Fish finder pics

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Well so far my mobile approach has meant I've caught on all 3 of my rods 😂

Left bream (a double i should think ) 

Middle tench (quite a big one) 

Right rudd (1lbish)

So at least my spots are OK 

Just need a carp now and I will win the drennan Cup 😁😂

I had a good night sleep, apart from the lost 1 yesterday, not a bleep during night. 

Mat has had 2 mirrors, both about 7lb, also lost 1....

This is what the bottom looks like, luckily not been snagged yet. 

Screenshot_20220423_053646_eu.deeper.fishdeeper.thumb.jpg.e33ad2f99fa9b0e1480ff0f7461284cd.jpg

Screenshot_20220423_053659_eu.deeper.fishdeeper.thumb.jpg.03999989c98f41c9836a16430dff37a9.jpg

Screenshot_20220423_053715_eu.deeper.fishdeeper.thumb.jpg.55ec85e5732c6ba9496a87eb7fb94576.jpg

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

That looks weedy Highy, I can recommend a good weed rake if you want one 👍

It's in between EVERY peg (lilly roots), there's nothing in front of pegs. Or even in the middle, I think when full summer comes it will look quite nice... Like a row of lilly beds inbetween each peg. 

Else where isn't so bad really, I've found 2 clear (ish) spots, 1 in middle and 1 about 2 rod lengths out. 

4 hours ago, Highy said:

I had a good night sleep, apart from the lost 1 yesterday, not a bleep during night. 

Screenshot_20220423_053646_eu.deeper.fishdeeper.thumb.jpg.e33ad2f99fa9b0e1480ff0f7461284cd.jpg

Screenshot_20220423_053659_eu.deeper.fishdeeper.thumb.jpg.03999989c98f41c9836a16430dff37a9.jpg

Screenshot_20220423_053715_eu.deeper.fishdeeper.thumb.jpg.55ec85e5732c6ba9496a87eb7fb94576.jpg

wow that's a lot to take in are those brown mountain looking things lily stems and roots.

Just now, Carpbell_ll said:

wow that's a lot to take in are those brown mountain looking things lily stems and roots.

The Brown are humps I can feel when I was dragging back to feel about, the green is the roots coming through.... Looks bad but its not as bad as I thought, but I'm not fishing in it, I'm fishing before/off em. 

12 hours ago, Highy said:

Looks like zigs would of produced bites .... 3 zigs on that patrol height 🎣😁

Cheating mind 😇🤣🙈

12 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

No wonder you blanked then mate.... this points out the exact reason I don't use any gadgets in my fishing.  

If I would of had that info & not been able to fish zigs .... would of done my head right in 🙈

That what it did to me, had to try and find some clear (ish) spots for the pop ups... 

17 hours ago, Highy said:

I found these quite interesting, although compared to looking down from a boat or in chesties quite weird.

I spend quite a lot of time on the bank and in the water trying to learn my syndicate lake, and sadly Deepers and drones are banned so we have to do it the hard way. Even using the boat is a 'naughty' except to free snagged or weeded fish, and then only if someone else is on the lake.

The weed can move, clear patches one week can be covered the next, and a marker float or leading around does miss some.

17 hours ago, Highy said:

It’s all gobbledygook to me but it do look a bit like my fish tank  🤔

Edited by B B

30 minutes ago, B B said:

It’s all gobbledygook to me but it do look a bit like my fish tank  🤔

that's the bit i struggle with it takes a birds eye view and displays a 2d pc game view, i gussee having the deeper in eye view would give a better bearing on the area and how wide the beam angle is. 

A CHIRP (Compressed High Intensity Radiated Pulse) sonar sends out a continuous flow of frequencies, ranging from low to high. Here is the range of frequencies that the Deeper CHIRP emits, depending on the Beam setting:

High CHIRP beam (7°): 635 kHz - 715 kHz

Mid CHIRP beam (16°): 270 kHz - 310 kHz

Low CHIRP beam (47°): 90 kHz - 115 kHz

Most sonars can control the range of the sound wave cone by changing the scanning beam frequency. This is important because in different fishing situations different scanning beams will be more or less effective.

Wide beam scanning (Deeper PRO/PRO+ 55° angle; Deeper CHIRP 47° angle) is good for quickly scanning large areas and getting overall information on fish, depth and bottom structure, but the accuracy and detail will be lower. Wide beams are also great for quickly locating fishes. Wide beam scanning is best suited for shallower waters because the cone covers a wider area, the deeper it scans. This means if you are scanning at a depth of 45ft / 13,7 m you will see objects in an area that has a 47ft / 14,3 m diameter. 

Narrow beam scanning (Deeper PRO/PRO+ 15° angle; Deeper CHIRP 7° and 16° angle) gives a more precise picture of the bottom structure, fishes and their size, but covers a smaller area. It is better for finding the exact location of fish, as well as the information about the bottom (structure, bottom thickness, vegetation). Narrow beam scanning is also better suited for deeper water, as the cone does not spread as wide.

Recommendation: When using Narrow beams in deep waters, it is important that the Deeper sonar ball is stable in the water, and does not rock around. If the sonar itself is not stable, the quality of the sonar image will be affected. 

