South Cerney AC

2 hours ago, Gilesc said:

Hi , is anyone familiar with South Cerney AC ,and the waters. Does anyone fish and recommend these venues. I have heard mixed reports 

I went down to visit a mate pre lockdown and stopped a night on whitefriars with him before having a tour of a few of the other waters in the area. All depends on what you're looking for. Obviously whitefriars is a large low stock pit which can get VERY busy. We dropped in on the other lakes but they were also very busy so didnt walk them fully and headed off to other larger waters in the area. Looks like a busy club and that means it's likely to be good fishing and well maintained. 

Cheers, yes it was pretty busy when I walked it recently.any other recommendations for waters in this area?

Was looking at syndicates , but pretty much same fully booked up and long waiting lists. I have been fishing Linear a lot , but need to get away from the ridiculous  buckets and constant when you off mate. Probably sign of the times , and no better elsewhere.

Any recommendations appreciated   im 12 miles from Swindon , but happy to travel.

4 hours ago, Gilesc said:

get away from the ridiculous  buckets

I was at linear walking behind a guy with a load of white buckets all jammed into the one,  he then placed 2 buckets in different swims, I caught up with him and had a chat he said he’s been around the complexed and found some nice swims. what about all the buckets I say ,  oh I just leave them and pick the best  swim. 😳😡 

Its madness , I was on Oxlease last year and two anglers genuinely put buckets in pegs 14 and 15. Went to collect gear from van , on arriving back to pegs two mainline sponsored anglers remaining nameless had thrown buckets over the fence and all their gear in the swims these gents had bagged. 

On 19/04/2022 at 11:14, Gilesc said:

Cheers, yes it was pretty busy when I walked it recently.any other recommendations for waters in this area?

Was looking at syndicates , but pretty much same fully booked up and long waiting lists. I have been fishing Linear a lot , but need to get away from the ridiculous  buckets and constant when you off mate. Probably sign of the times , and no better elsewhere.

Any recommendations appreciated   im 12 miles from Swindon , but happy to travel.

We did a little tour as I said, looking on google maps now we went round Coke's pit which is lovely, and the two big pits on the opposite side of the road, theres all sorts of water sports going on there and as country park. These two were very low stock but some cracking fish. Featured on a sticky or thinking anglers video, the crayfish man. Neigh bridge was the other one, opposite South Cerney Dabchick lake. Again a low stock lake but stunning fish. 

Sadly I have no idea how to join any of the above mentioned.

55 minutes ago, greekskii said:

We did a little tour as I said, looking on google maps now we went round Coke's pit which is lovely, and the two big pits on the opposite side of the road, theres all sorts of water sports going on there and as country park. These two were very low stock but some cracking fish. Featured on a sticky or thinking anglers video, the crayfish man. Neigh bridge was the other one, opposite South Cerney Dabchick lake. Again a low stock lake but stunning fish. 

Sadly I have no idea how to join any of the above mentioned.

http://www.scac.org.uk/membership/costs/