly helped tho !!!! 😬

Thanks,mate.

That's the way to do it ! .

👍

not a catch report as i didn't catch, but love the new water it's proper wild.

got there midday monday meet Luke the owner he complimented me on the dog liked the look. had a chat and went for a walk around the lake. settled in a peg that was on the wrong side of the wind, if you are being super fussy. it did give me a good view of the centre of the lake, 

I fished boilie only i came to the conclusion i'm going to need to veri things a lot more, one rod will be a particle rod from now on and a zig fished in the same area. the third rod will be a boilie rod, should save a bob on bait if nothing else. 

will get the particle prepared from https://www.carpparticles.co.uk/ very local to me so will be able to pick up fresh, good price too and good reviews, save me messing, i can concentrate on some very select boilies for the third rod.

did see some nice carp over my bait on the second day but i've a feeling such a short braid section on a combi was working against me far too much chod for fluro rigs alone, think it will be a supple multi about six inch on a four inch boom to reset and that. 

Finally I get to join in on a catch report again its been a while, 

not the biggest but a bite and it went like a train, 18lber to kick off 2022 for me though I will take that, I even tried to smile (best of a bad bunch really but self takes can be stressful ) 

28557925_18lb2022.thumb.jpg.edc9fbeec38e3138d43b3d0f58709396.jpg

Edited by elmoputney

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Finally I get to join in on a catch report again its been a while, 

not the biggest but a bite and it went like a train, 18lber to kick off 2022 for me though I will take that, I even tried to smile (best of a bad bunch really but self takes can be stressful ) 

28557925_18lb2022.thumb.jpg.edc9fbeec38e3138d43b3d0f58709396.jpg

Lovely scales on that fish 👍 let’s hope it’s the 1st of many more fish Elmo… and I don’t mead more Rudd  😉

11 minutes ago, B B said:

Lovely scales on that fish 👍 let’s hope it’s the 1st of many more fish Elmo… and I don’t mead more Rudd  😉

Thanks I hope so too I want one of them bigguns this year, and not the rudd 😳 they hang emselves whenever I use a Pva bag it would appear 

Spent the morning helping at our bigger club lake, and squeezed in a quick fish this evening.

The second of two fish, in a couple of hours! First was 7.5 pounds at about 19:30. This one just scraped a double about an hour later. Bits box for soze is just under 10 inches long. Both on naked chods with Handcraft hookbaits pink squid wafters.

image.thumb.jpeg.f94412bc714f535230319b9022f09e67.jpeg