April Catch reports

salokcinnodrog

There is a story with this as well.

I'd just put the coffee maker on the stove when I had the take. I thought it was a tufted duck or coot as they were diving, but as I picked the rod up realised it was a carp, so had to lean back over to turn the stove off while playing the fish.

As I was playing it it kited right, alongside the rushes, but I hadn't got my chest waders ready, oops, so had to walk left up the bank to get the angle to play it clear. As it went out again i tried to sort chest waders but the fish gave me no chance so I had to step ankle deep to net it.20220406_065754.jpg

Edited by salokcinnodrog
Addition

42 minutes ago, newmarket said:

Lovely Common my friend .

And it looks a lot bigger than 23 too

Honesty is the best policy, it may have had a few ounces more, but to me it's hard earned 23lb.

Facing into a chilly south westerly, wave spray breaking over the bivvy and I got wet feet landing it as my chesties weren't ready.

Those KMG Fluoro pop-ups doing the business with the rig I posted on 'Variations...'

13 hours ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

Me and my little lad had a good day out today, we caught a few nice carp, scranned a sack full of cheese and ham buttys, crisps and cakes … were now back home watching some episodes of monster carp lol…🎣👍

D9351FDA-FAA5-41E2-BB21-B3CE5F0C5258.jpeg

65CF83A3-CB2A-4644-9ED1-3C89B52761B6.jpeg

Lovely 😬😎🎣

4 hours ago, yonny said:

Great pic 👏👏

Looking forward to taking my boy when he's a little older. In other news, as of yesterday I have a daughter 😀

Congratulations on the new arrival, and a girl welcome to my world, it will be all Disney princesses and pink stuff before you know it, 

There is also a common saying they reckon all the best people are born In April so she is bound to be amazing 🤣

On 06/04/2022 at 07:45, salokcinnodrog said:

There is a story with this as well.

I'd just put the coffee maker on the stove when I had the take. I thought it was a tufted duck or coot as they were diving, but as I picked the rod up realised it was a carp, so had to lean back over to turn the stove off while playing the fish.

As I was playing it it kited right, alongside the rushes, but I hadn't got my chest waders ready, oops, so had to walk left up the bank to get the angle to play it clear. As it went out again i tried to sort chest waders but the fish gave me no chance so I had to step ankle deep to net it.20220406_065754.jpg

Well Sky may look disinterested , but I'm impressed - well done Nick ! .

Are you the first to catch from your water this year ? ; also you mention the rushes , do you ever put a bait there , or is it too shallow ? .

😃

On 13/04/2022 at 18:17, Its-grim-up-north said:

Me and my little lad had a good day out today, we caught a few nice carp, scranned a sack full of cheese and ham buttys, crisps and cakes … were now back home watching some episodes of monster carp lol…🎣👍

D9351FDA-FAA5-41E2-BB21-B3CE5F0C5258.jpeg

65CF83A3-CB2A-4644-9ED1-3C89B52761B6.jpeg

My wife's just said your lads' grin is as wide as the fish is long 😁

On 14/04/2022 at 13:58, elmoputney said:

Congratulations on the new arrival, and a girl welcome to my world, it will be all Disney princesses and pink stuff before you know it, 

There is also a common saying they reckon all the best people are born In April so she is bound to be amazing 🤣

That will be quite a sight , Yonny dressed in a pink tutu over his waders .

😁