First overnighter session of the year

ouchthathurt

So I’m now sat at one of my local lakes, I usually fish it over winter and with it being so cold and me being rather rusty, I think this is my best shot at a carp or two. I can’t see any fishy activity, so chose a swim that’s central and commands a good view of most of the lake. There’s no one else here! I flicked one rod down the margins and the other out into open water where a deeper bowl is. Average depths are 4-6ft all over. Just starting to erect the Wendy house then the open water rod splutters into life, only been here 5mins! Quick strike and I can feel a carp on… which quickly comes off again! 🙄 still, it’s a good sign! Both rods fishing single bottom baits with small pva mesh bags of micro pellet. I need this session, these last 2wks have been emotional! I had to put my 2yr old rescue down after she attacked her trainer then I found out wifey was pregnant, yesterday we had a baby scan at the hospital and they found the baby easily enough, but there’s no heartbeat at 10wks. Fingers crossed that this session comes good. 

3 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

Had 5 out in total, nothing massive but it shook the cobwebs. It was a relaxing, chilled out session albeit a bit cold! 

That was my 3rd trip of year, 1st night also.... Ended with 2 fish landed another 1 foul hooked in tail. 

Was FREEEEEZIN

11 minutes ago, newmarket said:

Well done fella 

Sometimes it does you good to get out and have a bit of alone time .

Hope it’s the start of things looking up for you all .

True dat, true.... We all need our space of sanctuary to reflect on. 

On 02/04/2022 at 11:44, ouchthathurt said:

So I’m now sat at one of my local lakes, I usually fish it over winter and with it being so cold and me being rather rusty, I think this is my best shot at a carp or two. I can’t see any fishy activity, so chose a swim that’s central and commands a good view of most of the lake. There’s no one else here! I flicked one rod down the margins and the other out into open water where a deeper bowl is. Average depths are 4-6ft all over. Just starting to erect the Wendy house then the open water rod splutters into life, only been here 5mins! Quick strike and I can feel a carp on… which quickly comes off again! 🙄 still, it’s a good sign! Both rods fishing single bottom baits with small pva mesh bags of micro pellet. I need this session, these last 2wks have been emotional! I had to put my 2yr old rescue down after she attacked her trainer then I found out wifey was pregnant, yesterday we had a baby scan at the hospital and they found the baby easily enough, but there’s no heartbeat at 10wks. Fingers crossed that this session comes good. 

I'm glad you caught a few and you enjoyed your time on the bank and it definitely helps to get out on your own for some chill out time and to clear your head. 

I really hope everything works out for you and your wife ouch, All the best mate my thoughts are with you. 

1 hour ago, ouchthathurt said:

Well today we went for the scan to confirm the miscarriage… 

they only went and found a heartbeat! Looks I might end up being a daddy again after all! 😁

Brilliant news 😎

Fingers crossed all goes well matey 

14 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

Well today we went for the scan to confirm the miscarriage… 

they only went and found a heartbeat! Looks I might end up being a daddy again after all! 😁

Jeez what a roller-coaster, that must have been so stressful for you both, but what an amazing outcome,  congratulations I bet you are on cloud 9 after that news,