April Catch reports

salokcinnodrog

3 hours ago, crusian said:

Well Sky may look disinterested , but I'm impressed - well done Nick ! .

Are you the first to catch from your water this year ? ; also you mention the rushes , do you ever put a bait there , or is it too shallow ? .

😃

She doesn't care as long as she is outside.

The fish we have seen today have been mooching along the drop off of the margins. The big problem is getting a bait to the rushes. Not many swims or fishable spots front onto the edge or in front of them, and we aren't allowed to cut swims in the rushes themselves, unless they already exist.

well that was an event, first night out with fred of course he slipped his harness and went for a swim, nearly made it to the island in the middle before i had to use my terrier voice he turned and came back, had his coat on as well real strong and keen swimmer, shocked him a bit when he seen i was still on the bank and not swimming with him. anther dog came in the bivvy he was ok with that. not bad considering there was a group of lads a few pegs down breaking wood and having a fire. just watching them no barking.

i had two out a common around 12 lb and slightly bigger mirror. 

Well my 2 nighter is over, 9 fish came out, including 3 30s, but none by me! Blankety blank I’m afraid! Bumped one off on the strike after a savage drop back at 3am which kited under the middle rod, setting that one off… I struck the wrong rod at first… nightmare. Still, good to be out! 

Bit late with this one it’s been a busy few days (and my sciatica has kicked off big time)😢

Did a 3day social with 6 mates at Merrington Tuesday-Friday and tbh the conditions last wk was rubbish. High pressure bright days overnight frosts N/E Winds tbh we couldn’t have had it any less carpy 🤣🤣. Coming out 6th out of 7 didn’t help my cause but I ended up in an ok swim so all wasn’t  lost. The complex switched right off tbh and with zigs banned I knew I’d have to be fishing neat and tidy to pinch a bite.

Ended up with this 24lber that was caught to a single dumbbell krill wafter with a bit of washed out pink pop up to give the bait some focus with no freebies on a combi rig and was more than happy with my prize. Unfortunately 3 lads blanked and mine was one of only 5 fish to grace the bank again disappointing but as said the conditions was rubbish. Tbh I’d of fancied my chances on zigs and think I’d of had a few if I had the chance to use em !!! Very frustrating 🤣🤣🤣61020FEA-AB77-4728-AE00-ECB68626193E.jpeg.9678709719aa5de42eca202078209b68.jpeg53A860EC-8730-4543-8D3F-9168C8A62EB1.thumb.jpeg.44bc56e571044e5ca59ff3ffaa3fef4b.jpegSo it was hometime Friday but given I had a few kilo of pellet and boilies made up a quick grovelling call to the Mrs and the promise of a nice dinner at her favourite pub I got the green light to do a quick night on a local club water only 15mins away with a mate (I had to get rid of the left over bait…….. well that’s my excuse)🤣🤣🤣 so rigs was changed and our chosen venue was a smaller mixed stock snaggy old water….. That holds around a dozen cats up to 50lb. The carp don’t go big in Spring Pool so I opted to fish snowman style 24mm oily bottom baits and 20mm squid n scopex pop up over a couple of kilo of krill and pellet over each rod and was rewarded an hr into dark with this moggy munching 20lb+ 47B235A8-D695-4A02-9165-5BF8ED519B8B.thumb.jpeg.b0cb8a4b0e1fdd676655c637842d1c54.jpegA0CF88C3-BFEA-42AE-A747-D7B74CBBE1D8.thumb.jpeg.9556f4b1862dd43c514648cfeb602f63.jpegAll in all a good week at least we had good social weather even tho the fishing wasn’t the best.

Came home Saturday morning and sorted my kit out and did the gardens only for Sciatica to kick off big time so it looks like I won’t be on the bank for a few weeks now 😢😢😢

Tight lines,chaps and thanks for reading.

😬😎🎣

20 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

Bit late with this one it’s been a busy few days (and my sciatica has kicked off big time)😢

Did a 3day social with 6 mates at Merrington Tuesday-Friday and tbh the conditions last wk was rubbish. High pressure bright days overnight frosts N/E Winds tbh we couldn’t have had it any less carpy 🤣🤣. Coming out 6th out of 7 didn’t help my cause but I ended up in an ok swim so all wasn’t  lost. The complex switched right off tbh and with zigs banned I knew I’d have to be fishing neat and tidy to pinch a bite.

