New bivvy time !

4 minutes ago, dayvid said:

This is the 2 man i bought for me and the girlfriend , Take a look

Seen 1 or 2 of these on my club lake, a fella with his Mrs usually on and the maoooooosive.... His bait ops too, think its the Royal King Bait Boat (does say KING on the back of it)...thought it was a dingy at first. 

Edited by Highy

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/04/2022 at 08:47, Carpbell_ll said:

if your looking for a pram hood the new prologic range are very good all round.

highly rated the prologic range, the avenger is real good for no condensation that top wrap with the roof vents work well together, all good quality zips that 360 venting is real nice always got a draft flowing even on still hot days, cooler in the bivvy than outside, the inspire range would be well worth the money.

12 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

highly rated the prologic range, the avenger is real good for no condensation that top wrap with the roof vents work well together, all good quality zips that 360 venting is real nice always got a draft flowing even on still hot days, cooler in the bivvy than outside, the inspire range would be well worth the money.

Hi mate .... I purchased the avid HQ  , thanks for the input though 👍 

12 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Hi mate .... I purchased the avid HQ  , thanks for the input though 👍 

noticed that, just thought i'd confirm the prologic range is worth buying. they will come down in price soon be a nice bargain for someone the avenger for less than 200 is pretty good, see a lot of buyers saying they struggle fitting the peak, you need to put the peak bar in before you use the tension strap and pegging out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/05/2022 at 21:27, chillfactor said:

Paid £440 for the HQ 2man which was a good price I thought. Not even looked at it yet tbh been to busy ! Still in the box 🙈 , probably turn up to the lake still in the box 🙈😁

Have you used it yet Phil ?

18 hours ago, newmarket said:

Have you used it yet Phil ?

Yes Tim .... used it last week at the woolpack social.  First impressions are good,  certainly a bigger footprint than my old armo 2man , which could be a problem if swims a tight . Had thunder storms / hail & coped fine . Its a different set up to my old armo in regards to pole layout,  the porch on the new Hq is part of the pram hood,  where as the armo you had to insert the poles for the porch . My only worry with this is in strong winds , I had to take the porch off the armo a few times in the big gails to stop it trying to take off , this won't be an option with the HQ . 

Overall I like it good material etc will just have to see when it comes to the really carpy weather & the big winds. 20220523_173524.thumb.jpg.84fd827bc69a7bcd70e49108d3b6414b.jpg

I’m on the lookout for a lightweight shelter, my local angling shop has kindly ordered a Trakker Tempest 100 to see if it’s ok for my needs,  got to have a small pack down size ideally fit in a quiver.   Any recommendations Gents  ? 

6 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Yes Tim .... used it last week at the woolpack social.  First impressions are good,  certainly a bigger footprint than my old armo 2man , which could be a problem if swims a tight . Had thunder storms / hail & coped fine . Its a different set up to my old armo in regards to pole layout,  the porch on the new Hq is part of the pram hood,  where as the armo you had to insert the poles for the porch . My only worry with this is in strong winds , I had to take the porch off the armo a few times in the big gails to stop it trying to take off , this won't be an option with the HQ . 

Overall I like it good material etc will just have to see when it comes to the really carpy weather & the big winds. 20220523_173524.thumb.jpg.84fd827bc69a7bcd70e49108d3b6414b.jpg

Can you see through the mozzy mesh at night if you have a light on or something? It's been a bug bear of mine that light seems to always reflect off the Mozzie mesh and makes it seem like a solid bivvy panel? Jist wondering if the avid one was any different? Mine is solid green jrc and a cyprinus both annoy me 😂

On 29/05/2022 at 18:20, elmoputney said:

Can you see through the mozzy mesh at night if you have a light on or something? It's been a bug bear of mine that light seems to always reflect off the Mozzie mesh and makes it seem like a solid bivvy panel? Jist wondering if the avid one was any different? Mine is solid green jrc and a cyprinus both annoy me 😂

Didn't notice any reflection at night mate .

2 hours ago, B B said:

It was almost new bivvy time….but apparently it’s a bank holiday today and the tackle shop was closed  😏 

Total fishing tackle were open . But I don’t recommend’em 🙄

12 hours ago, newmarket said:

Total fishing tackle were open . But I don’t recommend’em 🙄

if i'm buying online it's either AD or poingos with john ross as a back up, AD have good fast problem solving teams and they use royal mail/parcelforce, i wouldn't trust the odd bod shipping companies, their sorting depots are like a battleground of vandalism, i have done agency work in the big parcel force one their main hub, that's some high tec sorting, it only gets handled on and off the truck. 

43 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

if i'm buying online it's either AD or poingos with john ross as a back up, AD have good fast problem solving teams and they use royal mail/parcelforce, i wouldn't trust the odd bod shipping companies, their sorting depots are like a battleground of vandalism, i have done agency work in the big parcel force one their main hub, that's some high tec sorting, it only gets handled on and off the truck. 

