Variations on the theme, Multi-rig or Spinner rig.

salokcinnodrog

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

IMG_20220618_161200.thumb.jpg.8d34aadd952eaba4d18ded2e04bf4a4b.jpg

I've been thinking of making a variation on the multi rig for a while now, i wanted a stiff coated section hook end and after the knot supple and uncoated, I was planning to use shrink tube but due to being out in the garage couldn't be bothered to set up the stove so I tried a noodle kicker, I think for a bottom bait, wafter rig this will be quite good, i would use shrink tube for pop ups though looks OK I think, hook is a chod hammer, kickers are terminal tackle.uk (much better than the thinking anglers ones imo) 

Multi noodle …

16 hours ago, elmoputney said:

In my head I have been thinking about a withy pool type bend in the shrink tube for the pop up 💡

Your rig pic with a pop-up gives very similar properties to the Bent Hook rig, but with no mouth damage.

Difficult to eject, nice low lying pop-up, close to freebies.

6 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Your rig pic with a pop-up gives very similar properties to the Bent Hook rig, but with no mouth damage.

Difficult to eject, nice low lying pop-up, close to freebies.

I've seen another rig similar to one you speak of lately 🤔

Someone called it the lamp post rig I think? I also meant to have a play with that but haven't and now can't find it 

21 hours ago, dalej2014 said:

I found this very interesting:

https://www.cherrycarp.com/understanding-rig-mechanics-martin-crackoff/

Do we make rigs more complicated than they need to be?

21 hours ago, crusian said:

Bummer ! , the article shows a rig I'm currently using , and the author says it's wrong .

😔

15 hours ago, dalej2014 said:

It's not wrong if it's working. Last I knew, no carp has ever read it  🎣😉

Years ago we had a thread going called 'Complicated rigs', it covered a session I had on Ardleigh, then broke into a long discussion on lead set-ups, various rigs, and whether we made things more complicated than they need to be.

While I do play around with rigs, I do catch more on a bog standard line aligner usually knotless knotted rig.

I may have a sliding ring on the hookshank and tie the hook on with a line aligner, this is more often so I can change the hair length to suit the feeding and hooking of the fish, but this also means I can use a pop-up or bottom bait on exactly the same rig without much faffing.

Too many carp anglers forget that getting the carp to feed is more important than the rig is. If the carp are feeding comfortably what is an 'ineffective' rig according to experts, fails the palm or thumb test, can actually be effective hooking the fish. Equally if a super effective rig is in the wrong place and the carp aren't feeding then it will not work.

My personal view is that 'effective' rigs are needed when we aren't feeding properly to get the fish comfortable on our spot, or aren't baiting (maybe prebaiting) enough of our bait.

john baker's latest vid covers rigs and still catching despite their use, long distance rigs that you know will land right and reset might not be the best for hooking a fish, he swears by using a simple hair rig with a long hair if the fish are above 30, i do recall that's how chris b used to fish his big lake when using bottom baits, he did a FB post of a few days he did as the big lake was fishing hard for bottom baits, he pulled a couple of forties out using a braid rig and double boilie on a long hair, no hook jewelry just pushed the point of the hook through the hair to give it the blow back action.