Through the Roof …

Been using Nash Butt locks for the last few years on my carp and barbel set ups  no complaints from me think there around £13 a pop but I’m a sucker for cork handles and found the tight rubber type ones left marks on the cork when putting the rod in and out. 

4B9A283C-67A6-4FBC-9238-43ECA71D72DD.png

As much as it pains me to say as I’m all for a bargain, just bite the bullet and buy the stuff you need. Yes prices are high but things last or at least come with a warranty! You could be waiting forever for them to come down. 

in the last few weeks we have gone from moaning about £1.50 a litre diesel to thinking it’d be great if it went back down to that from £1.79 a litre. Business isn’t stupid, people are buying it at these prices so it’ll not get reduced unless people stop buying en masse. Even the second hand market follows this trend. 

only place for cheap kit now is heading to your local car boot and seeing what’s about. You might get lucky, more often than not you’ll not find anything decent. 

18 hours ago, snowmanstevo said:

Been using Nash Butt locks for the last few years on my carp and barbel set ups  no complaints from me think there around £13 a pop but I’m a sucker for cork handles and found the tight rubber type ones left marks on the cork when putting the rod in and out. 

4B9A283C-67A6-4FBC-9238-43ECA71D72DD.png

Hi Steve hope you’re well .

lm glad you mentioned that as my new rods have cork handles and I never would have thought it otherwise.

more expense it is then 🙄🤣

1 hour ago, newmarket said:

Hi Steve hope you’re well .

lm glad you mentioned that as my new rods have cork handles and I never would have thought it otherwise.

more expense it is then 🙄🤣

Hello mate ! Last time we spoke my team had never won the Prem and your lot was relegation fodder !!!!! How times have changed over the last few years matey. 
My heart attack knocked me for 6 tbh and I’ve never felt the same since but I went back work I still get out quite a bit fishing so life ain’t too bad,thanks.

I had some of the cygnet butt grips and they did start to mark the cork probably more down to me getting too excited on a take and ripping them out 🙄🙄🤣🤣 but as I’ve said I’ve had no problems with the Nash ones they don’t look like they should be as strong as they are but they really do grip the rod and the only way they unlock is when you lift the rod up vertically. 

4 hours ago, snowmanstevo said:

Hello mate ! Last time we spoke my team had never won the Prem and your lot was relegation fodder !!!!! How times have changed over the last few years matey. 
My heart attack knocked me for 6 tbh and I’ve never felt the same since but I went back work I still get out quite a bit fishing so life ain’t too bad,thanks.

I had some of the cygnet butt grips and they did start to mark the cork probably more down to me getting too excited on a take and ripping them out 🙄🙄🤣🤣 but as I’ve said I’ve had no problems with the Nash ones they don’t look like they should be as strong as they are but they really do grip the rod and the only way they unlock is when you lift the rod up vertically. 

Glad to hear your still getting out and about anyway mate , I obviously only learnt about it by reading it here 👍🏻

These Butt rests sound just the ticket , can’t be having my new pride & joys spoiled like that eh ? Large size I assume ? 
As for the ⚒’s … you know we’re never happy , Moyes out ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by newmarket

23 minutes ago, newmarket said:

Glad to hear your still getting out and about anyway mate , I obviously only learnt about it by reading it here 👍🏻

These Butt rests sound just the ticket , can’t be having my new pride & joys spoiled like that eh ? Large size I assume ? 
As for the ⚒’s … you know we’re never happy , Moyes out ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ha ha up the ammers !!!!! Yes mate the large ones matey