I worked for Parcelforce (and before that RM Parcels) for 15 years .

things must have improved 🤣

I think I'm in the market for 1 now.....

Was out for a 24hr yesterday got back about n hour ago....

20220603_012426.thumb.jpg.76aef3156940b60da2fc54628fba9dc8.jpg

20220603_054200.thumb.jpg.8596ca4ffab83b44ac48fa2b90f927c3.jpg

2 areas on the bivvy, was letting in rain, its only the 11th time using since new, and only 2nd time used without the overwrap, Sonik has had a few pictures and a video....await there reply.

Edited by Highy

1 hour ago, Highy said:

I think I'm in the market for 1 now.....

Was out for a 24hr yesterday got back about n hour ago....

20220603_012426.thumb.jpg.76aef3156940b60da2fc54628fba9dc8.jpg

20220603_054200.thumb.jpg.8596ca4ffab83b44ac48fa2b90f927c3.jpg

2 areas on the bivvy, was letting in rain, its only the 11th time using since new, and only 2nd time used without the overwrap, Sonik has had a few pictures and a video....await there reply.

Gutted for you mate . 
They should replace that I reckon , let’s hope they don’t try the ole ‘that’s what the wraps for’ chestnut.

They don’t come cheap those things .

4 minutes ago, newmarket said:

Gutted for you mate . 
They should replace that I reckon , let’s hope they don’t try the ole ‘that’s what the wraps for’ chestnut.

They don’t come cheap those things .

I had the same issue with the khaki green wrap, took nearly 10months to get a replacement, and I got the new Camo version.

Screenshot_20220401_170933.thumb.jpg.9c72743df2900cef3beb6173c620f5cb.jpg

5 minutes ago, Highy said:

I had the same issue with the khaki green wrap, took nearly 10months to get a replacement, and I got the new Camo version.

Screenshot_20220401_170933.thumb.jpg.9c72743df2900cef3beb6173c620f5cb.jpg

That’s convinced me that they’ll replace it 

Sonik can do without any bad press and if it was me I’d be coating ‘em all over the internet.

just don’t use total fishing tackle 😊

47 minutes ago, newmarket said:

That’s convinced me that they’ll replace it 

Sonik can do without any bad press and if it was me I’d be coating ‘em all over the internet.

just don’t use total fishing tackle 😊

I leave reviews on there site....awsome company service

17 minutes ago, Highy said:

I leave reviews on there site....awsome company service

Sonik or TFT ? 

cos my experience recently with tft was and still is a nightmare.

As for Sonik , I remember when they first appeared a few years ago they got rave reviews all over the shop but all I’ve read recently is negative stuff .

Nick has experience of their rods fallling to pieces, your experiences with their shelters speak for themselves unfortunately and even their Bivvy tables , one of which I own , I can tell ya are cheap and nasty .

Quite frankly I’ll be adding them to Korda and Mainline on my ‘avoid at all costs’ list albeit for different reasons .

I so hope you can get your shelter sorted out mate 🤞🏻

23 minutes ago, newmarket said:

Sonik or TFT ? 

cos my experience recently with tft was and still is a nightmare.

As for Sonik , I remember when they first appeared a few years ago they got rave reviews all over the shop but all I’ve read recently is negative stuff .

Nick has experience of their rods fallling to pieces, your experiences with their shelters speak for themselves unfortunately and even their Bivvy tables , one of which I own , I can tell ya are cheap and nasty .

Quite frankly I’ll be adding them to Korda and Mainline on my ‘avoid at all costs’ list albeit for different reasons .

I so hope you can get your shelter sorted out mate 🤞🏻

Sonik, can't fault them at all....had a Receiver that lost its pairing, sent new 1...had an alarm with led not working, sent new 1, Reels were a it squeaky, sent new washers for all 3...50mm eye insert missing on rod, sent full rod of rings...Sonik AXS Brolly had a crack in the centre spreader block, sent new 1...Sonik AXS Overwrap leaking, sent new Camo 1....

So I think they are No.1 in my eyes...

21 hours ago, Highy said:

Sonik, can't fault them at all....had a Receiver that lost its pairing, sent new 1...had an alarm with led not working, sent new 1, Reels were a it squeaky, sent new washers for all 3...50mm eye insert missing on rod, sent full rod of rings...Sonik AXS Brolly had a crack in the centre spreader block, sent new 1...Sonik AXS Overwrap leaking, sent new Camo 1....

I admire your loyalty to the Sonik brand Highy… but that’s a hell of a lot of faults 😳

21 hours ago, Highy said:

12 minutes ago, B B said:

I admire your loyalty to the Sonik brand Highy… but that’s a hell of a lot of faults 😳

Well BB beat me to it .

Sonik may well be quick to replace faulty parts / items , but why are they breaking in the first place ! ? .

🤔