Ended up with this 24lber that was caught to a single dumbbell krill wafter with a bit of washed out pink pop up to give the bait some focus with no freebies on a combi rig and was more than happy with my prize. Unfortunately 3 lads blanked and mine was one of only 5 fish to grace the bank again disappointing but as said the conditions was rubbish. Tbh I’d of fancied my chances on zigs and think I’d of had a few if I had the chance to use em !!! Very frustrating 🤣🤣🤣61020FEA-AB77-4728-AE00-ECB68626193E.jpeg.9678709719aa5de42eca202078209b68.jpeg53A860EC-8730-4543-8D3F-9168C8A62EB1.thumb.jpeg.44bc56e571044e5ca59ff3ffaa3fef4b.jpegSo it was hometime Friday but given I had a few kilo of pellet and boilies made up a quick grovelling call to the Mrs and the promise of a nice dinner at her favourite pub I got the green light to do a quick night on a local club water only 15mins away with a mate (I had to get rid of the left over bait…….. well that’s my excuse)🤣🤣🤣 so rigs was changed and our chosen venue was a smaller mixed stock snaggy old water….. That holds around a dozen cats up to 50lb. The carp don’t go big in Spring Pool so I opted to fish snowman style 24mm oily bottom baits and 20mm squid n scopex pop up over a couple of kilo of krill and pellet over each rod and was rewarded an hr into dark with this moggy munching 20lb+ 47B235A8-D695-4A02-9165-5BF8ED519B8B.thumb.jpeg.b0cb8a4b0e1fdd676655c637842d1c54.jpegA0CF88C3-BFEA-42AE-A747-D7B74CBBE1D8.thumb.jpeg.9556f4b1862dd43c514648cfeb602f63.jpegAll in all a good week at least we had good social weather even tho the fishing wasn’t the best.

Came home Saturday morning and sorted my kit out and did the gardens only for Sciatica to kick off big time so it looks like I won’t be on the bank for a few weeks now 😢😢😢

Tight lines,chaps and thanks for reading.

😬😎🎣

Great post almost like I was there 👍

1 hour ago, snowmanstevo said:

Sciatica to kick off big time

I over done it scraping back a ceiling in work went through the pain barrier and suffered for it. Over a hour to find a angle to get out of bed the following day, bathed in sweat from the pain an effort and I don’t made saying a tear in my eye. Luckily it hasn’t came back but I’m aware of it. Sorry to hear about yours take it easy. 

35 minutes ago, B B said:

I over done it scraping back a ceiling in work went through the pain barrier and suffered for it. Over a hour to find a angle to get out of bed the following day, bathed in sweat from the pain an effort and I don’t made saying a tear in my eye. Luckily it hasn’t came back but I’m aware of it. Sorry to hear about yours take it easy. 

Had a bad bout of it around 6years ago been ok with it since till the wk end 😢

Struggling to do the basics atm it’s knocked me for 6 🤢🤢🤢

Well done everyone on the captures 

19 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

Had a bad bout of it around 6years ago been ok with it since till the wk end 😢

Struggling to do the basics atm it’s knocked me for 6 🤢🤢🤢

I suffer with it quite often too, I had a month off last year with it, I had a flare up earlier this year not a really severe one like previous but very noticeable still , I went out walking with the dogs as I kind of had no choice, but it seemed to make it go away much quicker, if that helps 😳

14 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Well done everyone on the captures 

I suffer with it quite often too, I had a month off last year with it, I had a flare up earlier this year not a really severe one like previous but very noticeable still , I went out walking with the dogs as I kind of had no choice, but it seemed to make it go away much quicker, if that helps 😳

Yes mate once I’ve took 5mins to get off a chair and 5mins to straighten up waking does ease it. I’ll be out with my dog later to try ease the pain 

33 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

Yes mate once I’ve took 5mins to get off a chair and 5mins to straighten up waking does ease it. I’ll be out with my dog later to try ease the pain 

It's terrible when it gets that bad,hope it eases soon, I remember rolling about on the floor for an hour trying to get back up after my misses advised me laying on the floor might help 😲

That was when I stopped listening to her  😁

5 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

That was when I stopped listening to her

Same with me, luckily there was a bedside phone, this was before the days of a mobil phone, your way  to young to remember them days Elmo  😉 rang the misses stay in bed il see after you work she says,  rang my mum she actually shouted down the phone get out of bed now !… Mums knows best 

3 hours ago, B B said:

Same with me, luckily there was a bedside phone, this was before the days of a mobil phone, your way  to young to remember them days Elmo  😉 rang the misses stay in bed il see after you work she says,  rang my mum she actually shouted down the phone get out of bed now !… Mums knows best 

I'm not that young,I remember upstairs phones, posh people had them 😁