Can you have too much bait??

Hi all, 

Just after sorting my gear this morning, I've realised I have a fair bit of bait?.... 

As the title, Can you have too much bait?? 

Screenshot_20220321_104035.thumb.jpg.7aa21db50367281a5259f69fb27e016c.jpg

Aller Aqua Pellets in blue drum and bucket

4x Jars prepped particles

3kg Krill Boilies

4kg Krill Pellets

2/3kg Krill floaters

7kg Manilla Boilies

2kg Manilla Pellets

1kg manilla powder

1ltr Manilla Liquid

1 bottle Manilla glug

The 2 square Buckets have about 2kg each of Krill and Manilla inside with glug and powder

Then my bag has 20 pots of Krill/Manilla Pop Ups & Wafters with Matching bait Sprays, Glugs and korda Goos. 

That should keep me in good stead 😂😂

Edited by Highy

6 hours ago, Highy said:

Hi all, 

Just after sorting my gear this morning, I've realised I have a fair bit of bait?.... 

3kg Krill Boilies

4kg Krill Pellets

2/3kg Krill floaters

7kg Manilla Boilies

2kg Manilla Pellets

1kg manilla powder

1ltr Manilla Liquid

1 bottle Manilla glug

The 2 square Buckets have about 2kg each of Krill and Manilla inside with glug and powder

Then my bag has 20 pots of Krill/Manilla Pop Ups & Wafters with Matching bait Sprays, Glugs and korda Goos. 

It's OK seeing that it's pretty much all the same. It's when I see pots of this and that, bags of this and that from every known bait company,  that's when in my opinion its too much. Just stick to one bait, maybe a few different colours of hookbait but that's it. 

1 hour ago, emmcee said:

It's OK seeing that it's pretty much all the same. It's when I see pots of this and that, bags of this and that from every known bait company,  that's when in my opinion its too much. Just stick to one bait, maybe a few different colours of hookbait but that's it. 

Exactly that... Manilla in pop up and wafter, white, beige n yellow... Krill Pop up n wafter in Pink n beige. 

just getting a bait order sorted, going to hold off rolling the JB for now and just get out for next week hopefully, was going to give the mad cow a go but Whacker stop doing them in feb, so i'm going for their peach and pepper in the 5 k deal 2 k pellets and a liquid plus pop ups , also get some matching P&P wafters they are doing them in a cork dust said to be a proper wafter and  a litre of their beta stim liquid. 

other than that i have some JB kit the bio fish and plum his tm1 and the cream, that's more for the summer though i plan on doing my own by then.  

11 hours ago, Highy said:

I'm sure you can.

I have wandered around and gone up my own backside; on pop-ups alone at one point I had 12 different types, and only caught on a few of them.

I was getting pellets like no tomorrow, bloodworm, Green Lipped Mussel, Betaine, various sizes of koi and some trout pellets.

I watched the fish over the Betaine, GLM and Betaine pellets and realised they were an 'oversprayed' basic pellet. There was not a great deal of difference in the interest from the koi pellet.

Groundbait, I figured Vitalin pretty much serves all my carp, bream and tench fishing needs, although I can change the mix with those koi pellets, worms, casters, maggots, sweetcorn or a few shaves of papers in or luncheon meat.

I have a few boilies

5kg of freezer Rod Hutchinson Infusion

7.5kg (roughly) of Shelf Life Infusion

1 tub of Ballistic B pop-ups in white

1 tub of KMG pop-ups in natural 

1 tub of Aniseed and bunspice pop-ups in yellow (to match the maize or corn in Vitalin)

1 tub of Monster Crab in purple to match the Infusion colour or as flavour topper on snowman rigs.

5 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I've started driving like a Doris, I was getting 47 mpg before, I'm currently hovering about 58 mpg, I feel dirty driving so steadily but if I get an extra 100 miles out of a tank it's probably worth it 😬 

Mate, 

I know how you feel. The E10 doesn't help, my MPG dropped when that took over from E5. I would normally drive the A14 at around 80 according to my speedometer. Now I'm sticking to 65mph.

