How old are your pop ups?

On 13/04/2022 at 14:26, elmoputney said:

I am using a mix of two baits this year  one a milk protien that has a subtle fruit flavour, and loads of goodies in it, and a fishmeal that has no flavour but smells a bit like cat food or something, I used them both for a year each and both did me proud, so my thinking this year I will catch twice as much 😂

I do think the black pepper oil would be a good addition to the fishmeal though 🤔

If its a proper milk protein bait then you shouldn't need added "goodies", the milks will be doing everything you need on their own. And when I say proper milk, you're looking at £15 - £20 per kg to know it's half decent at todays prices of ingredients.  Anything less than that then it's bulked out with calf milk replacer etc which is a good ingredient but nothing compared to the casein's, lactalbumin's and whey pro's out there. 

11 hours ago, emmcee said:

If its a proper milk protein bait then you shouldn't need added "goodies", the milks will be doing everything you need on their own. And when I say proper milk, you're looking at £15 - £20 per kg to know it's half decent at todays prices of ingredients.  Anything less than that then it's bulked out with calf milk replacer etc which is a good ingredient but nothing compared to the casein's, lactalbumin's and whey pro's out there. 

I'm not paying £15 a kilo for it, so it's probably not an out and out milk protien but it has lots of other goodies in and they do seem to love it, had some really quick bites using it so that will do me, I think I've got to the point now where it is about location being the most important factor and in the right place the baits will work well enough but some prebaiting won't do any harm 👍

Postman pat came this morning, have to say they both smell like winners, proper jobs always seem to come with confidence boosters in them, tangee peach smell lovely,, KLS just smell like carp catchers not dissimilar to both the baits I am using this year and both slightly odd colours, I don't regret adding these to the collection 😂

165010169048195301509081940959.thumb.jpg.b8188370492bf2ef97dcd3b6625a31d1.jpg

48 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I'm not paying £15 a kilo for it, so it's probably not an out and out milk protien but it has lots of other goodies in and they do seem to love it, had some really quick bites using it so that will do me, I think I've got to the point now where it is about location being the most important factor and in the right place the baits will work well enough but some prebaiting won't do any harm 👍

Postman pat came this morning, have to say they both smell like winners, proper jobs always seem to come with confidence boosters in them, tangee peach smell lovely,, KLS just smell like carp catchers not dissimilar to both the baits I am using this year and both slightly odd colours, I don't regret adding these to the collection 😂

I'm gonna look see if they have something Nutty (ish)... In a White. 

2 hours ago, Highy said:

I'm gonna look see if they have something Nutty (ish)... In a White. 

Have a look at Rod Hutchinson Ballistic B pop-ups.

I have a jar of yellow Aniseed and Bunspice that are 4years old, but they are now being used up as a topper over Vitalin and maize with snowman baits. 

The rest of mine are no more than a year old.

My own MegaSpice and Garlic, bright pink, KMG in fluoro red and normal, Monster Crab in purple and some Raspberry and Black Pepper in pink.

The last one has not produced a single fish so they are being replaced 

1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Have a look at Rod Hutchinson Ballistic B pop-ups.

I have a jar of yellow Aniseed and Bunspice that are 4years old, but they are now being used up as a topper over Vitalin and maize with snowman baits. 

The rest of mine are no more than a year old.

My own MegaSpice and Garlic, bright pink, KMG in fluoro red and normal, Monster Crab in purple and some Raspberry and Black Pepper in pink.

The last one has not produced a single fish so they are being replaced 

16501171678025545983286232717032.thumb.jpg.5d508c7b05912ad3dc723d6d68c0e26e.jpg

I've got some aniseed ones for when I use pigeon food 😂

On 16/04/2022 at 10:40, elmoputney said:

100% agree on location being the most important factor, combined with a little bit of luck and your onto a winner. 

On 16/04/2022 at 10:40, elmoputney said:

Like the look of these , the washed out look .

Keep me in the loop re these mate