Troll removal

commonly

Your a friendly, I remember your welcome to the nut house or similar. 

That one turns up 2-3 times a year, starts out all nice, seems knowledgeable, then contentious and ends up falling out with whoever it is that responds. Whilst funny at times, he could be very insulting and not really what this place is for. 

I'm lead to believe (no personal experience), that twatter is the place for that kind of keyboard warrior. 

I  replied to one of his posts, then read all 20 posts and reread them.

He fell foul of the swearing rule...

If it was a slip on one post I might have ignored it, but it was on four or five with edits that I wasn't going to do.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/05/2022 at 11:03, salokcinnodrog said:

I  replied to one of his posts, then read all 20 posts and reread them.

He fell foul of the swearing rule...

If it was a slip on one post I might have ignored it, but it was on four or five with edits that I wasn't going to do.

That's why people should read the stickies. 🤔 

I really haven't seen many trolls here as opposed to the other websites I go on. But then again, carp.com people aren't really that trollable (which is a good thing), so I see why. It's good that the troll was delt with. 😁

2 hours ago, Gato_Amigo111 said:

I really haven't seen many trolls here as opposed to the other websites I go on. But then again, carp.com people aren't really that trollable (which is a good thing), so I see why. It's good that the troll was delt with. 😁

mate you of seen it a few years back, all you had to do was make a bold statement such as Mainline are the best boilies ever made and boom five pages ending in talk of a essex mafia stealing recipes.

On 18/05/2022 at 22:12, Gato_Amigo111 said:

At one point it got very nasty, so the other Mods and I got really strict. I was so strict on it for a while it killed the site.

Swears, Threats and insults flying everywhere. Sadly it meant I had to add some words into the censor, which on their own are nothing, like the shortened form of Richard, but it was used as an insult.

We do get a Bank Holiday special every now and again, someone joins or rejoins, starts off alright, then contradicts himself in further posts, gets upset and rude to people pointing this out and fires off.

4 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

At one point it got very nasty, so the other Mods and I got really strict. I was so strict on it for a while it killed the site.

Swears, Threats and insults flying everywhere. Sadly it meant I had to add some words into the censor, which on their own are nothing, like the shortened form of Richard, but it was used as an insult.

We do get a Bank Holiday special every now and again, someone joins or rejoins, starts off alright, then contradicts himself in further posts, gets upset and rude to people pointing this out and fires off.

*cough* *cough* *scratch* 

Nasty mods will kill a site, and I've experienced that myself. You guys are pretty nice, though. 

2 hours ago, Gato_Amigo111 said:

*cough* *cough* *scratch* 

Nasty mods will kill a site, and I've experienced that myself. You guys are pretty nice, though. 

Think it may be more to do with server rules for advertising as to why they are strict on swearing, not a prob for me as it's just extra typing anyhow, provocative posts and subjects... well. 👹

18 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Think it may be more to do with server rules for advertising as to why they are strict on swearing, not a prob for me as it's just extra typing anyhow, provocative posts and subjects... well. 👹

I could go on a rant about how the Scratch Team are evil, but I would probably break whatever character limit carp.com has for a post. for example, their discrimination against groups of people that don't align with their beliefs... I am going to stop myself so I don't sit here and type till the end of the week. The point is, carp.com mods don't do this and that's why they're cool. 😺