If the waves are rough, it is better to use a Wide beam.

https://deepersonar.com/us/en_us/manual/settings

The other lake I fish is completely the opposite, no weed but has 1/2 structures.

Screenshot_20220424_081816_eu.deeper.fishdeeper.thumb.jpg.ef1e302d44477fdcf30b25dc39285cf5.jpg

This picture is of my Club water, the little mound in the middle (to me) is a concrete lump lowered into the water which has chains attached to under the Aerator and I'd say greenery had grown over it, this is the only thing I can think of as when I was using it at this moment I was doing circles around the Aerator. 

Everywhere else on the side of the lake I was fishing is like a continuous flat bed with hardly and greenery or bumps/holes. 

It will be good to see what I find coming into the summer months. 

Edited by Highy

I turn the fish finder icon off , that's too much like cheating for me .

I use the Deeper on wide beam to speed mapping a lake up ; then I need to revert back to a marker set up to find the interesting areas which annoyingly I can't find !

😢

20 hours ago, chillfactor said:

No wonder you blanked then mate.... this points out the exact reason I don't use any gadgets in my fishing.  

If I would of had that info & not been able to fish zigs .... would of done my head right in 🙈

23 minutes ago, crusian said:

I turn the fish finder icon off , that's too much like cheating for me .

I use the Deeper on wide beam to speed mapping a lake up ; then I need to revert back to a marker set up to find the interesting areas which annoyingly I can't find !

😢

I try to use as much as I can with mine, then when I've found my spots, I use my bare lead to feel the bottom...

Wide beam for area, Low beam for in depth look, then a bare lead over it. 

11 minutes ago, framey said:

Waste of time the fish finder part as most of those are probably roach/perch/bream anyway lol

have a go with a finder in the winter when pike fishing 

even your lure will show up as a fish

That's something I was wondering with the Deeper, what determines the fish size when you can use Small Medium Large fish  icon... For all I know a Large fish could be a Perch 😂😂

19 hours ago, framey said:

I’d ask them maybe they can let you know lol

It is impossible to determine the exact size of the fish using sonar technology - this is related to how all sonars work and ultra-sound physics. However, strength of the ultra-sound reflection from the fish can be a good indication of how big it may be, because naturally bigger fishes reflect ultra-sound differently from smaller fishes. 

Fish Icons functions looks at the strength of the sonar return from the fish and decides whether it could be a small / medium / big one. However, the strength of the ultra-sound return can also depend on many other conditions - depth, form of the fish, how clear the water is, etc.

So, you should look at different size of fish icons as an approximate evaluation of the size of the fish, but not as exact measurement. It is impossible to say that Big fish icons means that it is more than 20 or 35 cm long, but when you see big icon - there is a very good chance that the fish is big.

Regarding the Fish Icons feature-

The fish icons are assigned by an algorithm. Unfortunately, the algorithm can make mistakes and it is very difficult to calibrate it to be 100% accurate. 

To understand why, it's important to understand how sonars work and why they see things underwater. A sonar sends out waves of ultrasound and the ultrasound reflects off of various objects underwater. We see fish because ultrasound reflects off their air bladders - the rest of the body is usually not seen by the sonar because fish bodies are of the same density as water. 

There is a lot of air underwater which means that a lot of things may look similar or identical to fish, which is why fish icons can be assigned to things that are not fish. For example - air bubbles rising from vegetation on the bottom or air bubbles that occur in active water, like near a dam.
There are some other things that also provide similar reflections and may be misinterpreted as fish. 

To this day, no sonar maker has a 100% accurate fish detection system, which is why all sonar makers (for example Garmin, Humminbird, Lowrance) advise not to use fish icons. Experienced sonar users will also recommend against using fish icons.

Fish icons are useful if you're new to sonars and do not understand what you are looking at, but we recommend learning to interpret the readings yourself. 

We have some basic information that will get you started in these articles: 

https://deepersonar.com/uk/en_gb/how-it-works/how-sonars-work 

https://deepersonar.com/uk/en_gb/how-it-works/how-to-read-fishfinder 

https://deepersonar.com/uk/en_gb/how-it-works/how-to-read-a-fish-finder-chirp 

They cover the basics of how sonars work and how to interpret the data. This doesn't mean that you'll be able to understand everything perfectly, but it's a good foundation to begin learning on. It takes some time to be able to read the screen well and that comes with experience. 

4 hours ago, Highy said:

It is impossible to determine the exact size of the fish using sonar technology - this is related to how all sonars work and ultra-sound physics. However, strength of the ultra-sound reflection from the fish can be a good indication of how big it may be, because naturally bigger fishes reflect ultra-sound differently from smaller fishes. 

I've been predator fishing with an expert, we're using 'Lowrance Active Target' and you can see what the fish is and roughly whether its a whacker or not - very exciting trust me!

I've got a bait boat with Raymarine Dragonfly Pro 5 and again with the size of the arches you can kinda see if a whacker or not and the bottom detail is next level, I can see individual weed strands on one side on the screen and colour coded bottom hardness on the other side - pretty epic tbh

Edited by kevtaylor