In 2020 it was 99.9p a litre, now we are up at £1.65 in East Anglia at Supermarkets, higher in Branded stations. £1.69 at Esso last night. I do think I get a few mpg more from branded petrol though which is why I used it, well as well as Nectar points...

I’ve been using the same base mixes and additives for the last 15yrs and the same basemix with different additives since 1997. The flavours haven’t changed much in that time either, started with rod Hutchinson mixed herbs flavour, then richworth blue cheese, then richworth ham (boiled?) then smoked ham flavour from nutrabaits. They work, I’ve massive confidence in my mix, so I don’t see a need to change 

On 21/03/2022 at 23:04, salokcinnodrog said:

I'm sure you can.

I have wandered around and gone up my own backside; on pop-ups alone at one point I had 12 different types, and only caught on a few of them.

I was getting pellets like no tomorrow, bloodworm, Green Lipped Mussel, Betaine, various sizes of koi and some trout pellets.

I watched the fish over the Betaine, GLM and Betaine pellets and realised they were an 'oversprayed' basic pellet. There was not a great deal of difference in the interest from the koi pellet.

Groundbait, I figured Vitalin pretty much serves all my carp, bream and tench fishing needs, although I can change the mix with those koi pellets, worms, casters, maggots, sweetcorn or a few shaves of papers in or luncheon meat.

I have a few boilies

5kg of freezer Rod Hutchinson Infusion

7.5kg (roughly) of Shelf Life Infusion

1 tub of Ballistic B pop-ups in white

1 tub of KMG pop-ups in natural 

1 tub of Aniseed and bunspice pop-ups in yellow (to match the maize or corn in Vitalin)

1 tub of Monster Crab in purple to match the Infusion colour or as flavour topper on snowman rigs.

Mate, 

I know how you feel. The E10 doesn't help, my MPG dropped when that took over from E5. I would normally drive the A14 at around 80 according to my speedometer. Now I'm sticking to 65mph.

In 2020 it was 99.9p a litre, now we are up at £1.65 in East Anglia at Supermarkets, higher in Branded stations. £1.69 at Esso last night. I do think I get a few mpg more from branded petrol though which is why I used it, well as well as Nectar points...

Hi Nick

I was told by a garage to use brands like Esso with their own refineries , rather than supermarkets as the garage said I would get better mpg .

Also the supermarkets  get their petrol from overseas which has been hot filled into the ships .

On 21/03/2022 at 11:15, Highy said:

Hi all, 

3kg Krill Boilies

4kg Krill Pellets

2/3kg Krill floaters

7kg Manilla Boilies

2kg Manilla Pellets

1kg manilla powder

1ltr Manilla Liquid

1 bottle Manilla glug

It's a bit much for a day session! :)

But no, not really. You'll use it eventually. I used a handful of boilies last season fishing for a bite at a time. Gonna try sloppy spods and liquids this year and see how I go.

Edited by dalej2014

4 minutes ago, dalej2014 said:

It's a bit much for a day session! :)

But no, not really. You'll use it eventually. I used a handful of boilies last season fishing for a bite at a time. Gonna try sloppy spods and liquids this year and see how I go.

Deffo for a day... This year will also be a spodding start for me, I've always got liquids / Goos in my bates... Liquids n powders to pimp freebies, Goos to boost my hookbaits.

• 1 month later...
On 21/03/2022 at 11:15, Highy said:

Hi all, 

3kg Krill Boilies

4kg Krill Pellets

2/3kg Krill floaters

7kg Manilla Boilies

2kg Manilla Pellets

1kg manilla powder

1ltr Manilla Liquid

1 bottle Manilla glug

2 minutes ago, Dervill said:

I never have too much as I see straight through the marketing cr*p and only use a tiny bit

However my problem is I keep changing my mind what to use and blaming the bait on hard lakes

I'm getting better though and worked out some good ways to ''pimp'' my favourite baits how I want and get them suiting each other sort of thing, like a profile/plan of attack if that makes sense

I think its very important to, like a matchman, have a few different options and never rely on just one boring old boilie

I've only nearly only used last of my Krill... Still got 90% Manilla n pellets. 

• 2 months later...