Tips for pinning rig down from pva in water

B B

Looking at the bag pic on the Tips for testing PVA in water thread I like that you can’t see the weight and hook length but not happy about the lead free leader 🤔 the spot in the swim on oxlease that I’m fishing tomorrow is usually clean with a sandy bottom 6 ft ish deep and you can see the lake bed….also the carp 😳 I realise that’s once the leader is on the bottom it will hopefully blend in better than in the kitchen bowl but still worried…so im thinking fluorocarbon leader…but then thinking £6 a pop no way 😳 iv got a spool of the Fox illusion fluorocarbon in 20lb it’s 40mm diameter looks better in the side by side pic. Any thoughts will be much appreciated 

AE6CCEEE-3C22-4254-91A1-5C217CCBBE8C.jpeg

Edited by salokcinnodrog
To add the split link

When Rob Hughes dives down to check on rigs for filming, he gets close and then looks for the leadcore or tubing to see where the rig is. I use Korda Safezone leaders and think it's £6 well spent. I also pinched an idea from Martin Bowler and use some lead olivettes on rubber caps that pins the extra metre above the leader for good measure as well.

If you can get hold of em and that’s a big If nowadays Nash Diffusion leaders really do need to be seen to be believed.

On 02/05/2022 at 16:00, snowmanstevo said:

If you can get hold of em and that’s a big If nowadays Nash Diffusion leaders really do need to be seen to be believed.

@nigewoodcock why don’t you do them anymore there very hard to come by nowadays I know the diffusion got renamed D-Cam i think ? But I’ve struggled to get any over the last few years unless you get lucky on flea Bay 

Come on Nige have a word with ya boss !!!!! 🤣🤣😬😎

On 02/05/2022 at 14:20, B B said:

Looking at the bag pic I like that you can’t see the weight and hook length but not happy about the lead free leader 🤔 the spot in the swim on oxlease that I’m fishing tomorrow is usually clean with a sandy bottom 6 ft ish deep and you can see the lake bed….also the carp 😳 I realise that’s once the leader is on the bottom it will hopefully blend in better than in the kitchen bowl but still worried…so im thinking fluorocarbon leader…but then thinking £6 a pop no way 😳 iv got a spool of the Fox illusion fluorocarbon in 20lb it’s 40mm diameter looks better in the side by side pic. Any thoughts will be much appreciated 

AE6CCEEE-3C22-4254-91A1-5C217CCBBE8C.jpeg

Gemini do some fluoro solid bag drop off leaders, they also do a tubing kit with stems and stuff, but I've decided that's too faffy, if I am doing solid bags I'm using leaders from now, i use the Gardner camflex unleaded leader I think it sinks well enough, 

https://www.geminicarptackle.com/shop/100-fluorocarbon-leaders/double-ring-swivel/

On 03/05/2022 at 23:13, elmoputney said:

Gemini do some fluoro solid bag drop off leaders, they also do a tubing kit with stems and stuff, but I've decided that's too faffy, if I am doing solid bags I'm using leaders from now, i use the Gardner camflex unleaded leader I think it sinks well enough, 

https://www.geminicarptackle.com/shop/100-fluorocarbon-leaders/double-ring-swivel/

I’ve used there tidy bag stems 👍

On 02/05/2022 at 16:52, snowmanstevo said:

@nigewoodcock why don’t you do them anymore there very hard to come by nowadays I know the diffusion got renamed D-Cam i think ? But I’ve struggled to get any over the last few years unless you get lucky on flea Bay 

Come on Nige have a word with ya boss !!!!! 🤣🤣😬😎

Can’t get the colour/dye anymore. 
we do the same leader in 3 different colours now. Black, green and clear. The clear one is ace but I prefer the green as it blends in on all types of bottom, green or not. Very similar to the diffusion camo. 
PS I still have a load of the D-cam ones 😉 

11 hours ago, nigewoodcock said:

Can’t get the colour/dye anymore. 
we do the same leader in 3 different colours now. Black, green and clear. The clear one is ace but I prefer the green as it blends in on all types of bottom, green or not. Very similar to the diffusion camo. 
PS I still have a load of the D-cam ones 😉 

I’ve got about 7 diffusion ones left……. I was at Merrington last wk I should of popped in for a brew and a few of your D-Cam ones 🤣🤣🤣

Hope your well,Nige.

3 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

No mate the original ones the diffusion although I believe there two of the same 

I was going to say , the information superhighway is full of em .

No worries mate , was just trying to help 👍🏻